kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joey, I wasn't slamming you, I was just remembering a simpler, more relaxed time in my life.. Oh, to be young again is not, by far, an insult.

No no, I didn't take it personal. Oh yes, being thirteen is awesome. Probably the best time of my life, but still, this right here is the pure essence of life:

Remember when...

Getting high meant swinging at the playground

The worst thing you could get from girls was cooties

Your worst enemies were your siblings

Race issues were who ran the fastest

War was a card game

The only drug you knew of was cough medicine

The only thing you smoked was the tires on your bike

The only thing that hurt was skinned knees

The only things that can get broken were your toys

Life was simple and care free

But what I remember the most

Was wanting to grow up.

It's so true and really sums up a lot of good and bad feelings.

:offtopic: Sorry KG, going off topic there, so now

:ontopic: I am in year three with each team in Owner Mode, still no problems. :w00t:

Hey KG, will you check out the Orioles, cause I'm getting that null thing whenever I export form MVPedit. It involves Millar and Patterson not being in the lineup. I can't find a problem because they are fine in MVPedit, but in the game they are messed up and the Orioles have that null position in the batting order. Thanks.

Hey KG, will you check out the Orioles, cause I'm getting that null thing whenever I export form MVPedit. It involves Millar and Patterson not being in the lineup. I can't find a problem because they are fine in MVPedit, but in the game they are messed up and the Orioles have that null position in the batting order. Thanks.

The rosters in the MVPEdit are messed up...you have to put them in their positions or the game reads it as a null position cause it doesn't know what positions are empty.

I noticed that problem right away and fixed it. The batters were listed 2,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 instead of 1-9 for some reason, causing a crash. All fixed. I still don't have DSL yet, but should in a couple days. I guess no tester has had any problems with Owner Mode, which is good news. Since I would never do Owner Mode, I don't care that it crashes for me. I've been playing a DBacks dynasty and am in the middle of June with absolutely no problems. If all testers continue to have no problems, the final release should be shortly after I get DSL back. It looks like teams have started their offseason moves, so I'll have to release a lot of players. Keep me posted on your testing, guys.

I got DSL back today so the final release will be in a few days. I have a few more portraits to do, along with updating all the waiver claims and releasing of players that's been going on lately. It looks like some A teams will not have the full 25 man roster which shouldn't be a big problem.

With all these teams releasing players in preparation for the offseason, many teams are not going to have 25 man rosters. Since teams like Pawtucket basically released half their roster, it's impossible for them to have 25 players. I'm not going to move guys up a level to compensate because it wouldn't be very accurate then. A few A teams will have 22-24 players as well, but that should be fine.

Before you drop players.....Alot of people will use this for dynasty....leave the rosters full. Make G.M.'s either gain or have to take a hit on bankroll if they want to add to their roster. Don't make it easy to peel off crap and get a player of value, with not having to deal with the "lacking" players salary. If this is a 2006 roster, make people deal with their Team as it Begins. If I had my way, roster personnel would be opening day rosters. But I'm glad that you are as thorough as you are. AS far as beta goes, the only problem I'm having is the runner leading off of second has no face. I'm sure I'm missing something there. People.....clue me in.

If that's the only problem you can come up with (which isn't even related to the roster), I'm in good shape.

Too late for dropping players. All players that were released within the last week are now free agents, and I've replaced them in the rosters with minor leaguers. There are pluses and minuses to that. It's bad that a lot of teams lost decent talent in MLB and AAA, but it's good because rosters for each team are much more accurate because there aren't as many players on each roster anymore. Many minor league teams carried more than 25 players on a team, and I had to move some players down a level. Now that's not a problem, for the most part.

The good thing about an Opening Day roster is that you wouldn't have to make any updates to it. I'll consider putting together one during downtime in the offseason. I don't play Madden so I've got some spare time. ;)

If that's the only problem you can come up with (which isn't even related to the roster), I'm in good shape.

Too late for dropping players. All players that were released within the last week are now free agents, and I've replaced them in the rosters with minor leaguers. There are pluses and minuses to that. It's bad that a lot of teams lost decent talent in MLB and AAA, but it's good because rosters for each team are much more accurate because there aren't as many players on each roster anymore. Many minor league teams carried more than 25 players on a team, and I had to move some players down a level. Now that's not a problem, for the most part.

The good thing about an Opening Day roster is that you wouldn't have to make any updates to it. I'll consider putting together one during downtime in the offseason. I don't play Madden so I've got some spare time. ;)

Hey can i be a tester? please

I'm blown away that you would do a roster for opening day. That's great. I would like to have an opening day roster for 2006, though. New ownership took over in Cinci and the outlook is very good.....This guy, Castellini, his father owned the team just prior to The Big Red Machine. He has history, and he isn't screwing around. So, therefore, 2006 marks a significant time period in this organization.......There are opening day rosters for 2006, but they have ratings not based on how the players did this year. That is why I am so high on your roster. You are taking the best of both worlds, ratings & Compete rosters, and putting them together.....something I wanted to do with UR & Soriano, but U.R.'s creator said 'no'.

Archived