short season projector (allows you to play a short season)

tywiggins

This program will allow you to advance to the playoffs when using a shortened schedule.

It allows you to advance to the playoffs by updating the standings based on winning percentage to give each team the correct number of games played. After all of the scheduled games for a league have been played, run the program. Choose which level(MLB, AAA, AA, A) you want to update the standings for. After you run it, all of the teams at that level should have the correct # of games played. (162 for MLB, 144 for AAA, 140 for AA and A) This will let you advance to the playoffs.

The next version will also update the stats.

You need .NET Framework 2.0 for this program to work. Get it from microsoft.com/downloads

you say after all the scheduled games for the league have been played then run the program, if all the games have been played doesnt that = 162 games therefore not making the season short? or am i reading it the wrong way?

You can edit the schedule files inside the schedule.big file. For example: I removed all of the games after the all-star game from the mlb162_1.dat file that is inside the schedule.big file. I then started a new dynasty. I simmed to the all-star game. After the all-star game, I ran my program and updated the standings for all of the MLB teams. After I ran the program, all of the mlb teams had Wins + Losses = 162 , even though they only played the first half of the season. (If you don't run my program and you have a short schedule, then the game won't let you get to the playoffs)

I have a question. I have a dynasty that I am roughly 40 games into. I haven't done anything to the schedule, so it's the stock 162 game schedule. Can I still shorten the schedule and advance to the playoffs?

Thanks,

Pat

I have a question. I have a dynasty that I am roughly 40 games into. I haven't done anything to the schedule, so it's the stock 162 game schedule. Can I still shorten the schedule and advance to the playoffs?

Thanks,

Pat

You can't edit the schedule while it's in progress.

If you want the players stats(and team's winning percentage) to remain the same, here's what you can try. Run my exporter program. Then sim all of the games that are on the schedule. Then run my importer program to set all the stats and everything back to what they were when you ran the exporter. Then run the shortseasonprojector to update the standings for all leagues. I would suggest saving to a new slot, and then loading the new savedgame. Then try to advance to the playoffs. Hopefully it lets you get to the playoffs. (I haven't tried this yet)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

question. probably dumb, but eh.

is there a specific place it must be run from or does that matter at all?

and i can't wait for the version that projects stats :D

and finally, how would one go about creating their own short schedule? i'd love. eh, i'll begin to search the forums after i hit the submit button.

you guys are freaking awesome.

• 1 month later...

Same question as I've noticed that the readme file and your first post state that a newer version where stats are projected will be released.

BTW, I ran the program before I tried to advance to the playoffs, which worked just fine-When is a BAD time to run the projector. BTW, I love this and the sch. updater. MAN o MAN.

Same question as I've noticed that the readme file and your first post state that a newer version where stats are projected will be released.

BTW, I ran the program before I tried to advance to the playoffs, which worked just fine-When is a BAD time to run the projector. BTW, I love this and the sch. updater. MAN o MAN.

It might crash if a team hasn't played any games, so don't run it at the beginning of the season.

I haven't begun working on the newer version yet. I would like to get back to it eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea tywiggins ..... this is a mod I will put to use very often since I typically play only a 54 game schedule then the All-Star game which I have created ..... I bypass (but don't delete the remaining games after the All-Star break which I hope is OKay to do with your mod ..............

Thanks,

Don

You can edit the schedule files inside the schedule.big file. For example: I removed all of the games after the all-star game from the mlb162_1.dat file that is inside the schedule.big file. I then started a new dynasty. I simmed to the all-star game. After the all-star game, I ran my program and updated the standings for all of the MLB teams. After I ran the program, all of the mlb teams had Wins + Losses = 162 , even though they only played the first half of the season. (If you don't run my program and you have a short schedule, then the game won't let you get to the playoffs)

So, the first part of your post makes me think I don't have to play all 50 games of my 50 game schedule. But your first post says after all games have been played. Must all games be played or were you saying in your first post after all games that have been played that you wanted to play?

I have a strange problem where I'm using a 50 game schedule and want to advance so that I can run your program. Do you think that I need to NOT play the last game, just run your program before that fiftieth game, so that I can avoid this:

Ok I just played my last game of the season.

How do I get around this problem? Should I use the projector program and not play that last game at all? Once the game was over I clicked and it kept saying One playoff game has been scheduled for Sept. 30th. I clicked on maybe 50 times and it wouldn't go away.

:headache:

So, the first part of your post makes me think I don't have to play all 50 games of my 50 game schedule. But your first post says after all games have been played. Must all games be played or were you saying in your first post after all games that have been played that you wanted to play?

I have a strange problem where I'm using a 50 game schedule and want to advance so that I can run your program. Do you think that I need to NOT play the last game, just run your program before that fiftieth game, so that I can avoid this:

Are you able to minimize the game when it says a playoff game has been scheduled?

I'll do a little testing on this.

have not tried that but will right now.

EDIT: Yes sir.

Edit 2: ok, I'm supposed to minimize and use the program is what another member told me. Sorry.

I'll wait until there is further development in this program. No matter how long it takes. I can play some COD2 and BF2 until you get the time to come back to this. Thanks for the help with all programs.

Ok so I have the day off tomorrow and now all of a sudden I want to play this game badly.

Is there a dollar amount of a donation that could draw your attention away from your MVP Editor toward this program so that it updates player stats?

If so, how much?

Ok so I have the day off tomorrow and now all of a sudden I want to play this game badly.

Is there a dollar amount of a donation that could draw your attention away from your MVP Editor toward this program so that it updates player stats?

If so, how much?

I wouldn't be able to finish it in time for your day off. But, I think that if you gave me the number of games played for each team, I would be able to go back and project the stats of the players even after you went on to the next season.

Also, something that I noticed was that with evil1182's 50 game schedule, the number of games for each team is, I think, between 53 and 57.

1. too much work for you.

2. I do maybe need to shut up. There is no difference between me and someone asking WHEN'S THE 06 MOD COMING OUT!??!! at this point.

3. I do maybe need to shut up.

5. I'll use it when it comes out for the next season. Besides, its only 50 or so games away from now.

Archived