Fenway Park 2.0 WIP - Night Version Complete!

The Big O

Well now that I've updated Oriole Park, I've decided to delay the Lauderdale mod and instead update my Fenway mod with the changes for the 2006 season. I will do my best to replicate all of the additional seating as well as the new ads. It seems that the Monster is now one giant billboard. I guess somebody's gotta pay for Manny's salary... Here's a preview pic of the extended scoreboard on the Monster.

fenway201.jpg

Stay tuned. :wink:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done some more work on this. I got some better pictures of the ads on both sides of home plate this year and I have begun work on the new seats underneath the pressbox. I've already added the new banners and Fenway Park sign. To add the new seating I will once again use the removable.o method. Hopefully I won't experience any crashes due to the cram32.fsh limitation. Anyway some more pics for your enjoyment...

fenway202.jpg

fenway203.jpg

I had an epiphany yesterday. I had never thought of taking the mstadium file for a stadium and copying it and using it as the removable file for the same one. It just makes perfect sense. No new .bmps need to be added so the cram32.fsh limitation crash shouldn't be a problem! (fingers crossed) :D Anyway this should speed things up quite nicely.

I do however have a few requests for pictures. I need close up, straight-on hi-res pics of each of the following:

-New backstop adholders

-Coca-Cola regular bottle only, not the Coca Cola Zero one

-New ads on the 1st base side facade (I think one of them is a Microsoft ad.)

The Monster is just about done, with all the ads added. I've actually got a lot of verts to play with so it is only a matter of how much space I have on the stcs.bmp that will limit what I can do. Here are more pics of my progress:

fenway204.jpg

fenway205.jpg

Big O, I love your current version and this one looks even better. Great work, man!

You're right about the Monster looking more and more like a billboard, but the graphics they've got up above the scoreboard that you've done look fantastic.

I'm wondering, the seating under the Dunkin Donuts sign is reserved for winners of some sort of Dunkin Donuts contest. NESN always points them out, a bunch of kids wearing white DD t-shirts. I'm wondering if it might be possible to make it so the fans under the sign are always wearing white. Just curious. I doubt you can control what each individual fan is wearing, but it was just a thought. :)

There's no real way for me to do an animated DD crowd, however a static one would be possible, but I don't think it would look as good. Anyway I thought I'd show one more pic before I sign off as I have finished the EMC club seating below the pressbox.

fenway206.jpg

I hope to get this thing out before the end of the month, but it all depends on my work schedule as things are about to get real busy for me. Thanks for all your comments!

Hey man, you've been doing (fantastic) stadium mods, so I figured I'd ask you this. When I play, (I have the 06 mod installed), and look at the stadium screens while I'm at bat, they seem to be messed up. It looks like they've got the batter information up there with a big space where their picture is supposed to go, but instead their pic is in the bottom right corner of the screen, looks like it's overlapping the actual information.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this? I can take a screenshot if you'd like...

Espithaca, if you mean the jumbotrons, they won't display the batter information and portrait with the 06 mod. I think Trues had some issues with this with his overlay which is used in the 06 mod.

As for the Stop N' Shop sign in CF, I am going to attempt to put the garage doors to their proper location, which would relocate the Stop N' Shop sign more toward the right, about where the area between the doors is now. I say "attempt" because the mapping of the wall graphic there is tricky and if it doesn't look good then I'll abandon it. Also the collision data would have to be altered and that is never easy. Right now I am concentrating on building the new Pavillion seats.

Well, work continues... It took awhile (6 hrs), but the third base line Pavillion seats have been created. I was pretty happy with the way they turned out. I couldn't get them entirely 100% acurate but I built a pretty decent representation. You can see a pic below:

fenway207.jpg

MH, The Getty sign I think you are refering to is actually a Gulf sign. It was in one of my pics that I posted but here's a better view:

fenway208.jpg

I still need those pics I requested earlier. The adholders seem to be the hardest to get pics of. If anybody can help me out send me a PM. Next up will be the first base side Pavillion seats. I also notice the way the Monster intersects the CF wall is incorrect, in reality the HR line should be more toward the left and not in line with the flagpole as well as the CF wall. I will attempt to correct this in this mod.

Archived