.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

Hey ty so wat r the exact steps that i can use if i wish to start a new dynasty in 2006 with UR6.4 i apologise if i missed wat u previously typed if u allready told someone how o do it im havin a bad brain day today my head is screwed sorry.

Right now, the best way is to get one of the save files from total-classics.com. They have UR6.31 If you want to update to UR6.4 or UR6.5 you can do that by following the steps:

Okay for those of you having trouble importing ultimate rosters 6.4 (or any other rosters), try this:

1. Put the .dat files from the rosters into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the files that you need.

4. Now if you want to load a saved game or sim the entire season, or whatever do it now.

5. Then run the importer.

This seems to work so much better than just importing the .dat files from the rosters.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just updated to v0.22, last years stats no longer have a prefix, the current years stats now have a prefex of cy-. I now import and export manager.dat, org.dat, histdata.dat, and histindex.dat. histdata.dat and histindex.dat store the year-by-year stats. I uploaded a 2006 savegame to my website(Ultimate Rosters 6.5 Plus).

Additional notes:

The histdata.dat and histindex.dat files are a temporary solution for the hist.dat file. (I haven't been able to successfully create a new index yet, so I'm just doing a byte by byte copy of both the index and the data sections, until I figure it out)

Also, you can now change each team's budget by editing the org.dat file.

After importing, you should save your game and then load the game. If you don't the game could lock up after a few games. Also let me know if the manager grade gets messed up after importing. It doesn't mess up for me, but I got a pm about it. Also, Let me know if you have any other problems.

im just about at the all star break and now when i run the exporter it seems to get all messed up again, those 25 created spots show up again, teams not having the minimum of 6 pitchers shows up, pitchers stamina all at 0 causing their rating to be real low, i dont know whats happening or why it gets screwed up like that.

edit - i saw your above post about putting the roster.dat in the database folder then starting a new season etc etc, i put in the tstat and some other files and imported it back in and everything is great.

edit 2 - crashes after i sim

I know some asked this before, and I know you said it may be something you look into for the future, but I had a few ideas about possibly updating the draft pool each off-season.

Would it be possible to export a file (say right before a draft begins, when we know what players are in). The file would then report all of the draft pool players stats and attributes (face id, photo id, name, attributes etc.) We could then replace that file with an identical pre-made file with all of the future draft picks for that season (college players, international stars, etc.) We could just keep that file on hand and use it when needed. We could probably make a file with possible picks for at least the next four seasons and just import that at the beginning of each season's draft in the dynasty.

Not sure if that made too much sense, or if it is remotely possible, but it would be a way to eliminate fake players for the first few seasons of a dynasty. Of course this would eventually lead to all new audio IDs and possibly even face creation.

I know some asked this before, and I know you said it may be something you look into for the future, but I had a few ideas about possibly updating the draft pool each off-season.

Would it be possible to export a file (say right before a draft begins, when we know what players are in). The file would then report all of the draft pool players stats and attributes (face id, photo id, name, attributes etc.) We could then replace that file with an identical pre-made file with all of the future draft picks for that season (college players, international stars, etc.) We could just keep that file on hand and use it when needed. We could probably make a file with possible picks for at least the next four seasons and just import that at the beginning of each season's draft in the dynasty.

Not sure if that made too much sense, or if it is remotely possible, but it would be a way to eliminate fake players for the first few seasons of a dynasty. Of course this would eventually lead to all new audio IDs and possibly even face creation.

I didn't forget. I think it's possible, and a good idea. It's just not one of my top priorities right now. Right now my box score extractor has top priority.

Hey ty, great mod here. I have had a problem though. I used this before, and it worked fine. Then i did a roster overhaul to the reds, checked the errors, and did everything i did before, and imported it into the game. Got in the game, could look at the rosters and stats and such. But when i went to play a game, MVP crashed. :?

Hey ty, great mod here. I have had a problem though. I used this before, and it worked fine. Then i did a roster overhaul to the reds, checked the errors, and did everything i did before, and imported it into the game. Got in the game, could look at the rosters and stats and such. But when i went to play a game, MVP crashed. :?

Try this:

After you import, save the game, and then load the save.

If this doesn't work send your .dat files (or your savegame after importing) to tywiggins@hotmail.com

I've read through the posts and didn't see anything like the problem I'm having. What's happening to me is, every time I run the exporter, instead of opening the .dat files from my dynasty, it keeps opening up the .dat files from the default rosters. Every time. I've tried starting new dynasties. I tried the fix you mentioned for using UR6.5 (even though I really didn't understand it), but no luck. If I missed a work around or a fix for this, please point me in the right direction. If this is a unique problem can anyone help me out. Thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to be a little clearer. I can make changes using notepad but when I open the .dat files with MVPEdit, it always opens the default roster.

Try this:

After you import, save the game, and then load the save.

If this doesn't work send your .dat files (or your savegame after importing) to tywiggins@hotmail.com

i went into my game, and then alt tabbed, then clicked on the exporter, but it had an error. Afer the dos window says "found correct memory address" it performs an illegal operation. Is the exporter corrupted or something?

I've read through the posts and didn't see anything like the problem I'm having. What's happening to me is, every time I run the exporter, instead of opening the .dat files from my dynasty, it keeps opening up the .dat files from the default rosters. Every time. I've tried starting new dynasties. I tried the fix you mentioned for using UR6.5 (even though I really didn't understand it), but no luck. If I missed a work around or a fix for this, please point me in the right direction. If this is a unique problem can anyone help me out. Thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to be a little clearer. I can make changes using notepad but when I open the .dat files with MVPEdit, it always opens the default roster.

When you import the .dat files with MVPEdit, are you sure that you selected the correct directory?

The Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder is the directory that MVP Baseball 2005 loads the .dat files from when you start a new dynasty, so thats not the right directory for what you're doing. You want to select the directory that has the exporter, and the exported .dat files.

When you import the .dat files with MVPEdit, are you sure that you selected the correct directory?

The Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder is the directory that MVP Baseball 2005 loads the .dat files from when you start a new dynasty, so thats not the right directory for what you're doing. You want to select the directory that has the exporter, and the exported .dat files.

Yeah, im doing that. I tried it with a different dynasty, and it also crashed when i tried to play a game. Right after i select my stadium.

i went into my game, and then alt tabbed, then clicked on the exporter, but it had an error. Afer the dos window says "found correct memory address" it performs an illegal operation. Is the exporter corrupted or something?

Hmm. Try exiting out of MVP Baseball, and then try doing it again. If it doesn't work, send me a save file, and the .dat files that you want to import, and I'll try to do it for you.

Hmm. Try exiting out of MVP Baseball, and then try doing it again. If it doesn't work, send me a save file, and the .dat files that you want to import, and I'll try to do it for you.

ty, i sent you an email with my dynasty .sav file, and my mbe i want to use (just so you can see if i screwed anything up there). Thanks for your help.

I'm positive I selected the right directory. I can make changes with notepad, but when I try to import the information (.dat files) into MVPEdit, it keeps showing me all the information from my default roster.

I'm positive I selected the right directory. I can make changes with notepad, but when I try to import the information (.dat files) into MVPEdit, it keeps showing me all the information from my default roster.

What .dat files have you made changes to? MVPEdit doesn't import all of the files that I create.

Archived