Hip Hop?

I know some of you guys on here are pretty big into hip-hop, and I'm wondering if you can help me find some things to listen to. I listen to a lot of hardcore/screamo but because of my background in skating and BMX, I've heard my share of goodhip hop.

None of this 50 Cent/G-Unit, TI, or any of that other crap. Yes, crap.

I need the real thing.

P.S. I like KRS-One, he's awesome.

SadatX

Guru(his old stuff with Premier!)

Black Moon

Method Man

GZA

RZA

Pete Rock & C.L Smooth

Phife Dawg

Masta Ace

Big Daddy Kane

Smif 'n Wessun

Dead Prez

and if your interested in international HipHop i'd highly recommend some French stuff like IAM, Shurik'n, Freeman, NTM, Booba, Oxmo Puccino etc.

If you like KRS One, go back and get his old stuff and get

Shabba Ranks

A Tribe Called Quest has a couple of good songs you should buy/download (not their whole album)

And back then when I used to listen to them, Cypress Hill. Their first 2-3 albums.

If you like KRS One, go back and get his old stuff and get

Shabba Ranks

A Tribe Called Quest has a couple of good songs you should buy/download (not their whole album)

And back then when I used to listen to them, Cypress Hill. Their first 2-3 albums.

i've seen KRS One in person. nice guy, but he needs to get his bottom teeth fixed n get some braces!

I really love old school Hip-Hop, back in the late '80s and in the '90s. I don't really like the "crunk", with Lil' Jon and co. But I do like some new Hip-Hop.

Here's some of my favorits:

Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, De La Soul, Slick Rick, Wu Tang, Eazy-E, Slim Thug, Mobb Deep, Dru Down, Souls of Mischief, David Banner, Ludacris, Three 6 Mafia, The Game, Eminem, Nate Dogg, Ice Cube, Jamie Foxx, Juelz Santana, 112, Lil' Wayne, Andrè 3000 & Big Boi, Juvenile, Young Jeezy, Papoose, Busta Rhymes, Cam'Ron, B.I.G, Public Enemy, Kanye West, Jurassic 5, RUN DMC & Warren G

GZA and immortal technique are listed above. Both are great artists. Immortal Technique's lyrics are one of the best I have ever heard, you really have to listen to his songs.

Check out: Atmosphere

Jedi Mind Tricks

Classified

Non-Phixion

Tech-N9ne

I listen to A LOT of bay area stuff. Mac Dre in my opinion is the second best rapper ever right behind tupac. He has over 15 CD's out and was largely underground. He is responsible for basically every aspect of the bay "rap" culture. Check out "Thizzle Dance" "I'm A Boss" "Thats Whats Up" and "Lets All Get Down." Those are some of his classics.

If you like the Mac Dre stuff PM me or reply in this thread because I have a bunch of underground bay area rappers you would probably like.

SadatX

Guru(his old stuff with Premier!)

Black Moon

Method Man

GZA

RZA

Pete Rock & C.L Smooth

Phife Dawg

Masta Ace

Big Daddy Kane

Smif 'n Wessun

Dead Prez

and if your interested in international HipHop i'd highly recommend some French stuff like IAM, Shurik'n, Freeman, NTM, Booba, Oxmo Puccino etc.

Not too big into rap anymore but this is a good list. Black Moon, Gza, Smif n Wessun :pimp:

I would just like to add Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal

Archived