.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

Ok. This is how I resolved my situation.

1. deleted all files (.dat) from Importer/Exporter folder

2. started up MVP05 and loaded another (different) Dynasty. Creating a new dynasty did NOT work for me. I had to use an existing one.

3. Alt-tab'd out and ran MVP2005Exporter

4. fired up MVPEdit and imported the new .dat files (just created by mvp05exporter).

5. made my edits (changed portrait) to two players

6. exported (using mvpedit) to the same directory I just imported the new .dat files from (step 4).

7. imported updates using MVP2005Importer.

8. Alt-tab'd back into mvp05 and verfified my changes took.

9. saved my dynasty in mvp05 and exited Dynasty mode

10. loaded my original dynasty. The one that was proc'ing errors

11. did steps 3-9

So, I basically did what Fenway and kraw said to do :?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you be able to allow the .dat exporter and importer to pull the data from those save files?

Probably. That's actually what I've been working on for most of the past week. The layout of the roster.dat in the save files is different from the layout of the version in memory. I've figured most of it out, but I need to test it out the DL.

What I don't get is why the Save files (for the PC version anyway) are always the exact same size. Yet, the layout for the roster.dat in the save files has a variable length.

Also the hist.dat is stored in a totally different way in the PS2 savefile. So, I will have to spend some extra time on that.

Do you know if the PS2 version has a limit to the number of years in the year-by-year history? I was looking at Andruw Jones's history, and it looks like 2000 is the first year in his history. In the PC, Xbox, his first year was 1993.

hey guys,

i've been having some problems adding cyberfaces to my dynasty. i'm able to change lineups and everything using mvpedit and i know the cyberface is installed because it appears in the game's default roster. however, it doesn't appear in my dynasty nor do any changes i make to appearance (eg socks, glove color, ect.). any help on this would be much appreciated. thanks.

you have to import it back into your open dynasty for it to appear in the dynasty
i have been doing that. i've been able to add guys to the DL in my dynasty and import it with no problem. is there something different i have to do in order for the cyberfaces to appear? like i said, the lineups are changing in the dynasty so i'm not sure why the appearances aren't changing as well. thanks.

i have been doing that. i've been able to add guys to the DL in my dynasty and import it with no problem. is there something different i have to do in order for the cyberfaces to appear? like i said, the lineups are changing in the dynasty so i'm not sure why the appearances aren't changing as well. thanks.

Are you exporting the .dat files from mvpedit into the importer's directory?

Are you exporting the .dat files from mvpedit into the importer's directory?

perhaps not? i'm not really sure. after i finish editing the roster (that i ecxported) in mvpedit, i export the roster back into the ...data/database folder (clicking the button on mvpedit). then i go and find that new .dat file (under ...data/database) and copy and paste it back in my importer/exporter folder. i then import it back into the game. are there any steps i'm missing/doing wrong? thanks again for the help. i really appreciate it.

perhaps not? i'm not really sure. after i finish editing the roster (that i ecxported) in mvpedit, i export the roster back into the ...data/database folder (clicking the button on mvpedit). then i go and find that new .dat file (under ...data/database) and copy and paste it back in my importer/exporter folder. i then import it back into the game. are there any steps i'm missing/doing wrong? thanks again for the help. i really appreciate it.

What files are you copying from the database folder into the importer/exporter folder?

The appearance information is in the attrib.dat file.

What files are you copying from the database folder into the importer/exporter folder?

The appearance information is in the attrib.dat file.

ok i think that's probably the problem. i was simply using the roster.dat file in mvpedit and only changing the appearance in mvpedit. how do i change it in the attrib.dat file? can i still use mvpedit (if so, how) or do i manually have to edit the file in notepad?

so i got it to work just by editing it in notepad. thanks for all the help. i do have another question though. everytime i make a change and import an edited file (roster, attrib, anything), i loose 3 guys from my DL list and it's always the same 3 guys. i can always just resign them and place them back on the DL but i was wondering if there's anyway to avoid this? thanks.

ok i think that's probably the problem. i was simply using the roster.dat file in mvpedit and only changing the appearance in mvpedit. how do i change it in the attrib.dat file? can i still use mvpedit (if so, how) or do i manually have to edit the file in notepad?

If you export from MVPEdit into the importer/exporter folder it should work. MVPEdit will export all 19 .dat files that it works with.

so i got it to work just by editing it in notepad. thanks for all the help. i do have another question though. everytime i make a change and import an edited file (roster, attrib, anything), i loose 3 guys from my DL list and it's always the same 3 guys. i can always just resign them and place them back on the DL but i was wondering if there's anyway to avoid this? thanks.

Are they on the DL in the extra.dat file?

what numbers/code do i need to use for each individual slot? i think you discovered my problem.

It's easier to just give the player an injury in the extra.dat, then run the importer. Then, in the game put the player on the DL, and make the appropriate changes to your lineups/rotations/rosters. That way you don't have to mess with the roster.dat file.

The slot numbers for the Angels are 0,1,2,3

The slot numbers for the Oakland A's are 4,5,6,7

etc... based on the order of the teams in the team.dat file

It's easier to just give the player an injury in the extra.dat, then run the importer. Then, in the game put the player on the DL, and make the appropriate changes to your lineups/rotations/rosters. That way you don't have to mess with the roster.dat file.

The slot numbers for the Angels are 0,1,2,3

The slot numbers for the Oakland A's are 4,5,6,7

etc... based on the order of the teams in the team.dat file

alright, so if i'm using the yankees in my dynasty, would the DL IDs be as follows?

nyy 48,49,50,51

col 132,133,134,135

tre 272,273,274,275

tam 488,489,490,491

alright, so if i'm using the yankees in my dynasty, would the DL IDs be as follows?

nyy 48,49,50,51

col 132,133,134,135

tre 272,273,274,275

tam 488,489,490,491

I think you're off by 4 on each. And it would have helped if you used the correct initials for the teams.

NYY starts at 44

CLS starts at 128

TRE starts at 268

TMY starts at 484

The files that are inside the zip file.

i hope you mean your download of the exporter.

i´ve them all in the same directory (in a file at the desktop).

than i run the game, load my dynasty and come back to the desktop (with the windows key) like you said it. THAN i double klick the exporter, but nothing happened. there is just a message, that the pc can´t run the exporter.

what did i wrong?

Archived