.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

tywiggins: "Also it always puts the SP1 as the scheduled starter." ------>

I think I can use this capability since I typically play with a personally customized schedule and this will allow me to force 4 man rotations versus the 5 man rotation that the game uses. I assume this to be the case if I execute the exporter/importer after every 4th game (even with no other changes being made) .................

I kinda of like this!

Please let me know if I am mistaken. My cutomized schedule has every team playing on each day so if I do it after every 4th game then a 4 man rotation should be in effect - again; this is my assumption(?)

Thanks,

Don

Yeah, you're probably right. You could use it like you say to force a four man rotation for every team.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mvpedit

runtime error 3022

the changes you request to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship.

Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

this is the message i get when i try to import into mvpedit. Anybody know what to do?

kuno21, I responded to your pm.

When I try to import .dat files to MVPedit, I get run-time error 3163: "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data."

I am trying to update rosters in my current dynasty and to change some cyberface numbers. I too am using the 2006 Dynasty progam. Please walk me thru the steps if you can. Thanks.

When I try to import .dat files to MVPedit, I get run-time error 3163: "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data."

I am trying to update rosters in my current dynasty and to change some cyberface numbers. I too am using the 2006 Dynasty progam. Please walk me thru the steps if you can. Thanks.

what version of MVPedit?

how is the hist.dat file coming?

That is the only missing ingredient for converting a SAV roster into a DAT roster set

I'm pretty sure that I can export a hist.dat. But I was having problems splitting a hist.dat file into the two parts like it is stored in memory.

I'll try to do this when I get done with the boxscore extractor.

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated to v0.24. Get it my the first post. I now export hist.dat. I also fixed it so that the spot in the starting rotation is not reset.

Let me know if you have any problems.

I will try to import hist.dat for the next version.

You can edit the hist.dat in mvpedit. To get the changes to import, though, what you need to do, is put the hist.dat in your database folder and start a new dynasty. Then run the exporter to get the histdata.dat and histindex.dat. Then import those with the rest of your files.

Have you thought about allowing this program to read dynasty save files too?

That way it would be possible to convert dynasties to roster sets, and allow people to switch from Xbox/ps2 dynasties to PC dynasties

I might get to that at some point. Do you have some xbox/ps2 save files?

I might get to that at some point. Do you have some xbox/ps2 save files?

Yeah I'll get them to you tomorrow when I wake up

If needed I can give you PC/Xbox/Ps2 dynasties all with the same roster saved before any games are played. That way the files should be the same except for the system info. That is what RichK (MVPSavReader v1.9.5) wanted anyway

Yeah I'll get them to you tomorrow when I wake up

If needed I can give you PC/Xbox/Ps2 dynasties all with the same roster saved before any games are played. That way the files should be the same except for the system info. That is what RichK (MVPSavReader v1.9.5) wanted anyway

That would probably be best.

Did you ever get framework installed? I know you had issues getting it installed.

I'd suggest uninstalling whatever it is you have now, then reinstalling.

Yeah, I got it installed, worked great on thursday, but now it isn't. I will uninstall and try that.

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didnt work. I had renemd the MVP Basebakk .exe to MVP06 and then switched it back to the original name, and now everything seems to be working. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didnt work. I had renemd the MVP Basebakk .exe to MVP06 and then switched it back to the original name, and now everything seems to be working. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

That had to be it. My programs attach to mvp2005.exe 's memory. If you rename your executable to anything else, it won't work.

would anyone be willing to write an idiots tutorial (me being the idiot) for how to move players to the dl during a dynasty? i've read this entire thread (including page 13) and i must be doing something wrong. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Archived