Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

Speaking of MVPSavReader would it also be possible to make the players names links

list this

../../Players/Lastname_Firstname.html
here is an example with Griffey JR http://www.mindwarped.com/boxscore/test/bo...es/CIN/CIN3.htm the link is
<a href="../../Players/Griffey_Jr._Ken.html">

Nice. With all this modding that everyone's done, starting a dynasty in MVP 05 is just like starting your own independent league with a website, and all.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone is okay with this layout, I'll get it started on it in a couple of days.

First, let me say thank you soo much for all your work, tywiggins. With your hard work with the many apps you've been working on, it's brought a whole new life to the game. Box scores, schedule changers, changing rosters & teams in the middle of dynasties. Man, combining those with MVPSavReader and all the face/portrait/roster/team mods gives us an entirely new experience than "just a baseball game."

With that said, it would be awesome if, in addition to the CSS file, you could use some kind of html template file for the layout. Then we could customize the layout to what some people want versus others without you having to code it.

I'm very confused by this. I just played a 9 inning game against the braves as the cubs at home. Where the game log should be, it says this...

"No Game Log: At least one at-bat was simmed or managed."

This was an exhibition game and I played every at-bat. The only possible explanation I can give for this is in the 6th inning there were MANY walks and I batted around the order. Other than that inning the game was pretty normal.

I'm very confused by this. I just played a 9 inning game against the braves as the cubs at home. Where the game log should be, it says this...

"No Game Log: At least one at-bat was simmed or managed."

This was an exhibition game and I played every at-bat. The only possible explanation I can give for this is in the 6th inning there were MANY walks and I batted around the order. Other than that inning the game was pretty normal.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...p=253421#253421

I love this pogram. :D Just had probably the best game I've ever had. Anyway;

Ty, in the bottom of the 10th inning, Felix Escalona doubled with no outs and Kevin Howard was intentionally walked to put men on 1st and 2nd. I attempted to bunt them over with Justin Christian, but it was a decent bunt and the catcher ended up eating the ball, but tossed it back to the pitcher who was standing just a few feet away from him. However, the boxscore has listed it as the runner making the 3rd out, which is damn near impossible as there was no outs in the inning when the play occured. I've copied the boxscore below.

Bottom of inning 10

Felix Escalona doubled.

Kevin Howard was intentionally walked.

Justin Christian did not complete plate appearance (runner was the 3rd out)

Vince Faison struck out.

Todd Self flied out.

Gabe Lopez hit into a fielder's choice.

0 runs, 1 hits

Thanks. :D

I love this pogram. :D Just had probably the best game I've ever had. Anyway;

Ty, in the bottom of the 10th inning, Felix Escalona doubled with no outs and Kevin Howard was intentionally walked to put men on 1st and 2nd. I attempted to bunt them over with Justin Christian, but it was a decent bunt and the catcher ended up eating the ball, but tossed it back to the pitcher who was standing just a few feet away from him. However, the boxscore has listed it as the runner making the 3rd out, which is damn near impossible as there was no outs in the inning when the play occured. I've copied the boxscore below.

Bottom of inning 10

Felix Escalona doubled.

Kevin Howard was intentionally walked.

Justin Christian did not complete plate appearance (runner was the 3rd out)

Vince Faison struck out.

Todd Self flied out.

Gabe Lopez hit into a fielder's choice.

0 runs, 1 hits

Thanks. :D

Sometimes the game doesn't make the correct decision about the result of the at bat. So the game scored the play wrong. It must not have counted as a batter faced for the pitcher. And the batter might not have gotten credit for it either. In the at-bat history it would show runner 3rd out. Not really much I can do about that except change what it outputs from:

"did not complete plate appearance (runner was the 3rd out)"

to

"did not complete plate appearance" or something like that

Yeah, makes sense. If only MVP stored game details better. Oh well. Thanks anyway. Your mods recently are bringing a whole new element to the game. :D

EDIT - Attached AA Eastern League graphics, all 100x100. I had to name the Connecticut Defenders logo CD.gif. For some reason, XP insists there is already a file named CON.gif in every single directory on my PC, which I can't quite figure out.

EDIT 2 - Replaced with all AA logos but 3 - Birmingham Barons are missing from the Southern League, Midland Rockhounds and San Antonio Missions are missing from the Texas League. Example page here.

Would logos for the rest of the minors be any good to you?

Yeah, makes sense. If only MVP stored game details better. Oh well. Thanks anyway. Your mods recently are bringing a whole new element to the game. :D

EDIT - Attached AA Eastern League graphics, all 100x100. I had to name the Connecticut Defenders logo CD.gif. For some reason, XP insists there is already a file named CON.gif in every single directory on my PC, which I can't quite figure out.

EDIT 2 - Replaced with all AA logos but 3 - Birmingham Barons are missing from the Southern League, Midland Rockhounds and San Antonio Missions are missing from the Texas League.

Would logos for the rest of the minors be any good to you?

Yeah. Get all the logos you can.

I'm getting the same error when I rename the file to "CON.gif". Strange.

I just found this on google: http://blog.jasonnussbaum.com/?p=138

Things like this make me wonder why I haven't switched to Linux yet. Typical Microsoft. Maybe if they paid as much attention to decent security as they do to their marketing campaign (or their court fees for anti-competitiveness cases, for that matter), users wouldn't have this crap. Oh well.

I'll get more logos uploaded soon.

Ty, what acronyms are you using for team names? There are a few that collide, such as the Colorado Rockies and Columbus Clippers (both COL) and the Portland Sea Dogs and Portland Beavers (both POR). Would it help if I arranged them into levels and sub-folders, so seperate folders for AAA, AA and A?