Bonds Vs. Pujols

aaronuconn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pujols hasnt actually hit his prime, i believe. the guy is a beast, he has hit 30+ homers every year he has played. it is just ridiculous. the guy is gonna break the record, hopefully the single season record too. at least that way, there wont be so much controversy.

One season is completey different from a carieer.

what are you trying to say? the guy has been consistent so far, and even though griffey took an unlucky turn for the worst, i still think pujols could be one of the greatest when all is said and done.

what are you trying to say? the guy has been consistent so far, and even though griffey took an unlucky turn for the worst, i still think pujols could be one of the greatest when all is said and done.

All I'm saying is that it's way too early to put Pujols 2nd on the All-Time HR list. No doubt he is a great ballplayer. 5 years isn't so much when you look at the guys who are having 20-year careers. He may get injuyred later in his career, just like Bonds is today.

*Barry Bonds has been removed from the record books for using performance enhancing drugs between 1999-2004.

any league/ divisional championship titles and statistics for the new york yankees between 2002-2005 have been removed from the record books for players (giambi and sheffield) using performance enhancing drugs. :twisted:

Thank you Ram, if that happends to Pujols, same with the Yankees!!!!

no problemo. you can't pick and choose what stays and goes. being a lifelong giants fan i hate to admit it but, if barry is guilty then YES his statisitcs should have an asterisk or wiped out. BUT, if one goes then they all have to- no matter who it is. something i haven't heard mention of from the media or MLB. i'm not picking on the yankees- just proving a point.

Nice posts HardCoreLegend and RAM. Most things in life aren't about what is right and wrong as it is about being fair. If a batter takes performance enhancement drugs and improves his stats because of it thereby passing a lot of great players who either did not take them or weren't even sober at the plate ... well it wouldn't be fair to those great ball players. And I thought baseball was all about history and is supposed to be America's past time sport.

Bonds vs. Pujols ... Pujols will end up with one more homerun for his career :lol:

Archived