Fenway Park 2.0 WIP - Night Version Complete!

The Big O

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tarp rolls are just too hard to add, given the collison data and graphics that would have to be altered. There really isn't anything that similar in shape to use for a part and the combination of parts would be too complicated and time consuming. I want to concentrate on the major aspects, i.e. ads, stands, garage door placement, CF wall/Monster.

I haven't really set a timetable for this yet because I am really busy with work and the only real time I get to work on this thing is the weekend. I said the end of May was what I was shooting for but it will probably be later than that. I'll continue to provide updates on my progress.

It shouldn't be too hard to put them in. I'll see what I can do...

Here's a hint:

In the same way that you can replace the removable files, you can do the same with net.o. I'm pretty sure this is where the dugout screens are located in several stadiums (EA doesn't bother to only do things one way, sadly), and so you should be able to port them in pretty easily.

Or, barring that, just replace fenway's alphablend with fenway classic's alpha blend and create the screen around it.

Here's a hint:

In the same way that you can replace the removable files, you can do the same with net.o. I'm pretty sure this is where the dugout screens are located in several stadiums (EA doesn't bother to only do things one way, sadly), and so you should be able to port them in pretty easily.

Or, barring that, just replace fenway's alphablend with fenway classic's alpha blend and create the screen around it.

Chances are I'll make them just like the ones surrounding the dugout. I know they will be completely see through but I don't want to do too much with importing any more graphics into the cram32. It is almost at its limit sizewise for the day version and probably right at the limit for the night version.

The Big O; your work is surely sweat & sweet!

Whenever you release this new version it shall be greatly appreciated.

Hey; are those fans sitting at the new EMC club wearing the baseball gloves they were given on opening day? :lol:

I second what aknbean posted. Hey Pirate, your Chase Ballpark is really awesome as well. I would guess that is a fun park to do for you being in Phoenix.

How about an update of Angel Stadium. That one has been overlooked for some reason.

Well this mod is coming along slower than expected due to many things, my job, my wife and the combination of the two. I'm wiped out from my job at the end of the day and my wife wants me to spend every second I am not at work with her, so needless to say finding time for this thing has been tough...

However, the RF pavillion seats are 90% complete and I've added a little something extra you guys might like:

daycitgo.jpg

Yep, an animated Citgo sign for the dusk version, just one of the many things that are coming with this mod. :wink:

wow impressive a working citgo sign thats sick maybe to much to ask but is it possible for scoreboards to work

ex.

R H E

BOS 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3 0

NYY 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0

so that is would update as the game moves along

thanks for your effort in creating this stadium

Big O. If you have the time do you think you could make a grass changer with the grass you used for Fenway. There is one already made, so maybe it's just a matter of changing the grass. Don't know. Some of stadiums have the shimmering grass and I feel like my Cubbies are swimming.

Well I've accomplished a lot this weekend on this mod including the fixing of the CF wall which including moving the garage doors, and ads to a more realistic location. This was extremely time consuming and I almost gave up. The mapping was extremely nasty in OEdit for the CF wall but I was persistant and got a nice product. I was able to move the Stop and Shop sign more toward the right which is closer to its correct location so hopefully it will be easier to bat against LHPs. Here's a game screen below:

fenway210.jpg

I also moved the HR line and CF wall out to intersect the Monster where it should and changed the collision data. You can see this in this pic as well as a better view of the CF wall:

fenway209.jpg

Now I need your help. I need to know the following: how stable this thing is right now, how the Stop and Shop sign location is now for LHP and finally, how good the collison data is for the change I made to the CF wall intersecting the Monster. To do this I have uploaded a alpha of the dusk version (still more tweaks and cleanups but pretty close to final) and will give the link to the first 10 people that I get a PM from. I would prefer that you have the MVP06 beta mod installed just because that will test the mod with all the hi-res unis and cyberfaces.

Well four people took me up on my offer and from the feedback I can gather so far the stadium appears to be stable, easier to face LHPs in and the collision data for the Monster and CF wall appears to work, which is good news. Thanks again all of you who tested.

I've added the final details to the Pavillion seats on the RT side and have added the dugout screens. Once I get the pics I need I can finish up the day version and move on to the night. And I hope you guys aren't getting sick of pics cause here's one more:

fenway211.jpg

Archived