.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check to make sure that you are importing all of the necessary files. I believe you need all of the hist.dat files. This has happened to me before, and I found out that I had deleted a couple of files and that was making the game to crash.

Export the .DAT files and then import them into MVPEdit. Delete Clemens from the roster and make any necessary roster management. Once done, export the .DAT files into your .dat importer/exporter folder and then eventually import the files back into your roster. Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

Check to make sure that you are importing all of the necessary files. I believe you need all of the hist.dat files. This has happened to me before, and I found out that I had deleted a couple of files and that was making the game to crash.

The program does not import the hist.dat file, which I think is the reason my game crashes when trying to delete a part of the player's history.

From the readme: I also export hist.dat. I will try to import hist.dat in the next version.

I am following this topic beacuse one thing I would like to achieve is to update the rosters regarding player changes in the middle of a Dinasty but keeping their performance as much as possible up to the last game I played in the same Dinasty I created.

I tried Ty´s .dat import/export for the first time and it works with me without any crashing, but I will refer to the last paragraph in the readme.txt that comes with the package:

If you want to update the rosters in your dynasty, you should follow the following steps:

1. Put the .dat files from the rosters into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the files that you need.

4. Now if you want to load a saved game or sim the entire season, or whatever do it now.

5. Then run the importer.

This seems to work so much better than just importing the .dat files from the rosters.

I followed these steps and I got all player changes team by team as the new roster in my dinasty.sav and it still keeps results from the games I played, but all players performance, average etc. are reset to "0" as from that point I have to start again. I also noticed when I restarted to first game that both team Wins/Lost were showed as 0/128. If I create a new dinasty, were all players start from "0" and I export and then import to the dinasty I want to update the above result is logical, although I do not have explanation to the Wins:0/Lost:128 showed when I restart playing.

So my question is if there is any trick or mean I can use for keeping players performance in the running Dinasty after the changes to the new roster???

I can't get it to even save in MVPEdit because of this error message:

Run-time error 3022

The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or field that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

I don't have any idea how to fix this situation and would certainly appreciate some help.

Does anyone have a previous version of this program, say 0.23? I can't get past the issues with runtime errors (3022, 53 etc.) and I've tried everything suggested in this thread. All I want to do is check my dynasty for errors with MVP Edit but I can't get it to open the .dat-files. Thanks.

I get the same problem with Run-time error 3022 and can't open the files in MVPedit 2006.2 -- and I used the Exporter as instructed.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this website. I purchased MVP '05 when it originally came out, and now, I am looking to update it. I need a little help however... What is the first mod I should download? Should it be a complete overhaul mod. Like the '07 mod? I need a little direction, I've never done this before.

• 1 month later...

hey i emailed ty about my problem but he doesnt respond

My issue was that i was in the month of june in my 2007 yankee dynasty, and before i reached that i wsa using UR rosters that came out in May, so when i reached a certain date i wanted to use this mod to reflect UR rosters that came out in June. I followed ty's instructions but it doesnt work, game crashes although stats and roster structure did change correctly, but when i try to play a game or sim it crashes, its unplayable now. Although before replacing roster structure players in most teams had people in the DL and ofcourse after the replacement they are removed could this be an issue? if so can someone tell me what i can do?

it seems those who used this mod and changed their rosters midseason everything worked out fine, can anyone help me fix this so i could resume my dynasty?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ty,

A little help please. I have your import export program, and i have a season already started. I downloaded kg's new roster 4/10, and i want to put it into the season I have already started. I read your reame file about updating rosters in dynasty. I did all the steps untill i get to #4. Do i quit the new dynasty to load the one i am currently playing? When I run the importer all i get is a black box on my screen that says please wait searching memory address, and that all it does. What am i doing wrong? Please help. Thank you, Sam

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks: I am retaking this old issue as I am updating a running dynasty which is starting third year. So I read the whole threat for information and I achieved to update rosters (using KG 6.3), but no way I can update managers. I have tried by creating new dynasty export/import sequence, exporting-MVPEdit-importing and even editing in manager.dat file directly were I think manager information is found, as in all trials org.dat content was the same. Someone in the threat wrote this long ago:

1)start mvp

2)load my owner mode dynasty

3)alt-tab back to windows xp

4)run the exporter

5)run mvpedit

6)import the .dat files from the .dat exporter/importer directory

7)make my changes to the manager

8)export the .dat files to the .dat exporter/importer directory

9)run the importer

10)go back to my game

I believe this is the right way to do this. I made a change to a players jersey number, and it worked no problem and it was changed in the game.

But when I make the changed to my manager, mvpedit says success at the bottom, but the changes never reflect in mvp baseball. The directories are correct, I've double checked them. I've even tried selecting yes for the '04 face for the manager but it still shows the default #902 in the game.

But at the end there are no signs if this was solved. After all trials it seems to me that the program do export the manager.dat file OK, but it is not importing back the manager.dat file after any change.

have this finally solved by anybody?? please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

have this finally solved by anybody?? please let me know.

I don't think MVPEdit can change things like that. For me, just editing the manager.dat file worked. Reply, or send me a PM, if you have any questions.

On a separate matter...

I used the .dat exporter and importer and I noticed that some of the players with a Z as the first letter in their surname have disappeared (Zito, Zobrist). They were replaced with A. Player.

Hope this information helps a further version.

• 3 months later...

Archived