Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

Ty - got this to work great however I have the first 110 games of my dynasty with the old box score extractor and the last 5 with the new. i tried to consolidate all 115 box scores but i can't get the player links to link to my mvpsavreader pages correctly. it seems the html is looking for the players folder in a certain place and that place changed with the new program. so i can either get the first 110 to work or the last 5 to work (and all others going forward) but can't get everything to work at the same time.

does that make sense? any suggestions?

The old ones will need to be edited. I'll try to come up with a program that will automatically convert the old ones.

All that needs to be done is:

../
needs to be added before the the address for all of the player links, all.css, and images.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old ones will need to be edited. I'll try to come up with a program that will automatically convert the old ones.

All that needs to be done is:

needs to be added before the the address for all of the player links, all.css, and images.

figured that was it but probably impossible without a program or macro for the average user - thanks for looking into this

figured that was it but probably impossible without a program or macro for the average user - thanks for looking into this

Disclaimer: Before you do the following, I suggest making a backup of all of the files that you are about to edit, just in case.

Actually, there is an easy way to do it. Install TextPad.

Then open all of the old html files at once.

Then use the replace function, and choose all documents.

In the "find what" box, type

(../

In the "Replace with" box, type

(../../

Then press the replace all button.

Then:

In the "find what" box, type

"../

In the "Replace with" box, type

"../../

Then press the replace all button.

After that's done, press the close button.

Then: File->Save All

Then you're done.

BoxScoreExtractor v2.1

---------------------------

StaminaChanger.exe is included. The new version of BSEexpress will run this program if the game is over. It will decrease each pitcher's stamina by the values in stamina.txt.

The first line in stamina.txt can be any decimal value from 0 through 1. This value is multiplied by the pitcher's Maximum Stamina. Then this calculated value is subtracted from the pitcher's Current Stamina.

The second line in stamina.txt can be any integer value from -20 through 20. This value is then subtracted from the pitcher's Current Stamina. (negative numbers here add to the pitcher's current stamina)

If the value on the first line is negative or bigger than 1, then I use the default value of 0.075.

If the value on the second line is smaller than -20 or larger than 20, then I use the default value of 5.

If the file doesn't exist, I use the default values.

If you don't want to use StaminaChanger, just delete StaminaChanger.exe.

BoxScoreExtractor v2.1

---------------------------

StaminaChanger.exe is included. The new version of BSEexpress will run this program if the game is over. It will decrease each pitcher's stamina by the values in stamina.txt.

The first line in stamina.txt can be any decimal value from 0 through 1. This value is multiplied by the pitcher's Maximum Stamina. Then this calculated value is subtracted from the pitcher's Current Stamina.

The second line in stamina.txt can be any integer value from -20 through 20. This value is then subtracted from the pitcher's Current Stamina. (negative numbers here add to the pitcher's current stamina)

If the value on the first line is negative or bigger than 1, then I use the default value of 0.075.

If the value on the second line is smaller than -20 or larger than 20, then I use the default value of 5.

If the file doesn't exist, I use the default values.

If you don't want to use StaminaChanger, just delete StaminaChanger.exe.

Would it be possible to have a version of the new extractor that creates the Neojonas layout? I want to be able to use the more detailed data in a database to track seasons.

Great work as usual!!

Would it be possible to have a version of the new extractor that creates the Neojonas layout? I want to be able to use the more detailed data in a database to track seasons.

Great work as usual!!

For now, continue to use the old version. But yes, I am planning on creating a version with neojonas's layout soon.

I'm still a little confused about what values to use in the stamina.txt file. For my first game, I tried

that is what is listed as the default value in the readme. but my closer pitched 3 innings and his stamina after the game was only down to 36/43. Should it have been lower? What values do you recommend using? thanks again.

I'm still a little confused about what values to use in the stamina.txt file. For my first game, I tried

that is what is listed as the default value in the readme. but my closer pitched 3 innings and his stamina after the game was only down to 36/43. Should it have been lower? What values do you recommend using? thanks again.

Sorry about the confusion. I included the wrong stamina.txt with the program. 0.075 and 5 is what I recommend and what was supposed to be in the file.

From your example, assuming the 36/43 is after advancing to the next day.

Before the program was run, his stamina would have been 28. After the program was run, his stamina would have been 20/43. The game added 16 stamina when it advanced to the next day to make it 36/43.

Do you know what stamina% he had at the end of the game? If it was somewhere around 65%, the program worked correctly. If it was somewhere around 47% the program didn't do anything.

Sorry, you are correct, 36/43 was his stamina the next day, not after the game as I said. I didn't notice what his stamina at the end of game either. I'll double check the value's the next time I play.

One quick question. Let's say we want to give a bigger hit to their stamina. For example, for my closer, who pitched 3 innings (34 pitches). What value should we use in the stamina.txt file to make his stamina, following the game, drop to 10 or lower? That would give him nothing more than a 26/43 the next day.

Sorry, you are correct, 36/43 was his stamina the next day, not after the game as I said. I didn't notice what his stamina at the end of game either. I'll double check the value's the next time I play.

One quick question. Let's say we want to give a bigger hit to their stamina. For example, for my closer, who pitched 3 innings (34 pitches). What value should we use in the stamina.txt file to make his stamina, following the game, drop to 10 or lower? That would give him nothing more than a 26/43 the next day.

Increase either or both of the lines in the stamina.txt file.

The 0.075 and 5 will cancel out approximately half of the stamina gain that the game gives.

If you increase the values to 0.1 and 8, it will cancel out approximately 3/4 of the stamina gain that the game gives.

If you increase the values to 0.15 and 10, it will pretty much cancel out all of the stamina gain that the game gives.

Stamina experiment conducted for the Texas Rangers and simulating the first 17 games. There was a curious effect whereby pitchers were losing stamina between games momentarily even though they did not pitch (see chart). Pitchers at "100" should never lose stamina, correct? Thoughts?

staminaexper.jpg

Stamina experiment conducted for the Texas Rangers and simulating the first 17 games. There was a curious effect whereby pitchers were losing stamina between games momentarily even though they did not pitch (see chart). Pitchers at "100" should never lose stamina, correct? Thoughts?

staminaexper.jpg

I have it so every pitcher on both teams lose stamina. Pitchers at 100% stamina do lose stamina, but after you advance to the next day, they will be back at 100%.

I think the problem that you're showing is that sometimes you went to the next day, and sometimes you didn't. With the exception of game 4, all of the other games that you have a pitcher colored in red are the last game of the series. These games usually have earlier start times, so that the teams can travel for their next series.

The problem is that you were checking the stamina before you advance to the next day on those days. On the days when your mlb team has a night game, the game automatically advances to the next day before you checked the stamina.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to get the Box Scores without the Fielding. I don't see the purpose.

Also why is the players name in a hyperlink? Is that just the format? Could there be a way for when you click on a name, it takes you to the MVPSavreader files? I don't know if thats possible, but it would sure be neat.

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been asked, 40+ pages you know.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I just got done with a 17 inning game, and the play by play was all messed up, only showing a few of the innings, not all 17. Not only that, the play by play was in the wrong order. Stuff that happened in the 8th shows up as happening in the 10th.

http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores/use...seball/TB16.htm

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I just got done with a 17 inning game, and the play by play was all messed up, only showing a few of the innings, not all 17. Not only that, the play by play was in the wrong order. Stuff that happened in the 8th shows up as happening in the 10th.

http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores/use...seball/TB16.htm

Yeah. That has been brought up before. The game only keeps the last 100 plate appearances.