Total Classics *61

Sandman

Don and team,

Kudos, as usual for a superlative effort! I remember when I thought "Oldtime Baseball" was the ultimate. Between this mod and TC5, you've made me forget all about that offering.

The one thing that truly comes through when I look at this is the passion and attention to detail. I mean, where else can you try to get a hit against Bill Monboquette?

Take a well-deserved rest and enjoy the game!

C

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Chris, By the Way, Oldtime Baseball lives within *61 in the form of the in between innings In-Game Music ................. I was addicted to that music when I use to play Oldtime Baseball and I really enjoy hearing it again as I re play the *61 Season ................

Hi Albie,

On the Installer "Destination" folder you should probably use the Browse button to the right and point to the folder you wish to install this mod to.

Example might be "C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005" or it could be something like "C:Program FilesEA SPORTSTotal Classics V5 MVP Baseball 2005" if you created a directory for Total Classics with that type of name.

Then hit the Extract button on the bottom right to begin the installation.

Once that is complete you should go to the folder you pointed the installer to and look in the main directory of that folder for the TC1961 application exe.

Click on TC1961 to complete the installation of the *61 Season Mod.

Enjoy

Thanks for the quick reply.

Another?: Will *61 become a separate game?

In other words I have MVP Baseball 2005/2006 and Total Classics 2005 set up as separate games, each in a different folder.

Albie,

*61 does use it's own specific model.big, portraits.big and several other files to add to it's overall unique 1961 theme. So, Yes, it should likely be used as a separate game.

As more of these Total Classics releases unfold the Classics Team is considering a utility that will provide the ability to switch between any Total Classics release while only having a single MVP Baseball 2005 version installed. As of yet however this function has not been made available.

Albie,

*61 does use it's own specific model.big, portraits.big and several other files to add to it's overall unique 1961 theme. So, Yes, it should likely be used as a separate game.

As more of these Total Classics releases unfold the Classics Team is considering a utility that will provide the ability to switch between any Total Classics release while only having a single MVP Baseball 2005 version installed. As of yet however this function has not been made available.

Why wasn't that put into the description of the download and in the readme that came with it??? People are going to be trying to install this not knowing exactly how, because there were no installation instructions, and not knowing that it will overwrite whatever they are installing it over!

The installer has 3 functions:

1) Backup existing files

2) Install *61 files

3) Restore previous files

That will provide a backout if you do not care to keep *61 installed.

It is basically the same installer that has been used with Total Classics V1 through V5.

In our haste to provide the *61 Season Mod to the many awaiting it we did inadvertently overlook providing instructions on how to use the installer.

Then many people elect to create completely separate MVP Baseball 2005 installs for each version of the game they have (i.e. TCV5; 1994; *61 etc.)

It truly is personal choice.

It appears you are not too pleased with what we provided. Not only do we provide Backup/Restore functions but we also offer full refunds as well.

Take Care,

Don

How to use the Total Classics *61 Installer:

1) Download Total Classics *61

2) Unzip Total_Classics_61

3) Execute the Extractor TC-1961

a) Point to the "Destination" Directory you wish to install *61 into

B) Hit the "Extract" button

This will create a Directory named "Lib" within the Main Directory of the Destination folder pointed to above which will contain all files needed to successfully install the complete *61 Season Mod later in the install process.

c) Wait until completed

4) Go to the Main Directory pointed to by "Destination" in the Extractor above

5) Find the TC1961 Application and click it to Execute

a) Execute Backup Files

This will create a Directory named "Backup" within the Main Directory which will contain all files needed to Restore to your original game files

Wait until completed

B) Execute Install *61 Files

This will copy from the "Lib" Directory all files needed to complete the *61 install into their appropriate active directories within the game

Wait until completed

c) Execute Restore Files IF you want to Backout the *61 Season Mod

This will copy from the "Backup" Directory all the original files needed to return the game to what it was prior to installing the *61 Season Mod

Wait until completed

To play both games without having to Restore & Reinstall each time you should build completely separate MVP Baseball 2005 Directory for each version of the game you wish to play.

Hope this Helps,

Don

neither download from mvp classics or mvp mods work. the one from mvp classic doesn't dl , it crashes in mid dl. and the one from mvp mods dls but seems to be corrupt. the exe crashes at about 98% complete :(

I've noticed no one else seems to have this problem. Do I need a clean install of mvp 2005 to run this? I used a copy of my mvp 2005 with all the lastest updates mods in it.

maxbjr,

I will give it a shot again but you are the first to report this so I would probably think you should just continue trying ---- but if I am unable to download it successfully I will let you know and then we will correct it ........

Thanks for letting us know about this potential problem,

Don

That said:

Yankee Stadium

Forbes Field

Busch Stadium

Metropolitian Stadium

Cleveland Municipal

Tiger Stadium

are all done to (I think) acceptable levels.

Griffith Stadium

Wrigley Field

Fenway Park

Crosley Field

Shibe Park

....will need work to revert them back to '61 levels.

Am I correct on this?

This has to be the BEST baseball game ever now that *61 has been created and shared by these outstanding modders. I truley enjoyed MVP baseball as it was, then the Total Classics were released and I was even more excited. Now, I get to play the greatest season of all time (IMHO). And I get to play in Dynasty mode. :D Baseball Heaven :D

In our haste to provide the *61 Season Mod to the many awaiting it we did inadvertently overlook providing instructions on how to use the installer.

Then many people elect to create completely separate MVP Baseball 2005 installs for each version of the game they have (i.e. TCV5; 1994; *61 etc.)

It appears you are not too pleased with what we provided. Not only do we provide Backup/Restore functions but we also offer full refunds as well.

(Ignoring the sarcasm)

Incorrect. I was simply trying to point out that it would save yourself and others a lot of grief to have taken the 5 minutes, as you have done here, to explain things.

I use separate installs, and my own backups since I don't trust uninstallers, especialy with MVP, since it seems so finicky and prone to crashes and lockups with the slightest changes.

That said:

Yankee Stadium

Forbes Field

Busch Stadium

Metropolitian Stadium

Cleveland Municipal

Tiger Stadium

are all done to (I think) acceptable levels.

Griffith Stadium

Wrigley Field

Fenway Park

Crosley Field

Shibe Park

....will need work to revert them back to '61 levels.

Am I correct on this?

Yep, that's about right. Griffith is relatively fine as it is, Wrigley has barely changed over the years so it would just need some slight mods, Shibe has had a total update by paulw so that's fine, and Crosley needs updating. You also forgot Memorial '54, which I've updated a tad for release.

So this leaves Comiskey, KC Municipal and Fenway. I may try to look over Fenway and do some quick updates on it, since i'll really just need to get rid of the ads, remove the monster seats and dump the .406 club.

If you want to work together on any of these, it'd be great.

Hi Perry,

Just curious on how the installation of *61 went for you?

I know you and I have discussed before how you were far from being very computer savvy and really needed a fairly simple and straightforward installation process. So, I would think you would be a great test case on the value of this installation process for us.

I hope it went fairly well and you were able to get it done rather quickly without too many questions or concerns.

Also, and even more so, I truly hope you enjoy *61. We will continue to enhance it and would appreciate any suggestions you may have that would increase the fun of it all for you. Adding the Minors are not out of the question but we are balancing that idea against just adding other full Seasons such as '64 or '67. By the way a few of the teams already have the Minors such as NYY, CLV, MLW, CIN, WAS etc.

Of course we hope others would join us in adding other Full Season Mods. I only focus on the '60s because that is where my knowledge base is greatest as well as my enjoyment of that era.

I think Full Season Mods truly compliment our Total Classics project. Total Classics V6 should be very close to the finale for that original Total Classics version. But there are the Negro Leagues not far behind it seems - which should prove as exciting as any. So, I would think to continue the Total Classics phenomena via Full Season Mods would be the way to go from here. Your thoughts very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

just wanted to say that I'm through April in my dynasty and the game is fantastic! great work!

But there are the Negro Leagues not far behind it seems - which should prove as exciting as any.

there's going to be a Negro Leagues mod!! that's awesome! between this, the Negro leagues, and the coming release of '06 i'm not going to get anything done anymore! :D

Hi Perry,

Just curious on how the installation of *61 went for you?

I know you and I have discussed before how you were far from being very computer savvy and really needed a fairly simple and straightforward installation process. So, I would think you would be a great test case on the value of this installation process for us.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

I didn't have any problem with the down load because I recognized the "installer" from previous TC installation. But you are correct when you say that I am not very computer savvy and probably would have had to e-mail you for directions had I not remembered. I truley do like the installer (as you know I shied away from previous multi-step experimentation). I can not end this note without saying once again Thank You to you and the entire crew for the fantastic job you have done. :wtg: :hail:

What can I say? This is great.

Question about the flapless helmets. I haven't seen this yet. Are they only on certain players?

I'm working on a way to cut down on the divisional aspect. I went into team.dat and changed divisions on most teams. I was able to create an eight team American League, leaving the "hapless" Athletics and Angels to a one team division each (game balks when there are empty divisions). This recreated more of a historic pennant race. The only thing I didn't like was that the standings will only display six teams, so I put two more teams into other divisions and now have a six team division of the best teams of that year. Planning to chase those Yankees all summer! Any thoughts on this? It seems to work.

Stormin' Norman',

I think that is something very worthwhile to pursue.

I use the MVPSavReader reports so I can just sort all teams by wins in each league to see a true standings picture of an entire league.

But your approach sounds very appealing if it could be accomplished. Unfortunately, at this point anyway, we haven't figured out how to alter the playoff scheme which requires 4 teams from each league (3 divisional winners + WildCard) vying for the trip to the World Series.

Hory is our expert in that divisional realignment area.

The Flapless Helmets are implemented for every player on all 18 1961 teams in *61 along with the '62 Mets as well.

Hope you enjoy *61 & those Tigers always seem to eclipse the *61 Yanks in my replays ---- it typically is a 3 horse race between the CWS, DET & NYY ..... with the Tigers most often the victors !!! I think it has a lot to do with the forcing of a 5 man rotation setup which wasn't the real norm in those days ........

Take Care,

Don

Brian,

You have to use the 1961 version of the uniforms to see the flapless helmets.

We left a larger selection of uniforms in for each team with this *61 Mod due to just wanting to make them available for those that wished to play with some of the other uniforms besides just having the 1961 versions available.

But ALL 1961 version uniforms should have the Flapless Helmets in them. Let us know if you find otherwise.

Thanks Partner,

Don

Also worth noting is the recommendation of turning off Injuries & Call Ups during Dynasty Play to eliminate the problems that presents when not having fully accurate minors.

The DET, NYY, WAS, CLV, CIN & MLW teams should actually have the players in their AAA affilitates that were not part of the normal 25 man roster in the Majors but even those weren't tweaked to the extent the 25 man Major League rosters were for the 18 1961 Teams.

Creating fairly accurate Minors for all 18 1961 Teams was considered but due to wanting to release *61 in a timely fashion we foresaked that effort. We will see how this whole thing goes with *61 before we make a final determination on wheather to implement an accurate set of Minors for *61 or perhaps just move onto another Full Season Mod.

All thoughts on that subject are welcomed.

Thanks,

Don

Archived