That 70's Show

Man, this show has had one hell of a run. For 8 straight seasons, I've followed this show, and it's grown on me significantly. It's the only show I could stand watching on TV aside from Family Guy, The Simpsons and Baseball. The season finale is this week on FOX at 8PM, it's a two-episode finale. I know some of you may think the show sucked entirely or whatever, but you can't lie, Seasons 1-7 were nothing short of comedy.

Discuss...

LOL! I love this show kccitystar. I have to admit I stopped watching in the 6th season. I thought it was hilarious! My favorite is definately Red. I love the way he handles things. Great topic. Definately worth talking about (especially with this crowd).

Yeah, I'm sure the show as a whole was pretty good. Alot of my favorite writers/comedians got their start writing for That 70's Show, so I've always watched now and then. I definitely watch on re-runs whenever I come across it, but I can't say I sat down to watch new episodes every week.

But I think they really should've cancelled the show when Topher Grace left. I really stopped paying any attention to new episodes after he walked, so I can't say with opinion how the final season went. All I could tell from promos on FOX is that every character is marrying the other, a la the last season of Friends. I don't care for shows that end this way, so it's kind of a shame to see That 70's Show go out with a whimper.

Give us a brief synopsis of this final season, KC. I'd be interested to know how it all ended up. And did Ashton Kutcher leave the same time as Topher?

Give us a brief synopsis of this final season, KC. I'd be interested to know how it all ended up. And did Ashton Kutcher leave the same time as Topher?

OK.

SPOILER WARNING....

Season 7 ends with Topher leaving to go to Africa. The show had written him out of the script because he was not able to participate for the 8th season due to filming for Spider Man 3 and other projects Topher was pursuing, same goes with Kutcher. Season 7 leaves us with a few questions. What does Donna do after Eric leaves? Did Hyde kick Kelso's *** after he was caught in the process of having sex with Jackie? What happens with Kelso/Jackie?

Well, Season 8 begins with Kitty sending a tape over to Eric explaining the events that followed after the end of Season 7. Hyde caught Jackie and Kelso about to have sex, and Kelso, too shocked to see Hyde, returns back to Point Place, and tells the gang about what had happened. Jackie comes back as well, thus nullifying her entire career in Chicago to be with Hyde. After Kitty continues to discuss the events following Eric's departure, Hyde returns, saying that he had visited Vegas and had a good time. Upon returning, Kelso unexpectedly runs into Hyde, and is at a loss of words. Hyde punches him in the face, and then a couple scenes later, Jackie and Hyde have an exchange, which leads into the introduction of Samantha, a stripper Hyde had married in Vegas.

Anyway, From Grace and Kutcher's departure (Kutcher leaves after the 4th episode), we get two new characters, Randy, a guy who bears a striking resemblance to Andy Gibb, and a stripper named Samantha, who by the end of the season get written out (Samantha goes with her first husband in around the 15th episode, Randy leaves in the last episode to celebrate the new year with his "friends"). Fez and Jackie start going out, and it takes them a series of 6 episodes to let their emotions out, and it reaches a climax when they kiss on the top of the water tower. Personally, I would have rewritten Season 8, seeing as Hyde and Jackie were an overall better couple, since they were together for 3 seasons, and for her to move on to Fez in a matter of the final 6 episodes is just absurd to me. The series finale, as I have read the script, is pretty good but somewhat ridiculous. Eric returns, however he gets about 5 minutes of on-screen time, and YES, he returns to claim Donna again, after she had a short outing with Randy. Kelso comes back, and the gang basically returns for one last 360.

Boy the 360s were fun. You know what's a funny word? PICKLEWEASEL.

Well, that sounds pretty absurd to me. When the main character leaves, it's so hard to continue on with the story, I think, and it sounds like they put the emphasis more on character development and emotions, rather than comedy.

I like how Seinfeld ended -- no tearful goodbyes, no weddings; just comedy.

the only tv i really watch besides sports is family guy, sopranos, and the war at home. maybe american dad. but now that the war at home finished its first season and soprano season is almost over, i will rarely be watching tv between yankee games.

The only slight disagreement I have is that it feels that the only characters the writers respect and take seriously are Donna and Eric (and not even Eric, considering how abused he was). I admit though, I felt sad when Kitty had showed the house around to the potential buyer (who was in first person view) and she began bringing up memories with her kids...and when the show had a flashback of Donna and Eric's relationship....and when Eric finally showed up.

You came to love ALL of these characters, and while Eric and his relationship with Donna was the obvious heart of the show, I just wish all the characters were treated with respect, too.

I was waiting for Kelso to say dumbass right before New Years and hear a big crash lol. That episode was pretty bad. They all end the same. Everyone gets together. Like the spungo said, Seinfeld was a good ending.

Archived