Cub's Cyberfaces: Matt Murton

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll see what I can find.

edit: Check out Adam Eaton of the Rangers, it's pretty close. good luck.

maybe you could post a pick of barrett and murton.

thanks for the suggestion, but Eaton is an 04 face style, I need an 05 style. I might just go ahead and use Edmonds. As for Murton, I might be able to get a high-res photo soon so I will post once I get Murton fixed up. Ill go ahead and post my picture of Barrett soon.

OK, here's my Murton face. A few adjustments to the nose and he's done. I'll probably post an update of him after I release my cubs pack, when I can get a high-res pic to use. I spent hours fixing his face model and texture. I gave him bigger sideburns, made his hair bigger and changed the bridge of his nose:

mattmurtonpreview1hb.png

I'm now going to find a better face model for Barrett and then I'll release them

I'd say use the healing brush to clean up the edges of the cutout, and mayeb try to darken some of the highlights and lighten some of the shadows. The texture looks a little to 'checkerboarded' right now.

Still a very good effort though.

I'd say use the healing brush to clean up the edges of the cutout, and mayeb try to darken some of the highlights and lighten some of the shadows. The texture looks a little to 'checkerboarded' right now.

Still a very good effort though.

thanks for the comments. I think my real problem is that I dont have Photoshop. I use 2 programs, the GIMP and Serif PhotoPlus. Every time I save a bitmap, it for some reason gives the texture a weird speckled appearance. I dont know if either program has a healing tool. I've only been able to use the smudge tool.

I've decided to leave Murton as is. Now the trouble is Barrett. I cant seem to find a good face model. Does anyone have an idea of someone who looks similar to Barrett that I can use. As soon as Barrett is finished, I will release this.

I did some looking and came up with a couple options for Barrett. I still think Adam Eaton is the best, but here's what I found: Joe Kennedy, Brian Anderson(Rangers I think), or Brian Lawence.

Maybe work a little more on the eyes and nose for Murton. Keep it up though, it's nice having a Cub's fan as a cyberface maker.

I've been working on my own Derrek Lee cyberface for awhile:

dleeretexturezk9.png

I had to do extensive reshaping of Moises Alou's face model to turn it into D-Lee:

reshapers8.png

1.moved rounding of cheeks up

2.reshaped jaw-line

3.moved eyes closer together

4.flattened forehead

5.reduced size of neck

6.reshaped bridge of nose many, many times

a few more adjustments and I'll release it

Looks pretty good.

In addition to the other things you mentioned, I would look at adjusting the mapping on the sides of the nose and the corners of the mouth.

thanks, I planned on adjusting the mapping on the nose, but I didnt see the problem with the mouth, good catch. I'll fix that too.

Archived