Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, ty.

I play MVP with traditional Chinese verison.

Does this program fit the version?

I always failed running the program.

Please HELP me!

I'm not sure what the exact problem is. I don't have the Chinese version of Windows, so it's kind of hard for me to test it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's one thing about BoxScoreExtractor that keeps bugging me. Sometimes (actually, half of the time), the teams and their records are not shown in the same line, but in two instead.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

boxscorezs8.jpg

I always though it had something to do with the length of the team name (and maybe with the numbers as well), but as you can see from the screenshot above, that can't be the problem.

Anybody know the answer to this?

• 3 weeks later...

There's one thing about BoxScoreExtractor that keeps bugging me. Sometimes (actually, half of the time), the teams and their records are not shown in the same line, but in two instead.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

boxscorezs8.jpg

I always though it had something to do with the length of the team name (and maybe with the numbers as well), but as you can see from the screenshot above, that can't be the problem.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Is it an HTML file? Just modify the HTML code for td width, I think...

• 1 month later...

I will be releasing a new version soon. The new version will be called BSEexpress. The difference will be that it doesn't ask for any input. It automatically uses kraw's layout, and outputs both the home and away version of the boxscore. (The filename, and the links to the previous and next boxscores will be the only differences between the two). Also, I will give instructions on how to run the BSEexpress without minimizing the game.

I want to have an updated logos folder before I release the new version.

I know the Arizona Diamondbacks logo is changed, but I don't know what other teams in the majors and minors have new logos. So, if someone would update the imageslogos folder for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for taking a look at my problem, tywiggins. I really appreciate it.

Actually, you can get the files in question from here (those are the boxscores from my current dynasty).

Again, thank you for your help.

They all look fine in firefox. Some of them are like the one you showed when I use internet explorer.

New version.

BoxScoreExtractor v2.0

written by tywiggins

released March 9, 2007

-------------------------------------

v2.0 BSEexpress is the new version. BoxScoreExtractor-old is v1.02.

BSEexpress asks for no user input, and will automatically create home and away versions with kraw's layout.

fixed -- xiberger's error with the team records not being shown correctly in Internet Explorer

changed -- All of the logos in the imageslogos folder have been changed. I downloaded most of them from http://www.chriscreamer.com/

I made 17 of the single-A logos from the .eps files from pressbox.mlb.com. All of the logos are 150x100.

changed -- BSEexpress creates a folder based on the current year in your dynasty.

Then inside that folder it creates folders for each team(when it needs to).

changed -- Boxscores for spring training games are now given a "s-" prefix.

changed -- Boxscores for playoff games are now given a "p-" prefix.

changed -- The top line of the html boxscore now will show "Spring Training", "Season", or "Playoffs".

changed -- The previous and next links have the new prefixes for spring training and playoff games.

changed -- Changed the finding memory address function to what I have in the MVP2005 Editor.

changed -- All of the references to all.css, the logos, and the player links were updated to reflect the new directory structure.

("../" was added before each of them -- without the quotes)

To run BSEexpress without minimizing the game(This assumes that you have already extracted all of the files)

1. Right click on BSEexpress, and click "copy".

2. Right click on some empty spot in the folder, and click "Paste Shortcut".

3. Right click on "Shortcut to BSEexpress.exe", and click "Properties"

4. Click the "Shortcut" tab if it's not already open.

5. Click in the "Shortcut Key:" box.

6. Hold the Control key, and press the F12 key. Then release the control key.

7. Click in the "Run:" box.

8. Click "Minimized"

9. Click "OK"

10. Move the shortcut to your desktop(It doesn't seem to work unless it's on the desktop)

11. Now hold Control and press F12 to see if it worked.

12. If it works, you can now press Control F12 to make your boxscores without even minimizing the game.

(If it doesn't work try a different shortcut key).

Ty - got this to work great however I have the first 110 games of my dynasty with the old box score extractor and the last 5 with the new. i tried to consolidate all 115 box scores but i can't get the player links to link to my mvpsavreader pages correctly. it seems the html is looking for the players folder in a certain place and that place changed with the new program. so i can either get the first 110 to work or the last 5 to work (and all others going forward) but can't get everything to work at the same time.

does that make sense? any suggestions?