Will You *Celebrate* When Bonds Passes Ruth..

I could never understand that argument that Barry has yet to fail a drug test. My question is, what is there to fail when the substance Bonds is suspected of taking is a designer drug that's supposed to go undetected?

Yes , what if he's using HGH? According to Game of Shadows he would ensure that the drugs he took were undetectable. I believe Bonds was on the juice even though there is no positive test...there is way too much evidence that points to steroid use.

So , no , I will not celebrate Bonds passing Ruth. It is inevitable , though , but at least he won't pass Aaron. I would be 100 times more angrier than I am now if he became the illegitimate home run king.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes , what if he's using HGH? According to Game of Shadows he would ensure that the drugs he took were undetectable. I believe Bonds was on the juice even though there is no positive test...there is way too much evidence that points to steroid use.

So , no , I will not celebrate Bonds passing Ruth. It is inevitable , though , but at least he won't pass Aaron. I would be 100 times more angrier than I am now if he became the illegitimate home run king.

I understand both of your points of view, agree with the fact that there will always be undetectable "performance-enhancers", and realize that a lack of a positive test is only an indication, not a reprieve. However, my stance on the issue comes from the point of view that, if this was anyone else approaching the Babe and Aaron's famous mark, would this discussion be taking place? How about if it was Giambi? McGuire? Sosa? I don't believe it would be. I belive that if it was someone other than Barry, the majority would be celebrating the chase and not crucifying the man.

...and I'm not bringing up the race card here. It isn't because Barry is black...it's because he's an *** - and you have no argument from me there. But if anyone else was approaching the record, the story would be about history, and not about a man everyone loves to hate.

"1. He stated he has no intention of passing Aaron, just Ruth. Rascist? I don't know, it depends on how you look at it."

I found that very interesting myself. Reverse racism or is that Barry being Barry.............

No matter, this "record" is a farce and I'll never acknowledge it. Let the loons out in San Francisco rejoice. I don't think many other people will be.

Regards;

I have mixed feelings about the whole Bonds thing -- I just love the sport and I like the excitement that record breaking brings, ... however Bonds is not the most likeable guy out there. From everything I've heard and read is a complete ******* (if we were allowed to swear here other words would come out of my mouth).

On the other hand, nothing has been proven as far as all the steroid stuff goes. I do suspect that he used something, but I can't be sure of it. Not untill Bonds himself says (or his manager) that he did take steroids we'll never know for sure, unless someone comes up with proof that can be used in the court of law.

One part of me hopes that nobody will pitch to him anymore for the rest of the season or that all of the opposing players will turn their back as soon as he hits 714, and the other part of me hopes that he does hit it and we'll remember it as a very special day (in a positive way of course).

Maybe Ruth's sister will greet Barroids as he crosses homeplate after hitting #714.

Maybe not.

Take it for what it is, the man will hit over 714 homeruns for cryin out loud.

If he was on your hometeam, you all would be cheering for him.

Believe me, this means absolutely nothing. Even if he catches Aaron, Bonds records mean nothing. Hell, Bonds himself means absolutely nothing.

I could'nt agree more. With his supersized ego I just hope for the fan's sake that they can all fit into whatever stadium he plays in when it does happen so they don't have to watch it in the streets.

My question is... Will Bonds celebrate.

Btw... while it did not happen in the U.S. there is another player by the name of Sadaharu Oh who played for the Yomiuri Giants in Japan who also broke the record. In fact, by hitting 868 homeruns he hit even more than Hank Aaron did. So in fact whilst he did not do it in the U.S., he is in fact the true homerun king.

Excellent point.

Three cheers for Sadaharu.

The Bond's situation is very intersting and I have mixed feelings about it. I will not celebrate when he surpasses Ruth but I will definantly realize that I am watching a huge part of baseball history. The game has changed a lot today than what it was with Ruth.

To know just how revered Babe Ruth is in baseball history shows me just how great of a feat what Barry has accomplished is. His reputation is tarnished by the steroid controversy and I do not like him as a person at all. This will not take away the importance and greatness of his accomplishments though.

It really dosen't matter. Bonds cheated and thats the bottom line. Bonds is a real piece of crap. He does not belong in the HOF. After all, look what they did to poor ol' Pete Rose. All he did was gamble and he gets punished. Now that is bullsh*t!

i'll celebrate when every player on every single MLB team that has used steroids comes clean and/or is discovered. think hard about which player on your team has used the juice. or is it ok if they did because they aren't approaching any records?

i'll celebrate when every player on every single MLB team that has used steroids comes clean and/or is discovered. think hard about which player on your team has used the juice. or is it ok if they did because they aren't approaching any records

already happened somewhat, one of my favorite players of all time Palmeiro was caught and he is no longer playing. i think bonds wouldve been caught as well. but id imagine the commish bud selig would make sure that didnt happen because surely is making alot of money off this.

i'll celebrate when every player on every single MLB team that has used steroids comes clean and/or is discovered. think hard about which player on your team has used the juice. or is it ok if they did because they aren't approaching any records

already happened somewhat, one of my favorite players of all time Palmeiro was caught and he is no longer playing. i think bonds wouldve been caught as well. but id imagine the commish bud selig would make sure that didnt happen because surely is making alot of money off this.

really? you think all the players came clean or got caught? mainly minor leaguers and a few big name mlb'ers. i can list a few starters for a few clubs that i would suspect that haven't been named.

estimates say 40 - 60% have used them. yet i don't see that many being singled out.

what's selig going to gain? he already announced the milestones would not be aknowledged for now.

the point of my original statement was this:

let's say 40% of the ball players use or did use steroids. hell- let's say just 20%. that would be 1 out of 5 players used/ are using. that would mean that roughly 5-6 players on every team A-MLB did/does steroids. spread that out over all the teams and what you get is a number of players on every team from the lowest minor league level to the MLB that has used them.

the point is- that no matter who you root for - YOUR team inevitably has a few guys that use(d) steroids maybe even your favorite player.

i think given that fact -it's stupid to see all the barry bashing - when in reality it's going on in your own back yard. especially fans of certain teams here that have had one or two players ADMIT to using.

the only difference is that he is approaching a milestone and that he is not a media darling.

what would you say if say it was discovered that say Jeff Bagwell used steroids to play through his deteriorating shoulder problem and that now after tesing was implemented his career essentially ended?

would everyone be bashing him? if so fine. but, if not -why not?

RAM, not to critique or bash your opinion, but who do you suspect of taking steroids? im not pointing fingers but jason varitek looks a lot slimmer this year...

living in texas for so long and seeing or hearing about these guys constantly - bagwell and clemens (bring on the bash session).

bagwell to me a little more obvious- he could barely throw the ball from first to home plate. it would have to have an effect on his swing and be painful and he played a long time somehow with the porblem. then suddenly after the big steroid testing announcement before last season he played a bit then was shelved. in spring training i believe the astros were begging him to retire.i have no clue what's going on with him now... reminds me a bit of brett boone.

clemens has been talked about before.

Archived