Will You *Celebrate* When Bonds Passes Ruth..

your opinion of bags brings up a good point. im not gonna bash your opinion of clemens, it has passed my mind. but after seeing a show on what his workout was like, im leaning towards that workout being the main reason he has maintained his shape. but you never know...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bonds has a pretty hardcore workout regiment too. and physically they've progressed a lot alike- gotten bigger everywhere including the face. they've also both gotten stronger as they aged it seems. i mean i'm not saying i'm right about anything i'm just saying there a similarities. obviously barry is hobbled for now and i'm NOT saying he didn't do steroids even though i'm a diehard giants fan. i've slowly gone from complete denial to admitting to the fact that he probably did.

what i get tired of is the bonds bashing when in reality you could go into any MLB locker room and spit in any direction and you have a rally damn good chance of hitting a player who has used steroids. people need to quit bashing barry because they think he's a bad guy, or whatever. it's not about that or about him doing steroids and chasing a milestone. every team has an asshole player on it. it's about the fact that every team in the league has their share of cheaters. people need to realize that instead of only seeing what the media reports.

honestly, i dont care if they ban everyone from taking steroids. good riddance to bonds, sheffield, and giambi. i am more offended by bonds' use because he is approaching aaron's record (notice i didnt say ruth, he doesn't have the record) and he has the single season record.

I find it quite amusing how all of you seem to think that Bonds has been proven guilty to taking steroids, when in truth you all need to give your heads a shake. He, for one, has always been a very good hitter, and believe it or not, at one point was a good runner and fielder, so I dont think anything should be taken away from him. Second point, he has not been proven guilty of using steroids. I don't think he will be either. Well thats my two cents.

Oh, and I wont celebrate.. honestly, does anyone celebrate these things? Maybe I'd celebrate a World Cup win, or Stanley Cup, or World Series, but some HR record? Lets just say that its not something I'd get my buddies together for.

IF he doesnt get busted (highly unlikely) it is because the steroids he took didnt have a test for them. a grand jury testimony that was leaked included bonds admitting to using steroids, but he didnt know they were. even though he is full of it, he still admitted it. and his girlfriend has recorded phone messages about him talking to her about steroids.

Archived