D-Unit

How Is My Dynasty Doing? Scale of 1 to 5  

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - Perfect
    • 2 - Great, needs a few more touches
    • 3 - Not bad
    • 4 - Pretty Bad, fix some things up

today i will try playing with the high res graphics and the clear spots to let you guys see which one is better for you guys to look at...im starting the game in a little bit so expect an update in a few hours...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yankeesdynastyheadline7jq.jpg

April 11th, 2006

New York Yankees (4-2) vs. Kansas City Royals (0-5)

Here are the Royals’ probable starters for the first two games of the series:

scoutingreportapril114aw.jpg

zachgreinkeportrait1uc.jpg mikemussinaportrait2sx.jpg

Yankees pound Royals in home opener

Alex Rodriguez had his sweet stroke intact, as a home run and another hit led to 3 runs driven in New York’s 9-4 victory over the struggling Kansas City Royals in an impressive 2006 home opener.

Mike Mussina (1-1) evened his season record by allowing three hits and three runs in 6.1 innings, walking two without fanning a Royal. Kyle Farnsworth worked an inning and two thirds before Scott Proctor stifled Kansas in a scoreless ninth.

The Yankee offense clicked on all cylinders, as Derek Jeter had three hits, bringing his average up well over 100 points and stealing three bases. The runs scored inflated the ERA of Zach Greinke (0-1), as he took the loss in only 3.1 innings pitched, surrendering six earned runs on seven hits, though walking five he also fanned the same number. Bobby Madritsch pitched the remainder, allowing three more runs on seven hits with 4 K’s.

robinsoncano22ls.jpg

Robinson Cano lines a 2-0 curveball right up the middle, scoring Hideki Matsui to take a 2-1 lead.

garysheffield5fk.jpg

Gary Sheffield only makes matters worse, as he takes Bobby Madritsch deep to left for the 7-1 lead.

robinsoncano31tp.jpg

Robinson Cano continues to contribute to the team, as the middle man of a 5-4-3 countdown double play to end the inning.

alexrodriguez26qv.jpg

Alex Rodriguez can’t help but slaughter this fat changeup left over the plate, a solo shot in the eighth.

boxscoreapril11th0up.jpg

Mientkiewicz 1-3, 2RBI (2), 2B (2)

boxscoreapril11th25ou.jpg

Jeter 3-4, RBI (3), 3SB (4)

Rodriguez 2-4, HR (3), 3RBI (8)

Cano 2-3, RBI (2)

boxscoreapril11th38zg.jpg

boxscoreapril11th44qd.jpg

The second game of the three game series will feature Shawn Chacon (1-0, 2.46) looking for his second win against Runelvys Hernandez at 1pm on YES.

April 12th, 2006

New York Yankees (5-2) vs. Kansas City Royals (0-6)

runelvyshernandezportrait0os.jpg shawnchaconportrait5hn.jpg

Pre-Game Side Notes: Derek Jeter is hitting .444 vs. lefties this year, but only .158 against righties. Starter Mike Mussina is the only Yankee that has allowed a home run this year.

------------------------------------------------------------------

- Yankees dominate Royals to win series -

------------------------------------------------------------------

The New York Yankees are setting up the brooms, taking the second game of the series against the winless Kansas City Royals with a 10-4 pouncing at Yankee Stadium. Robinson Cano led the way with two hits, both doubles, and three RBI at the number nine spot. Bernie Williams also doubled twice and drove in his first run of the season. And Derek Jeter only had one hit (1-3) but it was a double that brought in two runs along with flashing the leather in the second inning to declare he had a good game. Gary Sheffield went deep for the second game in a row in the ninth inning.

Shawn Chacon (ND) had a quality start, going 6.1 innings, allowing three runs on seven hits, walking two and fanning five men. The man in his relief, Ron Villone (1-0) picked up the win in his inning of work. He allowed three hits and a run to score. Kyle Farnsworth and Matt Smith (major league debut) combined to shut out the Royals for the rest of the day.

Runelvys Hernandez (0-1) got the short end of the stick, and was charged with five runs on seven hits in the same amount of work as Chacon, walking five and striking out six. The relief was no better, as five more runs scored after Hernandez left the game.

The Royals had an early lead when in the first, Reggie Sanders grounded out to short deep enough to score Mark Grudzielanek who singled with one out. Two innings later, he launched a two run shot off Chacon, his second of the year, staking the Royals to a 3-0 lead. In that bottom frame the Bombers came up swinging, benefiting from an RBI double by Robinson Cano and an RBI single from Johnny Damon to cut the lead to 3-2.

The game was scoreless for three more innings, but the Yankees exploded to take the lead in the seventh when two straight walks to Posada and Cano led to Robinson Cano’s second RBI double of the night to tie the game. One out later, Derek Jeter doubled in two more runs to take a 5-3 lead.

The eighth got scary as Ron Villone let a run score and had two on and one out, the score now 5-4 thanks to Jon Buck’s RBI groundout. Set-up man Kyle Farnsworth got Angel Berroa to hit into a 6-6-3 double play to end the threat and kill the Kansas City momentum.

The bottom of the eighth was an offensive burst with Gary Sheffield rocketing the first pitch of the frame over the center field wall. Hideki Matsui doubled, Jorge Posada walked, and then Bernie Williams doubled in Hideki for a 7-3 lead. Robinson Cano made the first out of the inning with an RBI grounder to second, and then with two outs Jason Giambi singled in one more run. Alex Rodriguez walked and Gary Sheffield reached safely on an E5 for the final run.

boxscoreapril12th1xl.jpg

Batting:

2B: Sweeney (2), Mientkiewicz (3)

HR: Sanders (3)

RBI: Sanders 3(5), Buck (4)

Fielding:

E: Teahen (1)

boxscoreapril12th24nd.jpg

Batting:

2B: Jeter (2), Matsui (2), Williams 2 (2), Cano 2( 4)

HR: Sheffield (2)

RBI: Damon (2), Jeter 2 (5), Giambi (4), Sheffield (4), Williams (1), Cano 3 (5)

Baserunning:

CS: Damon (2)

I accidentally skipped the pitching screens, I don’t know how I ruined that.

The series will conclude with lefty Jeremy Affeldt (0-1, 6.75) facing Chien-Ming Wang (0-1, 3.86) at 1pm on YES.

April 14th, 2006

New York Yankees (6-3) vs. Minnesota Twins (2-7)

Here is the Twins’ scouting report:

scoutingreportapril142nd.jpg

jaretwrightportrait5qw.jpg franciscolirianoportrait2rq.jpg

Damon powers Yanks over Twins

Players Of The Game:

Johnny Damon 2-4, HR, 3 RBI

Hideki Matsui 2-4, RBI, 2 OF Assists

jorgeposada36mw.jpg

Jorge Posada couldn’t block the plate, but he applied the tag in time to get the out and save a run.

johnnydamon5hi.jpg

Johnny Damon absolutely obliterates this baseball, drilling it into the deepest part of the stadium in the very last row. This two run shot is Damon’s first homer of the year.

Scoring Story:

Bot 1st: Justin Morneau RBI single. MIN 1-0

Top 4th: Gary Sheffield RBI Sacrifice Fly. TIE 1-1

Top 5th: Bernie Williams RBI double. NYY 2-1

Johnny Damon RBI single. NYY 3-1

Gary Sheffield RBI walk. NYY 4-1

Jason Giambi RBI walk. NYY 5-1

Alex Rodriguez RBI Sacrifice Fly. NYY 6-1

Hideki Matsui RBI single. NYY 7-1

Bot 8th: Justin Morneau RBI single. NYY 7-2

Top 9th: Johnny Damon 2 run home run. NYY 9-2

boxscoreapril14th2dk.jpg

Batting:

2B: Williams (3)

HR: Damon (1)

RBI: Damon 3 (5), Sheffield 2 (7), Giambi (5), Rodriguez (9), Matsui (2), Williams (2)

SF: Sheffield (2), Rodriguez (2)

boxscoreapril14th28wp.jpg

Batting:

3B: Castillo (1), White (1)

RBI: Morneau (4), White (1)

Baserunning:

CS: Ford (1)

boxscoreapril14th35wl.jpg

boxscoreapril14th49ji.jpg

INJURY UPDATE:

Justin Morneau fractured his arm while breaking up a double play. He is estimated to be out for 40 days. He has been placed on the 15 day DL for now.

Tomorrow will be a matchup of aces, as Randy Johnson (2-0, 1.13) will toe the rubber against fellow former Cy Young winner Johan Santana (1-1, 2.20). The pitcher’s classic will begin at 6:10pm on YES.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I just accidentally deleted the Yankees dynasty! ****! I made a second dynasty to see what changes were made with the Tywiggins schedule updater and saved it as an alternate file. Then I wanted to delete it, and I named them similar dynasties, and I deleted the wrong file. I am so unlucky it isn't even funny. I don't know what to do right now..................................is it worth restarting?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I just accidentally deleted the Yankees dynasty! ****! I made a second dynasty to see what changes were made with the Tywiggins schedule updater and saved it as an alternate file. Then I wanted to delete it, and I named them similar dynasties, and I deleted the wrong file. I am so unlucky it isn't even funny. I don't know what to do right now..................................is it worth restarting?

Is that an official press release from the Yankees front office? ;)

2 things:

Delete from Windows, not from MVP. Do that and the file will go to the Recycle Bin and you can restore it.

You should try to find one of those recovery programs that can recover "deleted" files in Windows. I use one created by Symantec that comes with Norton Systemworks, named UnErase.

Good luck in your next new dynasty. :)

Archived