Any advice on my new job opportunity?

OleEnglishD

I was offered a job from a contractor today to help him setup home stereo systems and plasma tv's for customers of Best Buy, Sears, and Circuit City. It seems very easy and the pay is good, as long as there is enough work. We have a 3 county area locked down so we should be fine. Another benefit of this job is that the guy I am working for is going to bring me in on his PC maintanence and resell business. I am not that knowledgable whith the inner working of a pc(except for installing my graphics card), but he will train me. I was just wondering if any one is in a related field (pc maintanence or home stereo & plasma tv set-up) that could give me some advice on what to expect and if it is a worthwhile investment?

My uncle has his own business. It is high end audio and visual installations. He does every thing from mounting plasmas, security systems to audio systems throughout the entire house. If you enjoy that type of stuff it is a great field to get into. Plus if you think about it this field is only going to continue to grow in the future with the constant improvement of components and people looking to set up home theater systems.

Thanks for the comments, It will only start out part time, but I am going to take the job. It is definately a better long term financial solution compared to my current work which consists of working midnights at a warehouse and my seasonal work as a political advisor(sounds important but it does pay like it).

Archived