NHL Playoffs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone watch the Sens/Sabres game tonight? It may not have been high-quality defensive hockey, but if you like back-and-forth action and scoring...whoa.

Also I laughed to see Anaheim whallop Colorado 5-0. Before this series I said that Anaheim had a good defensive system, a hot goalie, and wasn't hindered by facing that terrible Stars effort in round 1 like the Avs did. People thought I was crazy for predicting the Ducks to win the series.

Is Giguere still the goalie in that series?

Looks like Sens will be eliminated now...unless they pull a Red Sox they are done for. The NHL Playoffs may be the playoff with the most parity , after the 2nd round ends it looks like San Jose , Anaheim , Carolina , and Buffalo will advance. I didn't see San Jose , Anaheim , or Buffalo getting out of the first round...I just wish American television would broadcast more hockey instead of putting it on NBC every weekend. :(

The Stanley cup finals will be San Jose against Carolina. :D

Obviously Bryzgalov is the starter of the future for Anaheim, while Giguere will leave them this of-season. This whole playoffs has been an odd one. So many teams unexpectedly rose up and showed the favourite in the series how its done. I see Anaheim and Buffalo in the finals. I wish HNIC would show all the series, but you get what you get.

been really busy working on my new house. and didnt get the 2nd round picks in (which wasn't a bad thing since I would have been 2/4 LOL)

Anyways here we go with the Conference Finals Picks...

Edmonton @ Anaheim

The Oilers won the season series 4-0 however Gigeure was in net for all 4 games, so you can toss that aside. Everything leads me to believe that the Ducks should win this series and fairly quickly. However I have this gut feeling that Bryzgalov is ready to come back to earth and will be affected by the long lay off. The Oilers should be beat up and exhausted and may not have a lot left in the tank.

With all that said I think Bryz is a streak goaltender and streak goalies dont win Cups. I'll take Edmonton in 6 (and yes as a Flames fan I feel dirty)

Buffalo @ Carolina

This series is going to be fun! If you haven't watched a lot of hockey I highly reccomend watching this series (the Oil and Ducks will be good too) These teams are evenly matched and the Hurricanes could be getting one of their top scorers back in Eric Cole. When you look at the matchup I dont see a lot of difference in these teams which were both made for a more wide open 'new NHL' The big difference I see is in net. I think Ryan Miller will be pumped for this series even more since Canes head coach Peter Laviolette was the head coach of the USA Olympic Hockey team that snubbed Miller. Now Cam Ward has been amazing for the Canes, but Buffalo can throw 4 lines over the boards with speed and I think thats the difference. But as I said before this is going to be one hell of a series!

I'll take the Sabres in 6 games.

• 4 weeks later...

I was playing MVP baseball online and I told the guy if Carolina won in overtime and clinched the cup I would have to end the game to see the ceremony...luckily Edmonton won so we were able to continue playing (until he disconnected an inning later lol)

I look forward to seeing how loud Rexall Place will be Game 6...they said it was loud during the final minutes of game 4.

Archived