Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

Ty, what acronyms are you using for team names? There are a few that collide, such as the Colorado Rockies and Columbus Clippers (both COL) and the Portland Sea Dogs and Portland Beavers (both POR). Would it help if I arranged them into levels and sub-folders, so seperate folders for AAA, AA and A?

I'm using the ones from the game. They're in the team.dat file. I get the two or three letter intials from the memory. So if you edited the abbreviation for the Angels from ANA to LAA, my program would make the html file look for LAA.gif. It would also name the boxscore LAAxxx.htm

It would be easier on me if they were all in the same folder.

Columbus Clippers = CLS

Colorado Rockies = COL

tebjr is right about the portland teams initials.

Edit: I guess I was too slow. :)

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. The .ZIP file attached contains logos for 69 of the minor league teams in the game. The missing teams as as follows;

AAA

Scranton/W-B Red Barons (SWB)

Buffalo Bisons (BUF)

Ottawa Lynx (OTT)

Syracuse SkyChiefs (SYR)

Charlotte Knights (CHA)

Indianapolis Indians (IND)

Louisville Bats (LOU)

Iowa Cubs (IOW)

Omaha Royals (OMA)

Memphis Redbirds (MEM)

Colorado Springs SkySox (CS)

Las Vegas 51's (LV)

Tucson Sidewinders (TUC)

AA

Birmingham Barons (BIR)

Midland Rockhounds (MID)

San Antonio Missions (SA)

A

Visilia Oaks (VIS)

High Desert Mavericks (HD)

Brevard County Manatees (BC)

Dunedin Blue Jays (DUN)

Sarasota Reds (SAR)

I'll get these done either later tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT - Updated file now contains 89 images for all minor league clubs in the game except the Birmingham Barons.

Done. The .ZIP file attached contains logos for 69 of the minor league teams in the game. The missing teams as as follows;

AAA

Scranton/W-B Red Barons (SWB)

Buffalo Bisons (BUF)

Ottawa Lynx (OTT)

Syracuse SkyChiefs (SYR)

Charlotte Knights (CHA)

Indianapolis Indians (IND)

Louisville Bats (LOU)

Iowa Cubs (IOW)

Omaha Royals (OMA)

Memphis Redbirds (MEM)

Colorado Springs SkySox (CS)

Las Vegas 51's (LV)

Tucson Sidewinders (TUC)

AA

Birmingham Barons (BIR)

Midland Rockhounds (MID)

San Antonio Missions (SA)

A

Visilia Oaks (VIS)

High Desert Mavericks (HD)

Brevard County Manatees (BC)

Dunedin Blue Jays (DUN)

Sarasota Reds (SAR)

I'll get these done either later tonight or tomorrow.

Depending on where you get them from, you can get them here:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/im...lubheaderlogos/

SWB is T531, BUF is T422, Visilia (VIS) is T516, etc. They're all 100x100 as they use them in the box scores on milb.com. The easiest way to get the team number is to hover over the team name in the scoreboard on the homepage.

Do you mean for the logos or for the boxscores?

I guess I misread things. I'm talking about for the folder in which all the files go. Instead of having a folder named CHC for Chicago, have it say "MLB" then you must click into CHC.

That way if teams have the same 3 letters they would be in different folders for each of the 4 leagues.

Do you understand what I mean, I tried explaining it the best I could without a screenshot. :)

Cool. Thanks MarkB. Can someone get the logos for the All-Star teams as well?

No problem. I don't think the All-Star team logos have been announced yet. I had a look on MLB Pressbox and it's only the event logos and uniform patches etc. that have been uploaded already. I'll keep my eyes open.

EDIT - Very minor error I just noticed - On the losing pitcher just under the linescore, the record bracket isn't closed, so it will read "W: T.J. Beam (1-0) | L: Brian Mazone (0-1".

No problem. I don't think the All-Star team logos have been announced yet. I had a look on MLB Pressbox and it's only the event logos and uniform patches etc. that have been uploaded already. I'll keep my eyes open.

Well, we could get something to use in the meantime. (Like last year's logos)

Did you realize that in the team.dat files the Connecticut Defenders are still the Norwich Navigators with abbreviation NOW ?

EDIT - Very minor error I just noticed - On the losing pitcher just under the linescore, the record bracket isn't closed, so it will read "W: T.J. Beam (1-0) | L: Brian Mazone (0-1".

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that before. It works right when there is a save.

Well, we could get something to use in the meantime. (Like last year's logos)

Did you realize that in the team.dat files the Connecticut Defenders are still the Norwich Navigators with abbreviation NOW ?

I didn't, as I was using LocLook to check the abbreviation for the teams in the FEENG.LOC file. Maybe you could run an "if" statement to check if the team abbreviation is "CON" or "NOW" and link to the appropriate image and team name in the HTML file.

Here's what I found:

For the top of the 9th inning:

Aramis Ramirez homered.

Michael Barrett singled.

Todd Walker doubled.

Matt Murton grounded out.

Ronny Cedeno was intentionally walked.

John Mabry flied out.

It doesn't show Juan Pierre coming up to bat for the fifth time. The box score shows him getting a PA and an AB though.

That's why the pitch count was 0 for all of the Cardinals pitchers. I only do the pitch counts if the number of batters faced is equal to the opponent's plate appearances in the game log.

What I can do is enable the game log even if there are some missing at-bats.

I didn't, as I was using LocLook to check the abbreviation for the teams in the FEENG.LOC file. Maybe you could run an "if" statement to check if the team abbreviation is "CON" or "NOW" and link to the appropriate image and team name in the HTML file.

Well, I can't make a CON folder, so I guess I'll go with what you did for the image and name it "CD". I'll have to do an if statement like you said.

Could a file check be implemented to ensure the destination file doesn't already exist? I'm more of an exhibition player right now, so, for example, all my games with Trenton will automatically be named TRE143.htm and TRE143.csv and it will overwrite without confirmation as soon as the appropriate input is given.

Just as well I made a copy of that first file. :)

I love this program. First game (Reading @ Trenton) is here. After the game, I'll spend a few minutes updating the file with pertinent information (pitching, defensive and offensive changes, fielder's choice outs, stolen bases etc.) and then I'll update the links and upload. Try out the "Previous" and "Next" links. :D

Thanks for a great program Ty, and neojonas for a very nice HTML base.

Could a file check be implemented to ensure the destination file doesn't already exist? I'm more of an exhibition player right now, so, for example, all my games with Trenton will automatically be named TRE143.htm and TRE143.csv and it will overwrite without confirmation as soon as the appropriate input is given.

Just as well I made a copy of that first file. :)

I love this program. First game (Reading @ Trenton) is here. After the game, I'll spend a few minutes updating the file with pertinent information (pitching, defensive and offensive changes, fielder's choice outs, stolen bases etc.) and then I'll update the links and upload. Try out the "Previous" and "Next" links. :D

Thanks for a great program Ty, and neojonas for a very nice HTML base.

Yeah, I can check if the file already exists and then ask if you want to replace it.

I was also thinking of adding an 'X' option for exhibition games.