Will these systems run MVP Baseball 2005 well?

atrain3868

Hello,

I am new to the boards and to MVP Baseball 2005. I used to play High Heat Baseball on the PC in 2002-2003 and getting back into the baseball games. I just purchased MVP 2005 for the pc and was wondering if my PC's will run MVP 2005 ok....first I will list the systems and go from there:

Desktop:

Dell Dimension 5100

3.6ghz P4

1 gig ram

ATI Radeon x600 256MB Hypermemory

160GB hard drive

Laptop:

HP Pavilion zv6000

AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200+

512mb RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 Series

80GB hard drive

I was hoping to install MVP 2005 on both these systems using the MVP06 mod that I have read so many great things about. I am hoping to run the game on both these sysytems with full graphic/sound options. Do any of you foresee any problems with either or both of these systems in running the game? Thanks for any response and look forward to my time on this board.

Adam (atrain3868)

Charlotte, NC

Thanks for the reply. How far off is the laptop? Will the laptop run it with some of the bells and whistles of the game toned down a bit?? Tiger Woods 06 runs fine on the laptop with everything maxed. Will the laptop do ok with some lowering of graphics?

Hey Adam,

As mentioned, your desktop won't have any problems with MVP. Your laptop, however, is a long ways away. My laptop has an ATi Mobility x700 with 256 MB of dedicated (not HyperMemory) video RAM, and I have to play with latencies and overclock it slightly to make it run the MVP 06 mod with no stutter (stock, there's slight stutter on the swing feedback replays and such). There are such large, high-quality textures in the 06 mod that the integrated solution in your lappy will struggle mightily, and will probably actually be unplayable. I don't think there'd be a problem playing without that mod, though.

My old laptop, a 4-year old HP with an ATi IGP 32M 32 MB dedicated, 32 MB shared (one of the worst graphics cards I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with) struggled with MVP even with virtually no mods and things like the crowds turned completely off. Since your card is leaps and bounds above that, you'll be OK to play without the 06 mod (with some stuff turned down), but I wouldn't even try it with.

Thanks alot for the info. I will most likely play MVP with the 06 Mod on my desktop and maybe try it on the laptop without the mod and just updated rosters. This was definately helpful. Thank you sir.

Take care,

Adam (atrain3868)

Charlotte, NC

Archived