Total Classics *61

Sandman

Ok, two things:

1). Bobby Darwin on the Angels has a 99 mile an hour slider that drops 12-6. I don't really think this was accurate, but I could be mistaken.

2). Is there any chance of a version 2 with some attempt at a contract system? It's great that we can play 1961, but I'd love to have contracts set so we can play a bunch of years.

I mean, is there a chance of signing everyone to 20 year contracts so no one ever goes to free agency?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, two things:

1). Bobby Darwin on the Angels has a 99 mile an hour slider that drops 12-6. I don't really think this was accurate, but I could be mistaken.

2). Is there any chance of a version 2 with some attempt at a contract system? It's great that we can play 1961, but I'd love to have contracts set so we can play a bunch of years.

I mean, is there a chance of signing everyone to 20 year contracts so no one ever goes to free agency?

both very good points. 12-6 Heated Slider is a little nuts.

Sean O,

Bobby Darwin is part of the Los Angeles Angels AAA Minor league roster. The *61 project did not focus on the Minor Leagues thus Bobby Darwin was not tweaked any further than he had been prior to the *61 project.

The Minor Leagues represented in the *61 project are actually just carry overs, in part, from the former roster set known as Early '60s Roster Set.

The reason Bobby Darwin has such amazing ratings is probably due to him only pitching 3 innings that year (which was 1962 actually not 1961) and striking out 6. The MVPEdit ratings formulas does factor in a pitchers strikeout ratio in determining how fast a pitcher throws.

I really appreciate your insight, which I fully agree with by the way, but this is not something we worked on in the first release of *61. I would suggest that you turn off injuries & call ups during Dynasty play to eliminate minor leaguers from making it to the Majors.

As far as the contract suggestion that is something we certainly will consider and should be a fairly easy thing to incorporate. I will keep you updated on that one.

Thanks so much Sean O for your interest in the Total Classics releases. It is because of people like you that we continue to enhance these releases and continue to consider additional ones as well.

Take Care,

Don

Hey folks-

I'm trying to think of a way to come up with a makeshift solution for the salary / free agency issue when playing a multi-year dynasty. I figure if I change the salaries to around $60m from the ~$30m, that will be roughly the same as what went on back then, with players unable to get to free agency unless the team just doesn't want to pay them. Does this seem about right, or am I missing some vital part of the business side from this time? I just know that I tried to rebuild the Red Sox by trading for younger players, and I could only resign one major player because of the contract cuts. Also, the free agency list had way, way too many great players on it.

Second, is there an easy way to change the salary of every team? As a stadium guy, I almost never deal with other in game things.

thanks.

Hey There Mr Sean O,

MVPEdit does allow Global Editing and has the fields for Contract Length & Contract Salary for each player. So, I think it would be a very simple change.

I don't have any experience with Multiple Year Dynasties so I know very little of how this stuff all works within the game itself but to change those two fields can be done very easily.

I appreciate you sharing your knowledge on things that could be changed to improve Multi Year Dynasties since I have no idea what those could be.

I do realize that more focus on the Minors League Roster could really help and that is something we are considering but it appears that creating additional Full Seasons might be taking the lead over that effort.

Thanks,

Don

davis25 & Sean O pondered a few posts back about a 61 version of Chi Wrigley Field. I checked the web and only found 2 photos of 60's Wrigley Field. It looks just like it does now, except for a few less ads :). I used to go to Cubs games when I lived near Chicago between 68 to 74. I was 9 to 13 back then, but all I can rember of ads at Wrigley Field, were a few Old Style and Bud signs near the concession area behind home. The current Wrigley Field in the game can be used, (with a few graphic upgrades), in any era from 1936 to now. :)

Sorry, should've phrased my question differently. Is there a way to easily adjust the team budgets for the entire league, rather than the individual salaries? I want to change the budget so it's at 50-60m rather than the 25ish we have now. I know how to use artmoney, so are all the budgets currently the same?

It should be possible just to edit a .sav file's info, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the courage up to d/l and try this mod, and I gotta say....I love it!

I'm probably going to leave the game in *61 mode and then swap rosters in and out of that if I want to play another era. (BTW, my 1955 roster looks right at home in this mod).

Which leads me to a couple of questions:

First, you don't appear to be using the latest version of Ebbetts Field - I think you might be a version behind (or it might be an entirely different version commissioned for this mod, I dunno). If I drag the latest version in, am I going to lose all the cool camera stuff (including the zoom shot that goes right out to the facade)?

Second, the '62 Red Sox home unis don't seem to have flapless helmets. I presume this was an oversight. (It was in that era when the Red Sox were easy to overlook..)

Third, is there a list someplace of the cybers you added (who they are and which slot they're in)? If I add some of my 90's cybers (so I can play in yet another era), I'd like to do so without overwriting anyone in this mod.

Once again, thank you very much for all your hard work. Everything is complete, from the menu music on in. (The bumper music between innings might be an early casualty, though. I'm thinking snippets of the guitar solo in "Green Onions" - even though that was actually 1962).

Hi Davidc,

Thanks for the compliments and we are happy you are enjoying *61.

1) Ebbets Field --- changing the version of Ebbets should cause no problems. And I think you are right on the backleveled version since I think we just basically used all Stadiums from the Total Classics 5 version and an I believe Ebbets update (or 2) have been released since then.

2) All the '61 Version of Uniforms have the Flapless helmets implemented along with the '62 Mets. No others were done.

3) We don't have a list of Cyberfaces used by player name. That is a very good suggestion and I wish we had done that. The *61 models.big cyberfaces just developed overtime and no tracking was done so although we will look into accomplishing such it may be a fairly difficult/impossible task to do it by player name. But we do have a fairly accurate folder of the images of the cyberfaces and the # assigned to them in a folder which we could possibly provide you.

4) The between inning music is the music we captured from the "Oldtime Baseball" game produced by Stormfront Studios similar to the Tony LaRussa Series in the early '80s. Not really '61 related but we just liked that game so much we thought we would try to keep it alive a little in our *61 mod.

5) We certainly would appreciate you sharing your '55 Roster Set with us. If you would send it to stecropper @ aol dot com ......... it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

• 2 months later...

I just downloaded TC *61 but when I try to install it, I get a run-time error 75 when installing the datafiles.

I'm not sure if this could be the cause:

I made a fresh install of MVP 2005 and also installed all of the patches. I then made several copies of the entire MVP 05 folder (one for TC 4, one for TC 5, and one for TC *61). The folders I copied are called TC 4, TC 5, & TC 1961. Could the fact that I renamed the folders have anything to do with it? I'm thinking maybe the installation program is looking for C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not going to say I'm entirely sure about this, but it seems to me that you should install *61, THEN rename your folder. I also have CD autoplay turned off so I can use a shortcut to point to the particular MVP folder I want to play.

I also wonder why you'd want both TC4 and TC5. I thought 5 was just a better version of 4?

• 1 month later...

Just installled TC61 and as I expected-it is excellent grade "A" work-right along with the TC 6!

I have one question: are there any stadium files that have been released that should be added/changed into TC 61, that arent in the download?

Now all I can wish for is a TC 55-so I can get the 55 Dodgers into a World Series again!

Just installled TC61 and as I expected-it is excellent grade "A" work-right along with the TC 6!

I have one question: are there any stadium files that have been released that should be added/changed into TC 61, that arent in the download?

Now all I can wish for is a TC 55-so I can get the 55 Dodgers into a World Series again!

TC61 was released at the beginning of May. Since then the following stadiums have been updated (or added):

Griffith Park

Cleveland Municipal

Classic Yankee Stadium

Crosley Field

Baltimore Memorial Stadium

KC Municipal

Candlestick Park

All of the updated files are in the TC6 release. KC Municipal and Candlestick Park were just added to the TC6 release, so if you add them To the TC *61, you will be able to use them, however, you won't see their names in the stadium select screens.

So I guess the easy way is to just copy my TC6 stadium folder and replace the stadium folder in TC61- that would work, right?

That would work (but backup your TC61 folder just in case you ever want to copy it back). You should also copy the stadiums.big file from your TC6 data frontend folder. This way you'll get the stadium select screens.

Some of the actual stadium names will not show up because those are in the .LOC files in the data folder, but you can't copy those over because those files also contain team names, etc. and the TC6 names don't match the TC61 team names. Let me know if you still have questions.

FYI - I got your PM. I'll send a response when I get a little more free time later.

• 8 months later...

I searched through the forums for an answer but nothing I read worked.

I downloaded *61 and TC 1967 and installed them with no problems. But, when I go to play them the game crashes at the loading screen on both.

I also downloaded the 1994 and 1978 conversions and have had no problem with them.

Any thoughts?

Ivanhoe,

Neither *61 or TC67 should have such a problem. Are you using a Laptop by chance? If so the Intro Movie with Mantle did cause some problems on laptops but the resolutions was to hit the ESC key prior to the intro movie finishing and all was OK there after.

When you say crashes at loading screen --- or you meaning when first loading the game at the very beginning of starting MVP 2005 or when you are fixing to enter an actuall game between two selected teams?

I'm on PC. I still have plenty of memory so thats not an issue.

On the *61 mod, I see the Ernie Banks screen and then the loading bar comes up. It makes it about 1/4 of the way from zero and then it crashes.

It's the same way on the 1967 mod,too.

Ivanhoe,

Not sure how I can help but I will suggest that you consider re-downloading them and try to install them again.

Hopefully you have them in their own separate Directories because each (being TC61*, TC67, TC78 & 1994) use separate files and in particular separate models.big files. But it does sound like you do have them in different directories since you do at least see Ernie Banks for 61* and on TC67 you should see a 1967 World Series Ring initial screen I think.

Have not heard from anyone else with this loading crash problem but I am certainly willing to discuss it over the phone with you in an effort to try and resolve or at least identify the potential problem you are having. If you care to talk through this over the phone then PM me here on mvpmods and I will give you my contact information.

Good Luck,

Don

Ivanhoe,

Not sure how I can help but I will suggest that you consider re-downloading them and try to install them again.

Hopefully you have them in their own separate Directories because each (being TC61*, TC67, TC78 & 1994) use separate files and in particular separate models.big files. But it does sound like you do have them in different directories since you do at least see Ernie Banks for 61* and on TC67 you should see a 1967 World Series Ring initial screen I think.

Have not heard from anyone else with this loading crash problem but I am certainly willing to discuss it over the phone with you in an effort to try and resolve or at least identify the potential problem you are having. If you care to talk through this over the phone then PM me here on mvpmods and I will give you my contact information.

Good Luck,

Don

Thanks for your response, I'll download it again. This is a really cool mod, great work.

• 1 month later...

Archived