Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was also thinking of adding an 'X' option for exhibition games."

I play a lot of exhibition games too and that would be terrific. Thanks for this Ty, the one thing this game always lacked is a respectable box score. You're fixing that for sure.

Thanks again.

I tried this wonderful utility last night and today. Before I go on, I would also like to thank tywiggins for this great mod. I think this is going to be another one of the "must have" mods for this game along with Fuzz's Studio, Hory's portraits and KC's uniforms.

Please take a look at my boxscore. It said No Game Log: At least one at-bat was simmed or managed.

Well, I never did anything like that. I wonder what happened?

I tried this wonderful utility last night and today. Before I go on, I would also like to thank tywiggins for this great mod. I think this is going to be another one of the "must have" mods for this game along with Fuzz's Studio, Hory's portraits and KC's uniforms.

Please take a look at my boxscore. It said No Game Log: At least one at-bat was simmed or managed.

Well, I never did anything like that. I wonder what happened?

The total number of plate appearances in the game log didn't match the sum of the total batters faced for all pitchers that pitched in the game.

In pip07's case (read the last page or two) it was caused by a team's final plate appearance not being recorded by the game in the game log. So the game probably failed to record one of the plate appearances in your game the game log. In the next version, I will be a little more lenient when it comes to outputing the game log.

(Basically what I did was assume that the only time the game log would be incomplete would be when you sim or manage an at-bat. But the game also seems to occasionally forget to record an at-bat in the game log )

No one's mentioned this, but I need to fix the Positions in the boxscore for when there is a pinch hitter. If you pinch hit for a pitcher, the pinch hitter's position will be "P". I'm not sure what happens if you do a double switch. I'll have to test it out.

Also, I meant to indent the pinch hitters by three spaces. I put in " " in the html, but i forgot that in html you need to use "  " for three spaces.

Ty, this is great. Simple to use and very impressive. I am with Buffa, I as well have an online league with a couple of my friends. I would like to delete the season stats as well. I opened the boxscore.css to see if I could manually change it, but I didn't notice anything that would effect the season stats. In a perfect world, the box scores would show single game info only and there would be a way to compile all single games to give season stats. I think people would pay good money for a program like that. It would require no manual inputting of stats, making the tons of online leagues even easier to run.

This is just my wishful thinking. I love the program. Thanks for the hard work. If there is a way to get rid of the season stats, please let us know.

Thanks!!!!

yeah that is something I forgot to mention.. something odd came up in my boxscore from the other game where it says (BS, 1) over top of the pitching line box and not in the Mariano Rivera name box

Thanks for that. I haven't seen a blown save yet. I just fixed it in my code.

For those of you that don't realize that you can do a lot by modifying the boxscore.css file, look at this picture.

I just made a few changes to the boxscore.css file. I attached it also if anybody wants it.

So does that mean will will not be getting the new espn style html?

Ty, this is great. Simple to use and very impressive. I am with Buffa, I as well have an online league with a couple of my friends. I would like to delete the season stats as well. I opened the boxscore.css to see if I could manually change it, but I didn't notice anything that would effect the season stats. In a perfect world, the box scores would show single game info only and there would be a way to compile all single games to give season stats. I think people would pay good money for a program like that. It would require no manual inputting of stats, making the tons of online leagues even easier to run.

This is just my wishful thinking. I love the program. Thanks for the hard work. If there is a way to get rid of the season stats, please let us know.

Thanks!!!!

Do you like the layout that krawhitam made?(based on ESPN.com's boxscores)

http://www.mindwarped.com/boxscore/

In the next version of my program, you will get to choose from the current html file, and one based on the above link.

So does that mean will will not be getting the new espn style html?

I answered your question before I saw it. :)

Actually, right now I'm doing bugfixes. Then I'll add in a couple of little things, then I'll start working on your layout.

If anyone notices any bugs that haven't been mentioned let me know.

I havent tried the porgram yet, but I'm very excited about using it. I really like the espn look and it will fit nicely with Rich's MVPSavReader.

Yea, the two programs should somehow be integrated. Don't know if Richk is interested though.

now all we need is someone to make a program that has old school Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann doing the highlights from the games and then creating the sportscenter boxscore overlay... :D

but seriously... great job ... i cant wait to start using this...

hopefully rick will be up for it... the combination of the two programs would be outstanding...

I answered your question before I saw it. :)

Actually, right now I'm doing bugfixes. Then I'll add in a couple of little things, then I'll start working on your layout.

If anyone notices any bugs that haven't been mentioned let me know.

ty, I just played a 12 inning (complete) game and still got the 'No Game Log'. I've read through the thread and found a post talking about it, but I really didn't see the fix.

Sorry, but maybe I just missed it. :roll:

@ edm

I'm a huge fan of Rich's program too, so you'll definately have to try this one out. To integrate the two would be fantastic.

ty, I just played a 12 inning (complete) game and still got the 'No Game Log'. I've read through the thread and found a post talking about it, but I really didn't see the fix.

Sorry, but maybe I just missed it. :roll:

@ edm

I'm a huge fan of Rich's program too, so you'll definately have to try this one out. To integrate the two would be fantastic.

That's not fixed yet. I've determined that the problem is that the game occasionally doesn't record an at-bat in the game log. So in the next version I will output the game log even if it is incomplete.

Ty, I think that boxscore is better. I find it more like the boxscores you see everyday. One thing I did notice is that it still keeps a running total of extrabase hits along with team and pitching records. For those that need single game stats only, will be slightly effected by that. i hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes. I am just trying to help.