kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is someone going to converted these to Xbox. It would be very much appreciated. You are the man KG, these may be the best rosters on the web when they come out. (Especially if there on xbox!!)

KG, I have a few informal requests and musings. Nothing like a demand or any of that nonsense, but just things I've noticed in different rosters I've tried out that I've taken issue with. Take them as you will; I tried to be humorous, but I'm a Math teacher, so you can imagine the difficulty ;).

Please ensure that both Aubry Huff and Adrian Beltre are both on the cusp of stinking. Both are living off the past, with horrible 2005 campaigns, and even worse 2006 starts. Right now, they are getting all their love off past achievements and name recognition.

Barry Bonds and Frank Thomas should have a Speed Rating somewhere along the lines of -38, heheh. Watching these guys hobble down the basepaths, needing what would be a double for any other player, just in order to reach first base is painful.

Joey Gathright, Jose Reyes, and Ryan Freel are, the 3 fastest players in the league. Maybe not the greatest base stealers quite yet, but in terms of legs, these 3 reign supreme.

Jon Lieber is a bum. He's the 3rd or 4th best SP on his own team.

Billy Wagner has been mixing both a Curveball and a Changeup this season in with his standard 4-seamer and Slider.

2006 Oliver Perez is nothing like 2004 Oliver Perez. That Cy Young candidate we once saw was actually an alien that overtook Ollie's body, and has since clearly left for greener pastures.

Hanley Ramirez = Stud in the making

Whatever you make Bonds and Big Hurt's Speed rating, make that Kerry Wood's & Ben Sheets' Injury Ratings. A negative number would be perfect.

Nobody ever told Richie Sexson exactly what the strike zone was.

Felix Hernandez apparently ain't all that yet.

Roy Oswalt's K rate has plummetted each of the last 3 seasons. Just something to consider.

I agree with all of those. Excellent finds and things that should be added. I would be happy to donate to you kg, once the roster is done. Let me know what the pay-pal is for you. I'm sure there are others who would donate to you, bes ure to post one in the thread.

Thanks bighort; I agreed with everything you said. I imagine my rosters will reflect a majority of the things you said. I doubt I'll give Wagner a curveball or change; the fastball and slider are his bread and butter. Thanks for your input! :)

Hey KG, just wanted to give you a shout. I am going to be keeping my eye on this and giving you little bits whenever I can. Problem is, while I am a baseball fan it's strictly Phils, so alot of my tips will prob be all about the boys in Big P (& the teams they're playing, of course!)

tips off the top of my head:

Prince Fielder is no slouch on the basepaths. He has 3 or 4 steals already this year. 73-76 spd?

Abreu won a gold glove last year but his range really isn't all that great.

Shane Victorino is deceptively quick. I'd say anywhere from a 87 to 90 though he doesn't steal very often. He's a quality contact hitter as well.

Watch Rollins. Don't have his 38 game streak in your head when you do his stats. He has quickly regressed to his earlier form. Low contact, lots of pop-ups.

Geoff Geary is a very solid reliever who can hit 94-95 mph.

That's all for now..

Hey, any help is good help! Glad you're willing to share some info! :D I'm going to make a Word document of all the suggestions and go through it when I begin editing players, so get me all the info you can, and that includes everyone!

Anyways, here's the Rockies

Deleted:

C Rick Guarno, IF Sandy Almonte, C Kyle Wilson, IF Erik Dean, 3b Tony Granato, 1b Jose Valdez, 3b Dustin Hahn, P Darric Merrell, P Andrew Kreidermacher, P Ryan Fox, P Ching Lo, P Humberto Cardenas...phew. I hated to do it.

untitled29hj.jpg

Player Count: 3,526

To goal: 276! :D

Next up: The P-tigger.jpgs

Glad to hear you're receptive to others' ideas, KG! Here's a few more musings:

Bob Abreu has been battling back issues all year. We all saw what back issues can do to a season last year with Jim Thome... not sure what his injury rating is now, but maybe lowering it 5-10 pts could be in order, as preparation ;)

There's been a ton of surprise bullpen arms this year who are doing incredibly well. They include, but are not limited to: J. Zumaya, J. Putz, R. Soriano, D. Sanchez, T. Saito, T. Coffey, S. Cassidy, R. Ramirez, R. King, J. Mesa, E. Dessens, B. Howry, B. Sweeney, S. Proctor, B. Looper, and of course, J. Papelbon.

Matt Holliday is the real deal. Right now he's projected to be better than .300 30/100/100/8. That's good company, and he's batting .301 outside of Coors. Hawpe and Atkins are no slouches, either. I know you just did Colorado, and I trust you did an excellent job - I can easily see them still being underrated, though. It's force of habit with the Rox, as they're generally the Central whipping boys. They have a nice little thing going on there right now, though.

Albert Pujols... well, nevermind.

How do you intend on rating Adam Dunn? He's, IMO, one of the toughest players to rate, getting him to carry his near .400 OBP, yet still striking out whenever he's not hitting solo HRs or drawing BBs. Just curious what your plan was for him.

Buehrle's having real trouble this year compared to years prior. His K rates are way down, and while he's still not walking guys, he's been very hittable, so while his command remains A+, his movement seemingly does not. To add to that, Jose Contreras almost cannot be rated high enough right now. He's been the best pitcher in the entire AL through nearly 1/4 of the season.

Scott Kazmir... BBs down, K's up... looking like a young version of Randy Johnson, with less velocity, less BB's, and more command. He's on the fast track to real league Ace status. Whieh reminds me, good ol' Big Unit should take a ride South, as even Adrian Beltre and Aubry Huff could get a hit off the guy right now. Which reminds me even furthermore, Carl Pavano and especially Jared Wright are worse than some AA players ;)

Keep up the great work!

Throw in Wandy & Andy in the pitchers list. Watched all their games this year, Wandy had all excellent outings except for one. Although record doesn't show it, Andy Pettitte has pitched well. He of course, as all pitchers do, had a bad outing. But he has pitched well, but typical Astros offense has hurt him. Astros either score 15 runs, or score no runs. Andy has caught the bad end of the stick so far this year.

Andy ratings may be fine, but I believe Wandy should get a little more credit. Just my 2 cents.

Archived