Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

I just tried it for the first time and it's great. A few things I noticed;

Agreed with snepp, it does make things a little hard to read. Something like the format boxscorers use, where the line would be, for example, "Alex Rodriguez singles (19), Derek Jeter to 3rd" in the inning-by-inning run-down would be nicer, I think. Or maybe a section at the end for season totals. Just randomly brainstorming here. :)

I could put the season totals in the game-log, but I could only do it for singles, doubles, triples, homeruns. I can't output where the runners advance to. The game just doesn't keep that information.

In the game, I had a situation where I had flied out, singled, flied out again and singled again, bringing up Randy Ruiz with 2 out and 2 on. He grounded into a force out at second base, but the recap said "Randy Ruiz reached base on a fielder's choice." I was impressed with the fact it picked this up, but again, something like "Randy Ruiz grounds into force out, [player name] out at [base]" would be nice, or even just "Randy Ruiz grounds into force out" would be cool as it implies the inning was ended anyway.

I thought the game would have scored that as a ground out. I'll change the text for fielder's choice to: "hit into a fielder's choice." The game doesn't keep the information about who got the player out.

Finally, and again, I was impressed with this being picked up, with Justin Christian at 3rd base with 2 out and Gabe Lopez at the plate, I tried to pull a squeeze to drive in a run, with Gabe being a good bunter and Christian being very fast. Well, Gabe totally missed the bunt and Justin was out by a mile at home, ending the game. I had no idea what the recap would say about this, but it dealt with it very nicely.

Good.

1 question - what's the difference between the home team export and the road team? I had a look, but I couldn't see anything. Is it just for archival purposes, with the game number in the filename?

Yeah, it's pretty much just for archival purposes. And for the html version, since the boxscores will be linked.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Here is the latest version.

Things that changed.

1. Now I output a htm file. (Thanks to neojonas) -- added

2. fielder's choice text in the game log was changed to "hit into a fielder's choice" -- fixed

3. Now when you pick which team, I create a directory for that team's boxscores. -- Changed

(If you pick the Toronto Blue Jays when the program asks you to pick a team, a folder named "TOR" will be created. Inside this folder, a TORxxx.htm file will be created. Also, a "textboxscores" folder will be created (inside the TOR folder) with a TORxxx.csv file inside.) Sorry if it sounds complicated.

4. There are probably some more that I can't think of.

Get the logos for the 30 MLB teams from my website. Put the logos folder inside your images folder. (images folder only has top.jpg inside)

EDIT: version 0.12 removed.

Looks good and pretty easy to use. The HTML could use some work, although you could probably edit it yourself in the CSS file. I also think you should get rid of the season/career totals, it really clutters up the page and doesnt look good visually. Maybe try to make it like the cbssportsline.com box scores. Anyway, a great tool and i appreciate the work put into it!

I wasn't aware that you could play 3 inning games. I think I can come up with a fix for that.

It was an exhibition game. In the options before the game starts you can choose 1, 3, 5, 7, or a regular 9 inning game.

The html file was all done up with CSS so you can easily modify the css file to your liking to get whatever custom look you want across all your saved box scores instead of needing to edit each one. So go to town and come up with some sweet designs!

I keep getting an error trying to run this program. It tells me the program can't run because the application configuration is incorrect. I extracted the programs and relvant files to both the files where my sav file is and where the mvp exe program is and get error trying to run either. Any help please?

I keep getting an error trying to run this program. It tells me the program can't run because the application configuration is incorrect. I extracted the programs and relvant files to both the files where my sav file is and where the mvp exe program is and get error trying to run either. Any help please?

You need to install .NET Framework 2.0

Get it from microsoft.com/downloads

The only problem that I have is the stat layout (not much of a problem, more an annoyance). Putting the season stats right next to the game stats really clutters things up and makes it difficult to read. Though I'm not sure how else you would do it so I can't really give a good suggestion.

something like this maybe (TY ESPN)

http://www.mindwarped.com/boxscore/

tywiggins, this is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for your time and effort to produce this. I, as others, love the statistical part of the game and to archive boxes before, I was just taking screencaps, which wsa taking up mad disk space. I just wish I had this when I started my dynasty! Keep up the great work!

P.S. I don't know if you're still looking for suggestions, but if so, it might be a cool addition to have the league leaders and standings on the export somewhere. Obviously not necessary, but if you're putting more time into it, that would be cool.

If anyone gets the error with the game log not working even though you played the whole game. Please run the attached version of the program. It is exactly the same as v0.13 except it outputs part of the memory into a file name "test.dat". Then send me the test.dat file.

tywiggins, this is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for your time and effort to produce this. I, as others, love the statistical part of the game and to archive boxes before, I was just taking screencaps, which wsa taking up mad disk space. I just wish I had this when I started my dynasty! Keep up the great work!

P.S. I don't know if you're still looking for suggestions, but if so, it might be a cool addition to have the league leaders and standings on the export somewhere. Obviously not necessary, but if you're putting more time into it, that would be cool.

I don't think I'll do the league leaders and the standings. If you want those, you could always use the MVPSavReader.

If everyone is okay with this layout, I'll get it started on it in a couple of days

I don't think I'll do the league leaders and the standings. If you want those, you could always use the MVPSavReader.

Speaking of MVPSavReader would it also be possible to make the players names links

list this

../../Players/Lastname_Firstname.html
here is an example with Griffey JR http://www.mindwarped.com/boxscore/test/bo...es/CIN/CIN3.htm the link is
<a href="../../Players/Griffey_Jr._Ken.html">

Speaking of MVPSavReader would it also be possible to make the players names links

list this

../../Players/Lastname_Firstname.html
here is an example with Griffey JR http://www.mindwarped.com/boxscore/test/bo...es/CIN/CIN3.htm the link is
<a href="../../Players/Griffey_Jr._Ken.html">

Yeah, that would be easy enough. Are spaces in the name the only thing that I have to be careful about?

Hi Ty, I'm from Italy. We are playing an online league and your boxscores will be a great addiction for us

Is it possible to make them not reading preexisting player's stats?

That is, to read only the stats the game generated AB 3 H 1 AVG 333

Thanks a lot !!!