Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

for some reason i can't install the boxscore extractor. i downloaded it but my computer won't let me extract the 3 main .exe files and i have no idea why? also everytime i try to use the total installer thingy i get this same error:

line-1: Error: subscript used with non-Array variable.

i have no idea what i need to do. i have already installed the .net 2.0. i was thinking maybe it is just a problem with vista?? please help..

for some reason i can't install the boxscore extractor. i downloaded it but my computer won't let me extract the 3 main .exe files and i have no idea why? also everytime i try to use the total installer thingy i get this same error:

line-1: Error: subscript used with non-Array variable.

i have no idea what i need to do. i have already installed the .net 2.0. i was thinking maybe it is just a problem with vista?? please help..

In Vista, try running the program as Admin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. Using an unmodified version of MVP 05, on 32-bit Vista and I seem to have the program installed correctly. I run the program upon the ending of a game, at the last chance to view the boxscore, I view it, run the proggy...everything happens in a flash, it closes and...I don't know what else is supposed to happen? I don't see any files written to my drive? Where should they be saved?

There is a 2005 folder that wasn't there before...but there's nothing in it. Im stumped. Any help would be sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to search with certain keywords, but many different threads pop up. I was wondering how people post their boxscores so that the image shows up in a thread and not just provide a link to it. Is the only way to do it to print screen and paste in into photoshop/paint?

I downloaded that add-on and when I save it, it saves as a 'image file'. Then, when I try to upload it to a Photobucket or such, it uploads to a minimized one. How can I get the whole thing, such as the image with the mod?

Thanks for all the help.

i have been opening up photoshop and resizing it, but that is frustrating. I was wondering same thing as you

One thing that's weird, you know how on the readme:

When prompted:

Press '1' if you want neojonas's layout (expanded box score),

or press anything else for krawhitham's layout (ESPN box score)

-----------------------------------------

At the next prompt:

Press 'x' or 'X' if this is an exhibition game (Season stats will not be shown)

Then you get to type in your filename. (Files will go in the Exhibition folder)

Press 'h' or 'H' if you want to name the file after your home team.

(If the home team is the Detroit Tigers, and this is their 16th game of the season,

the filename will be DET16.htm and will be in the DET folder)

Press anything else if you want to name the file after your home team.

(If the away team is the Chicago White Sox, and this is their 22nd game of the season,

the filename will be CWS22.htm and will be in the CWS folder)

I don't get that prompt, the cmd screen pops up, stays up for one second, then disappears. Does it do this for all?

i have been opening up photoshop and resizing it, but that is frustrating. I was wondering same thing as you

If you just need to resize the image (or crop, batch convert, etc) instead of using Photoshop, you can try a free program called irfanview. It loads faster and the it has a lot of compabilities that normal Windows editors or viewers do not.

link: www.irfanview.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

When I do the extraction it has completely diffrent rosters and names than the people actually on the team. like my cubs had what appears to be the 2006 Cards. Anyidea on what I've done wrong?

Edited by NorthPawSims

• 4 years later...