Weird/Creepy Cyberface problems

dlagace

I know that a few people have brought up the issue of messed up cyberfaces (not the Christmas lettering faces), but here is the first definitive screenshot that I have seen anywhere. I am hoping someone can tell me if/how to fix this? It is a consistent problem with the same players (I know Oswalt, Hillenbrand, and this is Buddy Bell have the problem) and it does not go away from game to game. Once messed up, always messed up. I am not sure, but it almost seems like it is getting worse. It may be there are just a number of players who are messed up and they need to be fixed/replaced with identical players with generic faces, or it may be that one of the files is getting corrupted (?). I'm using Big Shmooze's Ultimate Rosters plus 6.2, with the correct uniforms.big and models.big files overwritten after separate downloading. No other mods or anything else weird. I know absolutely nothing about modding and wouldn't even attempt it unless someone has an idea of exactly what to do. I know it's not a graphics problem because a) changing any of the graphics settings and updating my drivers does nothing and B) it's the same players all the time, unlike the Christmas faced thing (which I've never seen). This is definitely something that is pretty disturbing and worth it to me to completely redo those players with generic faces if no one knows the solution. I don't want to go through that trouble if this is a worsening problem that may eventually replace all the players in the league with these acid-burned faces. The models.big file is always and reamins "read-only" so the game can't be corrupting it.

V-sync is on in-game, but I'm not sure how to do it on my graphics card? I have the latest drivers, it's a GeForce 4 (I know, not that recent but everything in the game runs fine on it). I play with helmet reflections off, low crowd detail, shadows on, umpires on...player details are low and greyed out as an option. Not sure how I would change it, maybe I can't because my card is old. Didn't have any problems with the default faces before loading the rosters and I played that for quite a while. Thanks for any help in advance

player details are low and greyed out as an option.

Nothing we can do about that. THere was a program name 3d analyze that can enable that option to high but Your game may become more choppy when U set them high.

So may as well save money and buy a decent graphics card.

I'm fine with the graphics the way they are...it looks fine and runs fine. All I want is for the handful of players with messed up faces to not be messed up. Anyone have any other ideas? I'm almost positive it is something to do with the new models since it worked fine with no problems on the default rosters. I guess I can a) deal with it and ignore it, B) replace the messed up players with generic-faced players, c) delete/uninstall and go back to EAsports' un-acid-melty players. Does anyone know if there is a mod here that has all/most of the major league players on the correct teams with no new face models? I'd rather have the few players not in last year's game just have generic faces than deal with it the way it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dlagace... I believe as kgbaseball said... this is an issue of you probably having an 05 face in your rosters setup, but in actuality, the player has an 04 face. You need to edit those particular places with the MVPEdit program found here... http://www.glass4.com/mvpedit/

One more thing... if you feel you can't handle doing this, you can go with a roster such as the UR standard version which has no updates on modded cyberfaces.

Btw... the UR plus version I know also has correct cyberface 04 & 05 styles except for one mistake with Aaron Miles, which either you can fix on your own with MVP edit or wait for the next updated roster. If you use this roster you should not have such a problem if you use that version with my latest models.big currently located on the website here. (except for Miles)

Excellent, thanks for the ideas Shmooz. I love what you've done with the rosters and faces, and before these couple weird face glitches, I'd thought it made this probably the best sports game I've ever played (which is saying something if it's better than Madden). I'll try to give it a whirl with editing it myself this weekend, and if I am overwhelmed (always a possibility), I may just wait for the new rosters. I'm in the middle of a season (in my attempt to be the world's biggest baseball dork, I am playing through a season with my team from a separate replay managing-only league that uses Diamond Mind). If only MVP had a manage-only mode with actual graphics shown, I'd try to convince my league to switch to this version. Alas, I'm stuck playing through both leagues. Ok, again thanks and I'll try to give an update about what happens with it this weekend.

dlagace... First of all, you're welcome. Secondly let me say, the rosters are not mine. Thank Totte for them.

Now let me just mention something to you, if you are already playing a dynasty, the above suggestion of editing the rosters will not work, since the game is not reading the rosters you play with, from the rosters you are going to either edit or download. You will need to start a new dynasty in order for the changes you make to take effect. (However when you play an exhibition game, it should also work once you have made the edits)

• 2 months later...

I've been searching for an answer to the same question about the Buddy Bell split face, glad I found this thread. Any solution to the problem dlagace? I have the same problem and would like to figure out a way to get it fixed and any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

rskjackson & gdutov ....As I sorta explained already. you need to up your graphic settings. Do not leave it on low. If it's greyed out then use the 3danalyze program to get your graphics on high. Anyway this should not be an issue if you have the LATEST UR rosters since the 04/05 faces have been corrected IF YOU ARE USING MY LATEST models.big.

ok i got ur models.big lite. the cyberfaces still look bad. im trying to use 3d analyze but it says it cannot inject the .dll. I now that that should work and it should make the player detail option available. so am i forced to get a new graphics card??

umm i think its all the faces that have been edited. For example, derrek lee was fine before and i think someone changed it and now its bad. I tried to use eagraph and edit the cyberfaces as well. And whenever i tried to chnage em they looked bad. It looks like the eyes and mouth are at the side of the face. There is also that eye problem for the normal faces. Bj Ryan looking like he has 2 sets of eyes. Basically, i think i need a new graphics card.

Archived