How Is My Dynasty Doing? Scale of 1 to 5  

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - Perfect
    • 2 - Great, needs a few more touches
    • 3 - Not bad
    • 4 - Pretty Bad, fix some things up

yankeesdynastyheadline4hs.jpg

Hey guys, I am back and since I deleted my last dynasty and then I changed my mind on this whole thing, I am making a new Yankee Dynasty. No, I will not be playing every game. I will play one game out of every three games, likely with either one of my best pitchers or against one of theirs.

Here are some options and sliders I have set, more will come as time goes by and I make more realistic adjustments. I play as realistic as possible.

Various Options:

Difficulty Level: MVP

Fielding: MVP

No Strike Zone

No Hot/Cold Zones

Variable Strike Zone: On

Ump Blown Calls: On (very realistic in this category lol)

Mods:

MVP 06 Livin' Large Mod Beta Release

Totte's Ultimate Rosters version 6.5 Standard Edition

True's YES Network Overlay

New Busch Stadium (Don't think this will affect the game much when I'm the Yankees)

Sliders: (I pitch horrible with the new meter)

Pitch Meter Difficulty: +50

Pitch Speed: +30

User Pitch Control: +50

CPU Pitch Control: +20 (I walk too much, around 10 times a game)

User Fatigue: -30

User Steal Delay: -10

CPU has no steal delay sliders because they already get good jumps

CPU Steal Rate: +50

User Throw Strength: +20*

CPU Throw Strength: +20*

User Baserunning Speed: +20*

CPU Baserunning Speed: +20*

User Steal Speed: +20*

CPU Steal Speed: +20*

*The outfield arms are horrible so I had to raise all of these to keep it equal.

The lineups and final touches (settings, sliders, etc.) will be posted most likely tomorrow morning, because I am on another computer in my house and this one doesn't have MVP installed and the other computer is off limits right now. Having three brothers and parents who do a lot of work on the computer make it hard to get time in lol.

Here is the standard Yankee lineup, they are the same regardless of lefty or righty pitchers.

yankeelineup9qb.jpg

Here is the Yankees pitching rotation.

yankeerotation6za.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd say put giambi ahead of a-rod, then matsui, sheff and cano. the reason i say this is because it worked out great for me because i get to see a lotta pitches with giambi and he's constantly on base. and make sure u bat bernie last. lol. wat i did in my dynasty was put bubba to play right against righties with sheff as DH, and vs lefties i have had phillips playing 1st while giambi dh'ed. but that's just my opinion.

yeah i know, unfortunately EA gave him more credit than he deserves..i play the PS2 version until they release the final 06 mod, and i'm debating whether to edit his rating down because i hate his guts. I'm in the world series right now in my first year..against the Reds..crazy..i had to win 2 out of the last 3 games against the red sox to win the division..then i was down 2 games to none in the ALCS to the red sox, but won 4 games in a row...i traded a couple times, and although i can't remember exactly who for what, the combination was basically Randy Johnson, Giambi, Villone, and Phillips for Dontrelle Willis and Albert Pujols..i also traded Wang for Papelbon..I want him back now, but when i had him, his era was terrible and everyone lit him up.

yankeesdynastyheadline7jq.jpg

April 3rd, 2006

New York Yankees (0-0) vs. Oakland Athletics (0-0)

Here is the scouting report for the Oakland A’s:

scoutingreportapril31eh.jpg

randyjohnsonportrait3cs.jpg barryzitoportrait5ar.jpg

A-Rod’s extra inning heroics clinch opening game

Opening Day 2006 ended on a good note for the Yankees, as they won a 10 inning game against the Oakland A’s by a score of 3-2. Alex Rodriguez had four hits in his five at bats, including a solo shot in the tenth off Oakland closer Huston Street (0-1) with one out and nobody on.

Randy Johnson earned the win (1-0) by going 9 innings, allowing two runs on seven hits, striking out two. Kyle Farnsworth only faced one batter and allowed him to reach base in the form of a single while Mariano Rivera was warming up. After the hit, he came in immediately and make a shaky save for his first of the year.

The Yankees got on the board first after Alex Rodriguez led off with a single and stealing second base. He would move to third on a wild pickoff attempt by Zito and scored on Jorge Posada’s sacrifice fly to take a 1-0 lead.

In the fourth, New York loaded the bases on singles by Rodriguez, Sheffield, and Posada with only one out. Then Zito settled down and retired Bernie Williams and Robinson Cano to end the threat with no damage done.

In the bottom of the same frame, Mark Kotsay ruined Johnson’s perfecto after taking a full count fastball into the left center gap, earning a triple. Bobby Crosby took the next pitch deep to left field, which would have been a double or more, but Hideki Matsui made a leaping grab to discourage it. Kotsay scored however to tie the game.

hidekimatsui3dt.jpg

Hideki Matsui robs an extra base hit off the wall, but a run scores on the sac fly to tie the game at 1.

The Yankees came back with another run in the fifth inning when Derek Jeter took a 0-1 offering down the left field line and over the fence to give his team a 2-1 lead with his clutch hitting. That would be Zito’s last run as he retired 8 of the next nine hitters he faced to end his outing.

derekjeter6yx.jpg

Derek Jeter’s clutch home run gives the Yankees a 2-1 lead in the fifth.

The bottom of the fifth could have been big for the A’s when Milton Bradley led off with a single. Dan Johnson tried to bunt him over but one of his attempts went straight back. Jorge Posada jumped immediately and snared it to retire him. The inning ended with no damage.

jorgeposada8uf.jpg

Jorge Posada makes a beautiful catch behind the plate, after Dan Johnson tried to bunt a runner over.

The game was tied up in the seventh inning, when Eric Chavez singled and stole second. After Frank Thomas worked a 2-1 count, A’s manager Ken Macha went with a hit and run. It worked as Thomas’ single allowed Chavez to score and tie the game at 2.

The game went without a run until the tenth inning. Huston Street was in his second inning of work after striking out the side in the ninth. He popped up Jason Giambi, and got a first pitch strike on Alex Rodriguez. But then a fat fastball was left over the heart of the plate as Alex Rodriguez made him pay with a mammoth shot to left center field to give New York a 3-2 lead.

alexrodriguez5gc.jpg

Alex Rodriguez sends this Huston Street fastball packing, giving the Yankees a 3-2 lead in the tenth inning.

Kyle Farnsworth took over in the tenth, but allowed a leadoff single to Dan Johnson. Joe Torre jogged out and removed him fast. Mariano Rivera retired Kendall on a force out, and then Nick Swisher singled to put men at the corners. Mark Ellis took a check swing at a 96 mph cutter and popped it up to first. Mark Kotsay then worked the two out count full and hit a grounder to deep short. Derek Jeter made a tough throw, and Kotsay was barely beaten out by the throw to end the game with the win intact.

derekjeter20ut.jpg

Derek Jeter’s off balance throw barely nabs Mark Kotsay to win the game 3-2. There were runners on the corners, and beating the throw would have tied the game.

boxscoreapril3rd0gx.jpg

Damon 1-5, SB (1)

Rodriguez 4-5, HR (1), RBI (1), SB (1)

Posada 1-3, RBI (1)

boxscoreapril3rd25ta.jpg

Chavez 2-4, 2B (1)

Swisher 2-4

boxscoreapril3rd35gv.jpg

boxscoreapril3rd48in.jpg

boxscoreapril3rd56hn.jpg

Oakland A’s Injury Update: Bad news has come for the A’s as Jay Payton has sustained a torn left shoulder muscle and will be out for what is likely the entire season. He was injured while breaking up a double play.

Tomorrow, the second game of the season will see Mike Mussina and Rich Harden making their 2006 debuts on YES. The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 pm.

April 4th, 2006

New York Yankees (1-0) vs. Oakland Athletics (0-1)

mikemussinaportrait8qm.jpg richhardenportrait4sp.jpg

Oakland bats fire up to even series

Today the Oakland A’s bounced back from a disappointing loss against the New York Yankees by winning by a score of 5-3. The bat that led the way was Mark Kotsay, who went 2 for 5 with an RBI double, a solo homer, totaling 2 RBI. Bobby Crosby also added three hits and other runs came from Milton Bradley, Eric Chavez, and Frank Thomas. The Yankees had their share of offense, as Alex Rodriguez added another hit and two RBI, both coming in the fourth inning. Robinson Cano also smacked his first dinger of the year to lead off the eighth. For the Yankees, Mike Mussina (0-1) had a quality outing, going 6.1 innings and allowing three runs on six hits, walking three and striking out four. But Rich Harden did one better than Moose, going almost all the way with 8.1 innings of three run ball on five hits, walked four and fanned five. Justin Duscherer came in to shut down the final two hitters to earn the save (closer Huston Street got the day off after two innings of work yesterday).

boxscoreapril4th4gu.jpg

Rodriguez 1-4, 2RBI (3)

Cano 1-3, HR (1), RBI( 1)

boxscoreapril4th24cg.jpg

Kotsay 2-5, 2B, HR (1), 2RBI (2)

Crosby 3-4, 2B

boxscoreapril4th39ax.jpg

boxscoreapril4th43qs.jpg

boxscoreapril4th59tz.jpg

The series finale is tomorrow night. Shawn Chacon will toe the rubber against Joe Kennedy at 7:05 to win the series in this rubber match. The game will be aired on YES.

April 5th, 2006

New York Yankees (1-1) vs. Oakland Athletics (1-1)

shawnchaconportrait2gu.jpg joekennedyportrait3dr.jpg

A-Rod’s hot bat helps Yanks take series

The New York Yankees once again rode the bat of Alex Rodriguez, who added another home run, this time a two run shot in the first, to lead the way to a 5-3 victory over the Oakland A’s. Alex was 2-3 with a double as well. Not only was the offense clicking, with Gary Sheffield notching two hits and his first RBI of the year, but Shawn Chacon (1-0) turned in a solid outing to earn the win. He went 7.1 innings, giving up just two runs despite 10 hits, striking out five and only walking one.

A’s starter Joe Kennedy (0-1) got the short end of the stick, just lasting 5.1 innings, allowing four runs on only five hits, walking four and fanning four Bronx Bombers. Mark Kotsay was yet a solid bat again, adding two hits and his third RBI of the season. Marco Scutaro had only one hit but it was an RBI triple in the seventh and added an RBI groundout in the ninth off Mariano Rivera (IP, H, ER, K, 2nd save).

boxscoreapril5th4pt.jpg

Rodriguez 2-3 2B, HR (2), 2RBI (5)

Sheffield 2-4, 2B, RBI (1)

boxscoreapril5th25fa.jpg

Kotsay 2-4 RBI (3)

Scutaro 1-4 3B, 2RBI (2)

boxscoreapril5th39ns.jpg

boxscoreapril5th47xw.jpg

boxscoreapril5th52nv.jpg

The Yankees take a day off before finishing their West Coast trip with a three game set against the Los Angelos Angels of Anaheim. Chien-Ming Wang starts against Kelvim Escobar at a starting time of 7:05pm on WWOR9.

thanks for the comments. i wish there were more so i know how to make it a better dynasty for the rest of you guys. and the recap doesnt bother me much because i save all of these write-ups so i know if im missing something.

Archived