• Created
  • Last Reply

home run record in 15 years:

1. A-Rod/Pujols

2. Pujols/A-Rod

3. Hank Aaron

4. Willie Mays

5. Ken Griffey Jr.

*Barry Bonds has been removed from the record books for using performance enhancing drugs between 1999-2004.

*The same goes for Albert Pujols

Uh, folks, remember that Griffey was supposed to be the all-time leader in home runs by now. It didn't happen.

Until Pujols gets to 655, no one should bring it up. He's great now, but he's probably at least 2 years older than his reported date, and he could decline like Griffey had.

There's just no way to know.

Uh, folks, remember that Griffey was supposed to be the all-time leader in home runs by now. It didn't happen.

Until Pujols gets to 655, no one should bring it up. He's great now, but he's probably at least 2 years older than his reported date, and he could decline like Griffey had.

How can you say that Pujols is probably at least 2 years older than his reported date? Have you seen any evidence at all that his reported birthdate is not correct?

Wiggins, I agree with Emil...Most likely he is older than his reported

DOB. That's just how alot of these latin players use their age to get

signed younger, for more money and etc..etc.. Look in the last 2 years

there have been quite a few of these players who either got busted or

simply fessed up. Julio Franco for one. If you look at a rookie card of

his to one from the last few years, you'll notice a correction on his

DOB. Hmm...make you wonder

Wiggins, I agree with Emil...Most likely he is older than his reported

DOB. That's just how alot of these latin players use their age to get

signed younger, for more money and etc..etc.. Look in the last 2 years

there have been quite a few of these players who either got busted or

simply fessed up. Julio Franco for one. If you look at a rookie card of

his to one from the last few years, you'll notice a correction on his

DOB. Hmm...make you wonder

I think you are agreeing with Sean O not Emil.

But just because Pujols is a latin player, is not evidence that he lied about his age. About 25% of players in the MLB are from latin american countries. Just because we know a few lied about their age, doesn't mean they all did.

Remember Pujols also plays the "least demanding" position, 1st base. This wil increase his chances of not getting hurt. It will also lengthen his career. Think about how many times Griffey got hurt playing the outfield.

lol what a joke. :roll: I love the people who keep brining up this b/s about Pujols' age. They've done all the research possible and he's exactly the age he says he is. Good lord. He didn't have facial hair his freshman year in high school in Kansas City so... lol.

I've been gone awhile, so I missed this thread.

1) "Albert Pujols is just as big as Bonds": Not true. Albert is solid, built like a football player. Has been since high school. Barry Bonds was built like Chipper Jones for the better part of the 1980's and 90's and now has the body of a body builder/aging body builder. There is a difference from an atheletic build and a muscle build. Pujols has a athletic build whereas Bonds has more of a muscle build.

2) "Ken Griffey Jr. was supposed to break it": True, but the fact that he isn't doing it has less to do with skill and more to do with luck. Griffey plays a far more strenious position in CF, putting his body through a full range of motion on almost every play. This eventually wore on his body and caused him to miss the better part of the last 4 seasons. However, when he is in the lineup, his offensive production stays true to it's older pace.

Any player can come on to freak accidents or a stretch of bad injuries that will limit their production. However, if Mickey Mantle can hit over 500 homeruns spending much of his career in CF with bad legs and arms, I'd have to believe that a man that will be the fastest ever to 300 homeruns has a shot.

3) "Albert Pujols is actually older than his DOB": Possibly. But who cares? If he is actually 27 (which I don't believe he is), then he probably has 13 more seasons left in him. If he finishes up this season hitting 55 homeruns, that leaves him at 258. He would have to hit an average of about 38 Homeruns a season, a figure that is his career average. That's assuming he doesn't blitz the single season record this year. A 74 homeruns season this year would give him 277 for his career. That sets him in around 36 homeruns for the next 13 years. Again, do-able.

Do I think he will set the all-time record? No, I don't...simply because it doesn't mean anything to him like it does to Bonds.

The age questions for Pujols are a myth that really have no basis on anything. If Lebron James came from San Salvador, people would say he was 25 because of his size, maturity and skill.

Pujols' swing and stance are what will keep him consistent. He has a career batting average of balls put in play of over .300. Meaning, if he hits the ball in an at-bat, it finds some green to land down in. He strikes out only 50 to 60 times a year. His swing rotates the ball upwards with backspin, as opposed to Bonds and Griffey who catch the ball with the bat and fling it out of the park. Pujols hits a line drive, but the backspin keeps it in the air longer.

I don't believe he'll break the record, but to belittle him because of it is ridiculous. He's going to go down as the greatest Cardinals player of all-time (sorry Stan). We haven't seen his best season yet. This may be it, or it may be not. If this is his best season, I'd imagine we'll see another one similiar to it in the next 5 years.

I'd imagine in the next 15 years, we are looking at:

1. Hank Aaron

2. Alex Rodriguez

3. Barry Bonds

4. Babe Ruth

5. Albert Pujols

6. Willie Mays

7. Ken Griffey Jr.

pujols hasnt actually hit his prime, i believe. the guy is a beast, he has hit 30+ homers every year he has played. it is just ridiculous. the guy is gonna break the record, hopefully the single season record too. at least that way, there wont be so much controversy.

• 2 weeks later...

i feel bad for pujols. he really had a chance to do it fairly and shred some controversy. and his team is gonna need some help big time. he is a huge bat. not only does he hit homers, but he hits well over .300 and can field well.

Archived