Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

If I foolishly...(stupidly, clumsily) run extractorexpress, say...oh,...three times instead of once...that means that all my starters will be knocked down to, like 85% even after the next day begins...and won't recover fully until the next off day, right? They'll always be starting from a lower bass line than 100%.

I'd have to delete StaminaChanger for a few games to get back to normal?

Poor Kip Wells is about to get shelled and no one in the bullpen has the arm left to bail him out.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It worked...but I had confused the ReadMe info for the old version with Express and when no prompt came up (as it would for the old version) I pressed the shortcut key a few times (again...me, dumb). I also may have run the program once on the actual boxscore screen. So I may have run it as many as four times or as few as two.

The boxscores were saved so I assume it saved them first time I ran the extractor and then overwrote the other time(s). But I'm guessing the StaminaChanger ran each time and each time started from a lower bass until everyone got to where they are now (around 85-88%, except Isringhausen and the late Josh Hancock who are waaaay down around the 30%'s).

I'm guessing I'll be fine if I just don't run it after the next game...but I wanted to make sure.

By the way...this forum has basically ended videogaming for me beyond this game. I can't imagine wanting to sit down to anything other than MVP'07 now...the new Smash Brothers??? Pshaw.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone can tell me what is meant by Player did not complete plate appearance.

Secondly, has anyone ever noticed that the pitch count is off for the closer. For example the closer came in and pitched the ninth inning. The play by play says it was 10 pitches but the box score show the closer with only 4 pitches and the starter has 6 too many pitches. Minor issue but I wondered if anyone noticed besides me?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if this seems like a necro, but I really need help getting this to work.

I can't manage to figure it out at all.

do you have it installed? did you read the "readme" file that comes with it? - play a game, when the game is over the final screen before exiting the field has 2 options. one is to view the "boxscore" the other is to "Quit". hit quit, then it brings you to the screen where you can view the boxscore one last time or hit "done". at that screen hit ctrl + esc to minimize the game. find where you have the extractor, double click on it and follow the prompts from their. even for a "computer illiterate" such as myself it's pretty simple

do you have it installed? did you read the "readme" file that comes with it? - play a game, when the game is over the final screen before exiting the field has 2 options. one is to view the "boxscore" the other is to "Quit". hit quit, then it brings you to the screen where you can view the boxscore one last time or hit "done". at that screen hit ctrl + esc to minimize the game. find where you have the extractor, double click on it and follow the prompts from their. even for a "computer illiterate" such as myself it's pretty simple

Other than alt-tabbing instead of ctrl+escaping yeah, that's exactly what I did. But err...I donno....I manage to know C++, BASIC, HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP, and Lua, plus other homebrew languages, yet I can't manage to understand this. Life's a beach, eh?

Other than alt-tabbing instead of ctrl+escaping yeah, that's exactly what I did. But err...I donno....I manage to know C++, BASIC, HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP, and Lua, plus other homebrew languages, yet I can't manage to understand this. Life's a beach, eh?

What exactly is happening? You really haven't given any information to help diagnose your problem.

But my guess is that you have renamed your mvp2005.exe to mvp2007.exe. It has to be mvp2005.exe for any of my programs to work.

What exactly is happening? You really haven't given any information to help diagnose your problem.

But my guess is that you have renamed your mvp2005.exe to mvp2007.exe. It has to be mvp2005.exe for any of my programs to work.

Hmm...that actually makes sense, seeing as I installed the MVP 07 mod. I'll try changing it back to '05 and see if that helps.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to use the boxscore extractor that is on your site and I've downloaded it, extracted it, read the readme file, but everytime I try to run it I get an application error. I've looked through old threads and tried to troubleshoot my problem like that but so far luck has not been on my side. Anyone have any ideas for me?

PS - I did not rename my MVP.exe file. I noticed that was a problem for some people but mine is still mvp2005.exe and i have netframework2.0 installed. this is what my screen looks like when i try to run it

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4197/picture001em2.png

Thanks

I've got a question on this too. Unfortunately, I really don't have the time to go reading through this entire thread, so if someone could help me out or point me to the right page I'd appreciate it. I run the extractor, no problem, exactly when the readme says to, but I can't seem to find the file of the box score afterwards. Where does it go, and how do I get it? I didn't rename my MVP.exe like people have mentioned around here, and I'm pretty sure I have NET Framework 2.0, because my computer is brand new, and I have no problem when running the program. I just can't find the box score

I've got a question on this too. Unfortunately, I really don't have the time to go reading through this entire thread, so if someone could help me out or point me to the right page I'd appreciate it. I run the extractor, no problem, exactly when the readme says to, but I can't seem to find the file of the box score afterwards. Where does it go, and how do I get it? I didn't rename my MVP.exe like people have mentioned around here, and I'm pretty sure I have NET Framework 2.0, because my computer is brand new, and I have no problem when running the program. I just can't find the box score

The way I do it is this: When I finish the game, I go to the main menu of MVP 05 and then I hit ALT+TAB to go to the desktop. I then run the box score extractor and it starts and I get the message that says it is "searching for the memory address." After that, I follow the prompts and finally it asks me what do I want to name this file? I give it a name and that file is place in a directory where the Box score extractor is. So try this out the next game you play. Play a game and name this file something that you will have no trouble finding, call it TESTBOXSCOREGAME or something. You'll see it there in the BSE thread.

The way I do it is this: When I finish the game, I go to the main menu of MVP 05 and then I hit ALT+TAB to go to the desktop. I then run the box score extractor and it starts and I get the message that says it is "searching for the memory address." After that, I follow the prompts and finally it asks me what do I want to name this file? I give it a name and that file is place in a directory where the Box score extractor is. So try this out the next game you play. Play a game and name this file something that you will have no trouble finding, call it TESTBOXSCOREGAME or something. You'll see it there in the BSE thread.

When you say after finishing the game, is that at the point where you select quit instead of Box Score? According to the readme, you are supposed to minimize after choosing Quit.

When I do as instructed, I don't get any options because the BSE runs so fast and automatically puts the box score in a folder it named 2007, which is the year of my dynasty. Instead of having my team's folder along with folders for every other team I play against, is there a way to have it automatically put only my Yankee box scores in the folder?