kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool kg. I can't wait! Make sure to make Swisher and Ellis better. Ellis is very under rated, his contact should be in the 80's. Swisher is a 300 and 35 homers guy in the making. His stats are pretty good in UR, maybe get them pretty close to them. If you need any help with the A's, hollor out to me tonight. Good luck!

Thats good for PS2 users.

For UR, yes. For Soriano's and mine, no.

I just had some Chunky soup; so good. I'll have the A's done in a few.

Rabbit, I would've loved to see what you did for attributes. Obviously almost every roster has changed since you were working on it, but those attribs would've been awesome. Thanks for the support and compliments, dudes. :)

I would add Jon Niese, Fernando Martinez, & Deolis Guerra to the Mets Single A. They are three of the Met's top 10 prospects, with Martinez tearing it up in short season Hagerstown.

I can send you some more detailed information on them if you'd be interested

I would add Jon Niese, Fernando Martinez, & Deolis Guerra to the Mets Single A. They are three of the Met's top 10 prospects, with Martinez tearing it up in short season Hagerstown.

I can send you some more detailed information on them if you'd be interested

I've got a subscription to scout.com, I'll try to find info there. Anything you've got on them would be nice, too! PM me or just post here. They'll be tough to add unless they've got a good amount of potential; the Mets have a good amount of really young pitching talent at A and AA already.

I wish I could see Bonds hit 715. :(

That was odd; I tried to quote your TB stuff, and it came up with this; tricky son of a gun edited it just before I hit quote! I don't know if you are retracting your offer for TB, but I'd love to see what you've done with them. :)

A's

Deleted:

P's Joseph Scott, Brad Sullivan, Trent Peterson, Ryan Ford, James Shull, Brad Davis, Jeff Coleman, 1b Haas Pratt, OF Luis Perez, C David Castillo, SS John McCurdy

untitled22cb.jpg

Player Count: 3,445

To goal: 195

Phils up next.

From Baseball America Prospect Handbook:

#4 prospect OF Fernando Martinez - 10/10/1988 Bats Left, Throws Right Ht. 6-0 Wt. 185

Martinez was the biggest splash out of Latin America, signing for $1.4 million. Martinez's hitting approach is well beyond his years. Martinez would have been a first round pick as he matched up with any high school outfielder taken in the draft. Very advanced for his age, good athlete. Youngest player in the South Atlantic League, is hitting over .300 and showing top outfield prospect potential.

#8 prospect RHP Deolis Guerra - 4/17/1989 Bats Right Throws Right Ht 6-5 Wt 200

Guerra joins Fernando Martinez as the Met's second huge Latin American signing. Regarded as top amateur prospect in Venezuela. Already hits 92 on the radar gun at 16 years of age. Advanced feel for changeup and developing power curve. Has difficulty maintaining arm slot at this young age. Possesses two plus pitches that should put him at the top of the Mets rotation eventually. Advanced for his age, but should begin in rookie ball in Brooklyn.

#9 prospect LHP Jon Niese - 10/27/1986 Bats Left Throws Left Ht 6-3 Wt 190

Ohio's first ever back to back state highschool player of the year and pitched on US National Team. Touches 94 on the gun. Very projectable. Needs to refine secondary stuff (has done so thus far in '06). Should be moved to low Class A this year. Is showing a good feel for changeup.

What I usually do is drop guys who have little to no chance of making the team in favor of guys who may be further away, but have better upsides. For example, in my Mets roster I have Mike Swindell, Bobby Parnell, Nick Evans, Martinez, Guerra, and Niese. The Mets don't make it easy by constantly signing veteran dead wood (like Jose Offerman and Michael Tucker) :)

I would probably drop Bryan Edwards and Cullen, although everything else would be a tough call. I think you made excellent calls for who you did end up cutting and I think you are doing a great job on these rosters so far.

What I usually do is drop guys who have little to no chance of making the team in favor of guys who may be further away, but have better upsides. For example, in my Mets roster I have Mike Swindell, Bobby Parnell, Nick Evans, Martinez, Guerra, and Niese. The Mets don't make it easy by constantly signing veteran dead wood (like Jose Offerman and Michael Tucker) :)

I would probably drop Bryan Edwards and Cullen, although everything else would be a tough call. I think you made excellent calls for who you did end up cutting and I think you are doing a great job on these rosters so far.

Cutting 2 pitchers for an OF and a pitcher would give Lucie 14 pitchers, which I try and avoid. It's not like I can just drop an outfielder, as Coles, Turay, Concepcion, Slack, and Hill are all good prospects if I remember correctly. What I could possibly do is move a catcher from Binghamton to Lucie, delete a catcher from Lucie, move Slack to Binghamton, add Martinez and Niese and be 13 pitchers and 12 position players. Then the question becomes; which catcher to move down and delete? Yunir Garcia isn't having a good season so far stats wise, so he's the best candidate to move to Lucie. Would deleting Dan Cummins make sense? Sorry to write a novel here, I just want these to be good! ;) Thanks again jscand!

Archived