Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news: I found the "at-bat" information. (anytime a batter comes up to the plate it is an "at-bat". So if a runner is caught stealing to end the 7th inning, and the batter didn't strike out, the batter would have an "at-bat" in the 7th inning, and another in the 8th inning)

Bad news: It only contains whether it is the top half or bottom half of the inning, the batter's playerid, the number of pitches thrown to the batter, and the result(strikeout, groundout, flyout, HR, etc.)

So, I can probably get the number of pitches thrown by each pitcher (I haven't tested what happens when you change pitchers or hitters in the middle of an "at-bat". Hopefully it creates a new entry.)

Also, I can make a game log, but it wouldn't be as detailed as high heat's game log.

I still haven't started coding yet. I will probably do a little more research before I start.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put the game log on higher priority than the pitch count, since you can always see the pitch count during a game anyways.

Yep I agree, all this asking for other stuff before you get the orginal idea ready to go makes no sense, I was waiting for someone else to say it first.

I'd put the game log on higher priority than the pitch count, since you can always see the pitch count during a game anyways.

Well, as I said before, the number of pitches thrown to each batter is included in the "at-bat" information. So it won't take much extra effort to get that information if I'm doing the gamelog.

Could you explain this a little better? I don't get what you're saying.

Yep I can.

All I was saying is as soon as you said you could get to the box score, we started asking for this and that, I say we leave you alone with what you have and let you fine tune that before we ask for more of something we dont have yet.

What's wrong with throwing out suggestions? Is that not the point of this thread? He wanted our input from the very first post, but I suppose you didnt read that far back :roll:

Sure I did, Sorry if you see it any different.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well no I am not really..

Yep I can.

All I was saying is as soon as you said you could get to the box score, we started asking for this and that, I say we leave you alone with what you have and let you fine tune that before we ask for more of something we dont have yet.

Okay, thanks.

My original idea was to just to do an expanded box score, without the gamelog. Now that I have found the information for the gamelog, it won't be very hard to include that as well.

Okay, thanks.

My original idea was to just to do an expanded box score, without the gamelog. Now that I have found the information for the gamelog, it won't be very hard to include that as well.

Excellent!! I look forward to it.

Do you know if this will work for IP to IP games or is it just offline?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will this work for sim and managed games or only games that you play?

By the way, this mod is sounding like a dream to a stat junkie like me. Thanks for all your hard work tywiggins!

lol i hear that... i cant wait to analyze my dynasty stats while sitting at work...

keep up the great work ty... it will be appreciated by all when its done... :wtg:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will this work for sim and managed games or only games that you play?

By the way, this mod is sounding like a dream to a stat junkie like me. Thanks for all your hard work tywiggins!

Actually, last night I found out that I can't do the game log for simmed games. I'm not sure about managed games.

The box scores will work for played, managed, and simmed games.(Not quick simmed)

I will start writing the program tonight. I didn't get much accomplished over the weekend.

The fielding stats and pitching stats are now done. I attached the file that was created by the latest build of my boxscore extractor.

Looks like this is going to be excellent. Took me a moment to figure out what all the additional columns were (season totals).

Eagerly awaiting the next update.