.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

This is great stuff. I was able to set up my Reds dynasty with the injured players (LaRue, Wilson, about 15 other minor leaguers) on the DL, for the appropriate times, intead of stashing them on the A-ball team.

Nice find.

Thanks for testing it out. I'm glad it works.

I did notice a small error with unknown1 in the extra.dat file. I accidentally used the value for unknown2 for both unknowns in the importer. This is already corrected and will be in the next version. Also, I have already added pitcher's current stamina to the extra.dat file. It seems to be working. The problem with Edwin Almonte's name seems to have went away by itself after I restarted my computer.

I hope to have a new version out by Thursday morning. Besides what I just mentioned, I intend to export/import tstat.dat, as well as all of the last year's stats files. Also, I will import the minor league fielding stats differently, so that the order of the players in the files doesn't matter.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can not get this program to work for me. I followed all the steps (about 100 times) and keep getting an error message that say's " Run-time error 9 Subscript out of range". It always happens when MVPedit reads "Setting pitching attributes" in the lower left hand corner. What am I missing or doing wrong?

OK, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can not get this program to work for me. I followed all the steps (about 100 times) and keep getting an error message that say's " Run-time error 9 Subscript out of range". It always happens when MVPedit reads "Setting pitching attributes" in the lower left hand corner. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Read what I wrote in the last paragraph of my last post on page 10. To fix the problem, look through your pitcher.dat file with notepad. If you find any players with a lot of extra space after their last name, erase it. You will have to do this for all of the pitching stats files also.

For me it only happened with Edwin Almonte's name. I thought the problem went away after I restarted my computer, but I'm getting the error again. I will try to fix it for my next version. I'm now planning on releasing the next version on Friday or Saturday. I ran into a little problem, and decided that I need to do the team.dat file before the tstat.dat file.

Okay. I think the problem is fixed now. Attached are the latest builds of the programs. The new exporter fixed the "Edwin Almonte name problem" for me. I still don't know for sure why it happened.

This build of the exporter also exports pitcher's current stamina in the extra.dat. And it exports tstat.dat.

This build of the importer fixes the small problem I had with the unknown values, and it imports pitcher's current stamina.

Edit: attachment removed. New latest build available in my new post

Thanks again...this is amazing.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with RGlass about possibly working the extra.dat into his editor? I mean it works just fine, but if we could do it all in MVPEdit, it would be a little easier.

Thanks again...this is amazing.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with RGlass about possibly working the extra.dat into his editor? I mean it works just fine, but if we could do it all in MVPEdit, it would be a little easier.

I just emailed him about it. I'll let you know when I hear back from him.

Does anyone know if there is a file where it starts with the 2006 season with everything ready to go? That would be awesome. Someone sent me to TC.com but they don't have a link to download them

You need to register on that site before you can download the files.

I'm having a slight issue with pitcher.dat using the latest version. I don't think this happened before. Basically, the export of pitcher.dat is putting a couple of random characters into the player's last name. Not every player is affected, but most are. The effect is that every pitcher affected has 0/50 for stamina, instead of the proper number.

Can anyone repro this with the latest build?

ty my man.

I went to that forum, and the link to the file is not working. Am I blind or is there no longer a link provided in that forum?

Were you registered and logged in at the time? I'm at school right now, and it's not letting me log in for some reason, but I've been to the thread before logged in as a registered user, and all the links work just fine.

tywiggins I got the exporter to take the data files from the saved game know how do I create an MBE file including the data files for MVP EDIT so I can edit somethings?

Thanks

Copy over the missing .dat files from MVP Basebal 2005datadatabase folder into the folder with the exported .dat files. I believe the only missing files are org.dat, manager.dat, team.dat, hist.dat. Also tstat.dat if you're not using the latest build of my program.

Now start MVPEdit. Click import. Select the directory with the exported .dat files. Then select where you want to save the .mbe file.

I'm having a slight issue with pitcher.dat using the latest version. I don't think this happened before. Basically, the export of pitcher.dat is putting a couple of random characters into the player's last name. Not every player is affected, but most are. The effect is that every pitcher affected has 0/50 for stamina, instead of the proper number.

Can anyone repro this with the latest build?

I just tested this out, and you're right. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll have it fixed for the next version.

I just keep getting Run time error after Run time error. This time it's #3022.

Please read at least the few pages of this thread. That error was mentioned. And I said how to fix the files so that you could use MVPEdit I also said that I will fix it sometime in the near future.

To fix the problem: open the files in notepad. Delete the players that have all 0's for their playerid. They're all at the bottom of each file.

Here is the latest build. Now tstat.dat and team.dat are both imported and exported. (tstat.dat is currently the last year's standings, I did this so it would be easier to test) I believe I fixed the extra characters in the pitcher's last names. Also I don't export the players with a playerid of 0. (I did notice a bunch of the players with playerid of 0 in the roster.dat, but they don't seem to cause a problem with the game, the importer, or MVPEdit)

So both of those fixes should fix most(if not all) of the MVPEdit runtime errors.

Now the only missing .dat files you need for MVPEdit are manager.dat and org.dat. (hist.dat is not required)

Let me know if you have any problems with this build. I'll work tonight on getting the last year's stats imported and exported.

Edit: Attachment removed. Get the latest version in my first post.

I believe I fixed the extra characters in the pitcher's last names.

Yes, this is fixed now. That was quick!

However, there seems to be a new issue, sorry to say. Looks like there's a problem with the export of the pstats, lhpstats, and rhpstats. The file I exported only contained about half the players. Pretty much went from a thru H. Maybe it's just my export, I don't know.

Again, all this work you're doing is incredible.

Steve

Archived