Competition: Move the Marlins!

AstroEric

My game crashed, and i couldn't find out what tyhe problem was, and i uninstalled it before I started this, it was not a problem due to the stadium, here it is if anyone wants it, There are some things left to change, but otherwise its good. Who wants to be a beta tester? please post in-game screens. pm me ur e-mail, and say you want to be a beta tester.

Kenny -- I don't see any attachments to your message. But I'd be glad to try stuff out for you. It might be later in the week though. I've got to write a 15-pager on "Carlyle as Proto-Post-Modern Author."

Kenny and DUnit -- No fighting, you two. There are similarities in the names, but no one accused anyone of stealing from the Calgary Flame. There's only so many names you can have before you venture into lameness. My high school, despite being 350 miles inland, was the Greenwave.

--Eric

I want to give this a try and I just had one question. I have Kenyess' jersey template and am using Photoshop CS2, but how do i change the coulours of the jerseys and add logos without removing the texture? Matbe you could make a tutorial as well if its not to troublesome? Thanks for what you've given us already though. :wink:

What are the odds that the Marlins play games in San Juan a year or two before the move. :) I bet they'll go to San Antonio when, (not if) they move, but they could go to Montreal for all it matters, just long as they leave S. Florida. At least they might even see more fans in the ballpark up in Canada. :lol:

I want to give this a try and I just had one question. I have Kenyess' jersey template and am using Photoshop CS2, but how do i change the coulours of the jerseys and add logos without removing the texture? Matbe you could make a tutorial as well if its not to troublesome? Thanks for what you've given us already though. :wink:

You put colors in the color layer, and logos in the logo layer.

Hi!, and happy new year to those who know me ;-) . Since I'm not american, please give me a good western name, and I'll try to give you a good San Antonio concept kit.

I was going to say the San Antonio Defenders, as in the defenders of the Alamo. Unfortunately, the Giants AA team just changed their name to the Defenders this year, so that might not fly.

Other possible names off the top of my head: Wranglers, Armadillos (TX state animal), Saints, Spirit (like an American spirit type of thing), Bandits, Longhorns, Mustangs, Stallions. Pretty much any other name you can think of having to do w/ cowboys & the wild west would probably work.

For the San Antonio Spirit I was thinking something along the lines of this: http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/OHL/SAG_1648.gif or maybe make it a Texas flag instead, as the Spirit of Texas.

I'm personally a fan of the Spirit, Stallions, or Defenders, but I haven't even remotely got the talents to make anything decent looking.

• 1 month later...

I think I'll get in on this...don't expect any in-game screenies or anything though - I don't have the game installed.

-dan

Sacrilege! Sacrilege! :lol:

Yeah, I tried starting something for this, but it never really panned out after I realized I wasn't very good at drawing logos.

Hehe :-)

I do all my web/graphics work on a different computer now than last year. I didn't want to install any garbage on this computer so it would run fast.

I'm also getting an Apple notebook in the near future so you can forget about MVP (unless I install it on the Windows OS - yes, I'll be able to switch between the two =) )

My team:

San Antonio Cowboys Baseball Club

sanantoniocowboyssmall20dr.png

-dan

this thing has kinda died out, hasnt it. i found that i cant use photoshop on my computer, i already wasted all of my trials with it online. but i have drawn a few designs so maybe i can scan it and see if anyone likes it?

and heres another idea: how about using the name Florida Marlins as a minor league affiliate?

Archived