Total Classics *61

Sandman

Sean, with the alphablends, what part name in mstadium.ord and .orl is it looking for? I keep getting 'missing texture'.

Seats and fans on the Monsta' are gone.

Updated:

If you're using the alphablends from fenway classic, the cram32 part it is using is called "tr07". I believe part 5 and 6 are the best to use in alpha, since they are meant for the walls themselves and have the most vertices.

As for Candlestick, remember that it wasn't built in the triangular, enclosed shape. The original looked much more like the Met or Memorial:

CandlestickPark1.gif

The outer fence was the original for 1960, but for 1961 the fences had been moved to the 365/410/365 depth. Isn't this a whole lot more pleasant than the enclosed monster it became?

candleold.jpg

Still very much a WIP, but it's coming along.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're using the alphablends from fenway classic, the cram32 part it is using is called "tr07". I believe part 5 and 6 are the best to use in alpha, since they are meant for the walls themselves and have the most vertices.

Thanks, that did the trick. Now I've got to mess around with the color, figure out which buildings to demolish and get that advertisement that should be in right center.

It's getting closer.

Also, it should be noted that the fence itself is angled backwards at around 20 degrees, not straight. To make it completely accurate, I would try to an object for the posts themselves, then have the net angled backwards from the top of the wall.

Also, since you have the video in front of you, was there an electronic scoreboard on the end of the regular scoreboard in 1961 like there was in 1975? Best of luck.

Hardcore-

If you've been watching the '67 video, I'm sure you've caught these things, but I figure I'll make note of them anyway. First off, almost all the padding should be removed and replaced with dull green concrete, since the only padding is on the infield and foul ground walls, not in-play. So, there should be a line all the way across the monster about a foot below the top of the scoreboard of concrete, above which you can still use the typical Monster texture. In dead center, it's all concrete. For the bullpens, around to the Pesky pole, it's all padding.

The NL scoreboard is definitely there, but it looks different from today. Not sure if you can get that in there.

As for the colors, I really don't know what to do about it. In '75 it looks way darker, but in '67 the video is so washed out it looks lighter. I guess it'd have more of a 60's feel if it was a little lighter than now, though the concrete underneath the tin on the monster is a darker green.

If there's anything I can do, just let me know.

Wow, great job guys just got it installed! Only have a few questions.... When looking through the teams I see Ariz, Sea, FLA, Montreal, etc are they supposed to be in there, or did something get screwed up on installation?

IF anyone needs any help with anything just pm me, and il do my best to contribute! Although I wasnt nearly born yet in 61, nor thought of, Ive always loved reading and watching clips of baseball from this era. This was looooong overdue! Kudos to everyone who contributed!

davis25,

In Dynasty mod of the *61 project only the 18 teams from 1961 are present.

But the other teams that weren't present are still available for Exhibition play. Those teams are like the:

'62 NYM

'64 HOU

'70 MON

'70 SDP

'70 MIL (Brewers)

'74 TEX

'72 KCR

with SEA, TOR, COL, ARZ & FLA those teams are made up of players from the early '60s that were mostly secondary type players.

These teams that were not part of the 18 original 1961 teams should be ready to go but they have not undergone the detailed tweaking that those 18 1961 teams have. Although they were well tweaked before the *61 project began and still should be in very good shape. Just no extra attention were applied to them during the *61 project like was heavily applied to those 18 original teams.

Enjoy,

Don

Enjoy davis25

---- it is for guys your age group that was a big motivation for us to do the *61 project

......... we felt pretty comfortable that us older guys that were around in those days would enjoy *61 but we wanted to really capture the feelings, sights and sounds of '61 for those that weren't there so they could at least experience what it was like

........ So we are happy that you are giving it a whirl .........

Also, those added non 1961 teams are the same group of teams that made up the Early '60s Roster set that was first produced for MVP 2004 ---- but greatly improved since then ............ they should be fun to play in Exhibition mode if you get a chance to.

Don

Very cool, I first remember baseball around 82 or 83. I fully remember the 84 cubs, so I was around 9 when I first really started watching it alot!

BTW, one point I wanted to ask was this. I went ahead and unlocked all the fields with the Katie Roy cheat, but wasnt sure if that was needed or not. I tried to play at Crosley field and it was locked so I used the cheat. I also tried downloading the updated Crosley field that was posted in the DL's section and it made the game crash to desktop, so just wanted to make sure someone knew that! Thanks alot!

My '61 dynasty update-deleted other dynasties; game crashed only once since then-not sure why-was when game was loading-My Dodgers are 8-6 after losing 4 of 5 from cards; won 2 of 3 from Reds. this is the same record the real '61 dodgers had after 14 games. Thanks again Modders-awesome work

Glad to hear of what I assume is an improvement in the crashing problem.

I still don't have the answers to why it seems to crash much more frequently when there are more than 1 Dynasty file creasted in the MVP directory but it sure seems that way to me and apparently you have verified that as well. I still think it is a memory mapping/overlay problem of some sort that causes it.

But again there are so many things that can cause crashing with MVP 2005 ....... things I've heard about are: anti virus programs or any program running that automatically initiates itselfs occassionally; too many resources being consumed; ATI Drivers; Direct 9X corrupted files; video card getting too hot; etc etc etc ..........not to mention all the things that can happen within the game itself to cause crashes .............

Just have to do the best we can I guess ------- I just call those RainOUTS !!!

Take Care & Thanks for the Update ...........

Don

Rain outs I like that-since I am scraping divisional winners and wild card teams I am going with a true pennant winner-here is my current standings

GB

Reds 10-3 ---

pirates 9-5 1.5

Dodgers 9-6 2

Cards 8-6 2.5

Cubs 7-10 5

Braves 5-8 5

Phils 5-10 6

Giants 4-9 6

Very cool, I first remember baseball around 82 or 83. I fully remember the 84 cubs, so I was around 9 when I first really started watching it alot!

BTW, one point I wanted to ask was this. I went ahead and unlocked all the fields with the Katie Roy cheat, but wasnt sure if that was needed or not. I tried to play at Crosley field and it was locked so I used the cheat. I also tried downloading the updated Crosley field that was posted in the DL's section and it made the game crash to desktop, so just wanted to make sure someone knew that! Thanks alot!

If I am not mistaken the Crosley update you downloaded was for MVP 2004 and thus it would make the game crash.

I can't wait to get this game installed. I just got MVP 2005 today (had been using 2004). I did what the instructions said but when I run TC61 I get a runtime error and can't figure out why.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to playing. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning without batteries :)

Skipper61 --- make sure your directories are not set to "Read Only" .... which could cause and error during the installation from what I have read.

To check this just right click on a directory and then click on it's properties which should show if the directory is marked as "Read Only" or not ..... if it is then set it to not be "Read Only" by unchecking it (I think) and then doing the Apply function.

You might need to do this for specific modules as well if they are marked "Read Only".

has anyone worked on Wrigley Field for 1961 era, if not Ill give it a shot. I dont think it needs alot of work, I know of a few things that need changed.

What programs would I need to download to work on stadiums. Ive got the time to do it, so anyone who can help me get started would get a big thanks!

I am having trouble trying to download this mod? The download always finished at well below the 300 mb that the files is. This means i cant actually extract the files from the .zip

does anyone have any suggestions ?

The same thing happens when i try to d/l TC5 or 1994

has anyone worked on Wrigley Field for 1961 era, if not Ill give it a shot. I dont think it needs alot of work, I know of a few things that need changed.

What programs would I need to download to work on stadiums. Ive got the time to do it, so anyone who can help me get started would get a big thanks!

Do a search for Pirate's Oedit tutorial, either in the FAQ or in the download section. That will have all the info you need to begin modding.

For Wrigley, you probably won't even really need to use oedit, just edit the graphics. I'm not sure what you'd have to mod in that park, but good luck getting photos from the 60s.

Don,

I checked the directories and most if not all of the .big files, both in the LIB file from the dl and the existing .big files. None were set to Read Only. I am totally lost. Can it be manually installed? I tried to install files manually and saw how cool it looked, but after picking the teams, uniforms, players and stadiums, the game crashed. I must've missed something. :(

Help please.

Cliff

Don,

I checked the directories and most if not all of the .big files, both in the LIB file from the dl and the existing .big files. None were set to Read Only. I am totally lost. Can it be manually installed? I tried to install files manually and saw how cool it looked, but after picking the teams, uniforms, players and stadiums, the game crashed. I must've missed something. (

Help please.

Cliff

Hey Skipper61,

Manually copying the files from the "Lib" directory into the correct directories should work.

I took a look at all those entries in the "Lib" directory and with the exception of the Stadium related files I would think all should work fine.

I am not completely familiar with how the Stadium files are built since I did not do those. You might wish to skip the attempt at installing them.

Here is what I would suggest you do:

Copy everything into the appropriate directories within the game with the exception of:

a) the MISC directory ignore completely

B) the OLAY directory only install things with a date of 2006

c) ignore the PITCH directory

d) all Text Documents in the STADIUM directory should go into the DATA directory where as all BIG files should go into the STADIUM directory.

That should get you the basic install of *61 which should work. You would be missing the Stadium select screens for some of the Classic Stadiums.

Just make certain all files are copied to their appropriate directories within the game --- some BIG files go into the Data directory other go into the frontend, database, igshapes etc etc directories ...........

Good Luck,

Don

Thanks Sean O, ill give that a shot! Im sure pictures will be tough to come by, but ill find something somewhere, even if I have to contact someone from cubs.com to get resources. First thing I can think of is the doors need changed to that god awful red color.

I am having trouble trying to download this mod? The download always finished at well below the 300 mb that the files is. This means i cant actually extract the files from the .zip

does anyone have any suggestions ?

The same thing happens when i try to d/l TC5 or 1994

could be a connection thing, but give it a shot downloading it at www.total-classics.com

Archived