.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thx a lot guys.

sorry for the stupid questions :roll:

i have one final question: in the zip-file are two lists (one about contract, the other about injurys). i´ve mvpedit 2006.2. where is the part to change conracts (not years and money; i´m talking about everyday, situational, backup etc) and injurys :?:

notepad comes with your computer

also, for some reason whenever i run the exporter/importer it says the correct memory address found then i get the pop up saying an error was encountered then shuts down

OK I'm having problems again

Dunn got hurt for 98 days so I exported, used notepad changed 98 to 15, imported, save dyansty, exited mvp, restarted mvp, and it crashed after the 1st pitch in a game

So I tried again with the same result

anyway I trade for the Big Hurt and went on with life

OK I'm having problems again

Dunn got hurt for 98 days so I exported, used notepad changed 98 to 15, imported, save dyansty, exited mvp, restarted mvp, and it crashed after the 1st pitch in a game

So I tried again with the same result

anyway I trade for the Big Hurt and went on with life

maybe the reason for the crashing are incompled lineups and/or rotations.

everytime i use the dat exporter, some lineups going crazy (often there are some spots missing, like spot 3). so if u have incompled lineups, you HAVE TO delate them, and then rebuild it totally new! if u just sent another guy to the incompled lineup, the lineup still goes crazy (f.e. 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9). if you creat them new, it´s all correct (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

i'm sorry i haven't really been keeping up with this thread, but i've got a problem and hopefully one of you who has could help me.

i exported my dynasty database and all that. and i've tried importing the .dat files and when i click "import > dat files" the window only opens an .mbe file. i'm stuck. lol, so if someone could help me, that would be awesome. thanks.

Well, the mod works rather well I would say! Well DONE!!!

Why haven't you put this in the download section yet?

I followed your instructions and made some adjustments to Nomar (he is now #8 so as not to compete with Pujols), made Rick Ankeil a more disciplined hitter but saddly one change did not take effect . . . no beard for Albert . . .

Otherwise this works like a charm!

I'll give it a million stars if it appears in the download section . . . .

i'm sorry i haven't really been keeping up with this thread, but i've got a problem and hopefully one of you who has could help me.

i exported my dynasty database and all that. and i've tried importing the .dat files and when i click "import > dat files" the window only opens an .mbe file. i'm stuck. lol, so if someone could help me, that would be awesome. thanks.

That's a save window that pops up. When you import .dat files it asks you to save it as .mbe. So just save it as anything you like, make your changes, then export to the folder where the .dat files are. Then import back into dynasty.

I followed your instructions and made some adjustments to Nomar (he is now #8 so as not to compete with Pujols), made Rick Ankeil a more disciplined hitter but saddly one change did not take effect . . . no beard for Albert . .

Did you export the .dat files back to the folder where your importer/exporter is and not to the data/datbase folder?

That's a save window that pops up. When you import .dat files it asks you to save it as .mbe. So just save it as anything you like, make your changes, then export to the folder where the .dat files are. Then import back into dynasty.

Did you export the .dat files back to the folder where your importer/exporter is and not to the data/datbase folder?

I exported from MVPedit back into the folder where the importer/exporter is.

Alright, tell me if i did something wrong, I went into Big Shmooz's models.big lite version, exported all the cyberfaces i wanted (the .fsh, .ord., .orl files) to a folder. Then using kraws installer i put those files into my models.big. Then using tywiggins exp./imp. I exported the data files from the game then edited them using mvpedit to change all the cyberface numbers to correspond with the cyberfaces i imported into the models.big. Then i saved, exported to the folder with the importer/exporter and then imported the files back into the game. I went to create/edit player to look at the cyberfaces and I opened prince fielder, and it crashed, then i went back in and did chris young and it crashed, then i did adam jones, and it didn't crash. I don't know if the cyberface files are messed up or if i just screwed something up. Can anyone help me? Do you think that the problem is that when i exported the cyberface files from big shmooz's models big using eagraph, i pressed decompress files? I'm so lost here, any advice is welcome.

Any fix for the lineups being screwy(only against NL w/no DH) when editing and importing? I've played 3 games where the same player was in the lineup twice. Just wondering so I won't have to keep editing the lineups every couple of games.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I'm thinking about changing the progression system. EA's progress system is way too random for my taste. Basically I want the stats to influence progression somewhat.

Another thing that I'm considering is to come up with a way to have a short season. Playing a full season takes too long, and I don't like to sim my games.

Have these two been done yet? -Mo

Archived