.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

What .dat files have you made changes to? MVPEdit doesn't import all of the files that I create.

Using notepad I made changes to cy-pstats.dat, cy-tstat.dat and cy-lhbstats.dat just to see if it would work in my Dynasty. The changes I made showed up without a problem. But when I imported the dat. files into MVP Edit all the information that shows up is from the games default roster with last years (2005) final stats.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using notepad I made changes to cy-pstats.dat, cy-tstat.dat and cy-lhbstats.dat just to see if it would work in my Dynasty. The changes I made showed up without a problem. But when I imported the dat. files into MVP Edit all the information that shows up is from the games default roster with last years (2005) final stats.

MVPEdit doesn't do anything with the files with cy- prefix, or extra.dat, or the minor league fbstats

ty, i sent you an email with my dynasty .sav file, and my mbe i want to use (just so you can see if i screwed anything up there). Thanks for your help.

I got your email. Some of the players are not importing correctly into your dynasty. (It doesn't crash at least) Aaron Harang is one of the players that is messed up after importing. He shows up as Default Default, a first baseman. There are approximately 50 other players that this happens to.

I'll try to figure out what's wrong later tonight.

Hey, they same thing happened to me when I tried to edit the Reds. Harang was the first player I saw; there might have been others.

Don't know if this matters, but if you sorted all the players by first name, Harang might be first...

Man I would love to get this working!

I got your email. Some of the players are not importing correctly into your dynasty. (It doesn't crash at least) Aaron Harang is one of the players that is messed up after importing. He shows up as Default Default, a first baseman. There are approximately 50 other players that this happens to.

I'll try to figure out what's wrong later tonight.

Thanks alot for your help tywiggins.

hey ty, when doing the method of running the exporter, copying the rosters.dat into the database, starting a new season, exporting etc etc... what are the main files to copy somewhere then reput them with the new season files before you import it into your already saved dynasty..is it just the CY ones, and tstats.dat? do i need the history ones etc? thanks bro

I found a problem with the exporter.. it works fine and everything as far as the game still playing but when I re-import mid-season it re-selects the #1 pitcher for all teams so the CPU will start their #1s at the same time and messes up the rotations.. I did it about 3 games in and placed someone on the DL in the minors and all teams had their #1 starter selected again so (i.e. Buerhle started twice in the first 4 games and all the top 3 starters go 2 starts before the 4-5 guys had one start which kind of messed up the numbers.

I found a problem with the exporter.. it works fine and everything as far as the game still playing but when I re-import mid-season it re-selects the #1 pitcher for all teams so the CPU will start their #1s at the same time and messes up the rotations.. I did it about 3 games in and placed someone on the DL in the minors and all teams had their #1 starter selected again so (i.e. Buerhle started twice in the first 4 games and all the top 3 starters go 2 starts before the 4-5 guys had one start which kind of messed up the numbers.

I was aware of this, although you are the first to bring it up.

In the next version, I will fix this.

hey ty, when doing the method of running the exporter, copying the rosters.dat into the database, starting a new season, exporting etc etc... what are the main files to copy somewhere then reput them with the new season files before you import it into your already saved dynasty..is it just the CY ones, and tstats.dat? do i need the history ones etc? thanks bro

You want to put the following files into your database folder:

attrib.dat

bstats.dat

career.dat

careerp.dat

fbstats.dat

hist.dat

lhattrib.dat

lhbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

manager.dat

org.dat

pitcher.dat

pstats.dat

rhattrib.dat

rhbstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

roster.dat

team.dat

tstat.dat

Start a new dynasty with the default rosters. Then run the exporter.

Put all of the files that the exporter creates into into a new folder.

Load your saved game. Then run the exporter.

Now copy the following files from the new folder back into the exporter's directory:

attrib.dat

lhattrib.dat

pitcher.dat

rhattrib.dat

roster.dat

extra.dat

Those are the main ones. If you want you can also copy over:

manager.dat

org.dat

team.dat

The following are last year's stats files and aren't necessary to copy over:

bstats.dat

lhbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

pstats.dat

rhbstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

tstat.dat

fbstats.dat

The current year's stats files, including all of the minor league fbstats(AAA).dat files. should not be copied over. Also histdata.dat, and histindex.dat should not be copied over.

Then run the importer. Then save your game to a new slot. Then load the game you just saved.

The program work great for me. I'm very happy for it. Thanks Ty,

Can you will make possible the data exporter-importer-change team- to MVP 2004?

Thanks again, Ty

I don't have MVP 2004 anymore, so I can't really do that.

If it's working great for you, why would you need it to work with MVP 2004?

Guest JWClubbie

So can I import UR into my allready saved dynasty. I am using BBF9 rosters. If I can import these accurate UR that would be awesome. If I am able to, will my 2005 Dynasty Stats, Records etc. be saved....? Thanks.

Can any changes be made in my Dynasty with MVP Edit?

Sorry. I somehow missed this post. You can change the attributes of players and the last years stats, as well as career stats. You can also edit every team's roster.

If you want to edit the current year's stats in MVPEdit here's what you can do:

1. run the exporter

2. make a new folder.

3. Put the following files into the new folder: bstats.dat, fbstats.dat, lhpstats.dat, lhbstats.dat, pstats.dat, rhpstats.dat, rhbstats.dat, and tstat.dat

4. Now remove the cy- prefix from the names of the following files: cy-bstats.dat, cy-fbstats.dat, cy-lhpstats.dat, cy-lhbstats.dat, cy-pstats.dat, cy-rhpstats.dat, cy-rhbstats.dat, and cy-tstat.dat

5. Now import these .dat files into MVPEdit

6. Do what you want to do in MVPEdit, then export back to the same folder.

7. Then add the cy- prefix back onto those eight files.

8. Then bring back the eight files from the newfolder.

9. Then run the importer.

10. Save your game to a new slot, and then load the new saved game.

I may make a couple of .bat files that will do all of the renaming. I know it is tedious renaming all of those files.

So can I import UR into my allready saved dynasty. I am using BBF9 rosters. If I can import these accurate UR that would be awesome. If I am able to, will my 2005 Dynasty Stats, Records etc. be saved....? Thanks.

Try this:

1. Put the .dat files from UR into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the extra files that you need.

4. Put all of the .dat files into a new folder.

5. Now load your saved dynasty

6. Run the exporter again.

7. Copy attrib.dat, extra.dat, lhattrib.dat, pitcher.dat, rhattrib.dat, and roster.dat from the new folder into the importer's directory

8. Then run the importer.

9. Save your game to a new slot, and then load your new saved game.

I'm looking to use this for the first time and I had some simple questions that may be a good disclaimer topic for this mod. When taking a prescription drug the side eefects ae listed so I was wondering what are the side effects of using this little dohiggy. I just want to change some rosters, batting stances and if possible cyberface assignments? I believe those are possible but is there anything I should worry about. Naseua, Vomitting, Diahrea, death, kidney disease, crashing, incorrect stats...

I'm looking to use this for the first time and I had some simple questions that may be a good disclaimer topic for this mod. When taking a prescription drug the side eefects ae listed so I was wondering what are the side effects of using this little dohiggy. I just want to change some rosters, batting stances and if possible cyberface assignments? I believe those are possible but is there anything I should worry about. Naseua, Vomitting, Diahrea, death, kidney disease, crashing, incorrect stats...

I've used it a bunch, and the only thing I've noticed is once in about 50 times it changes my manager's grade.

If that happenes I do not save the dyansty, exit the game, delete the memory address file, and try again. Everytime it has worked the 2nd time

Well. I believe all of the stats are correct. There is some potential for crashing after running the importer.

Here are the situations that I've seen it crash.

1. Starting lineup's incomplete.(crashes when you try to play when one of the teams has an incomplete lineup.

2. Memory address changed since you ran the exporter(because memory addresses are in the histindex.dat file) If you don't close the game between when you run the exporter and when you run the importer, it shouldn't crash.

After running the importer, you should save your game to a new slot, and then load your saved game.

Also the manager grade can change. It usually doesn't change much.

Also it always puts the SP1 as the scheduled starter.

mvpedit

runtime error 3022

the changes you request to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship.

Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

this is the message i get when i try to import into mvpedit. Anybody know what to do?

tywiggins: "Also it always puts the SP1 as the scheduled starter." ------>

I think I can use this capability since I typically play with a personally customized schedule and this will allow me to force 4 man rotations versus the 5 man rotation that the game uses. I assume this to be the case if I execute the exporter/importer after every 4th game (even with no other changes being made) .................

I kinda of like this!

Please let me know if I am mistaken. My cutomized schedule has every team playing on each day so if I do it after every 4th game then a 4 man rotation should be in effect - again; this is my assumption(?)

Thanks,

Don

I just used the latest build and I had the same problem as some of the other people here.. the other team's play-by-play (road team) is not displayed.

stecropper.. every team will be foreced to go to the SP1 when you do that not just you and teams with days off on other days will mess up their rotation

Archived