10 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - Perfect
    • 2- Great
    • 3 - Not Bad
    • 4 - Work On It

ownermodebanner6ka.jpg

April 11th, 2006 Game 7

New York Yankees (4-2) vs. Kansas City Royals (4-1)

PITCHING MATCHUP

santanapettitte7ta.jpg

Pitching Duel Favors Yanks Thanks To Andy’s Gem

Andy Pettitte (2-0) loves being a Yankee. It showed as he tossed a four hit shutout against the 4-1 Royals last night. He fanned six without letting a man reach base by walk. Although he lost the game, Johan Santana (1-1) matched wits with Pettitte throughout the night, going 7.1 innings, allowing just two runs (both in the fifth) on eight hits, walking three and fanning an impressive seven Yankees. The only run support was an Albert Pujols RBI sac fly in the fifth with the bases loaded, and an Alex Rodriguez RBI single the next pitch. Pettitte had one impressive statistic that occurred at the end of the game: he struck out the final five batters he faced, and retired the last ten in a row.

oalexrodriguez27by.jpg

Alex Rodriguez lines a single up the middle to score the second Yankee run.

osaulcrawford29pb.jpg

Saul Crawford steals his second bag of the game.

oandypettitte1xm.jpg

Andy Pettitte deals in the ninth inning. He seems to have found new life being back with the Yankees.

Scoring Drive

Bot 5: Pujols SF RBI, Rodriguez RBI single

INCOME $337,406

oscoreapril11th7ac.jpg

TRANSACTION UPDATE

The Yankees have aquired C Todd Greene from San Diego in exchange for C Curtis Thigpen. While Thigpen was 22 years old as opposed to Greene at 37, the Yankees are looking for a seasoned veteran with a good arm and success against lefty hitters. After hearing the news, Joe Torre replied, "Curtis is a good prospect, but Greene has the experience and leadership we need. And though he will be backing up, he will be more valuable when he fills in."

yeah. i realized that the players didnt have clear problems in the game unless i was using the edit player option (to change glove color, socks, etc.) or playing in the game. so i took off helmet reflections before the clear started showing up, works like a charm. the reflections of the helmet were annoying anyways lol.

ownermodebanner6ka.jpg

April 19th, 2006 Game 14

[New York Yankees (8-5) vs. Toronto Blue Jays (8-4)

PITCHING MATCHUP

kazmirmccarthy2ux.jpg

Yanks Bring Brooms

Today the Yankees rolled over the Toronto 4-1 in a game that could have swayed either way at times. In fact, it looked like the Yankees were going to relinquish their lead.

Scott Kazmir (2-1) locked in with Brandon McCarthy (0-1) and did not allow a run through the first three innings. But then Albert Pujols opened the floodgates with a leadoff home run, his fifth of the year, which soon followed a run scored due to an error and a Preston Wilson RBI single to take a 3-0 lead. The only Toronto run came in the sixth with a Scott Hairston RBI single with two outs.

But Kazmir’s 7 inning, one run performance (9 H, BB, 3 K) looked like it was wasted in the eighth inning. He walked off leadoff man Manny Ramirez which prompted Joe Torre to bring in Kyle Farnsworth. He then allowed a Scott Rolen single and walked Jason Giambi to load the bases with no one out. And then, a miracle ensued. He fanned Scott Hairston, and then a line drive to short and one liner to first later, the Yanks had allowed no one to score, with the lead intact. The ninth was not so climactic, as Mariano Rivera retired the side in order for his third save.

oalbertpujols0rp.jpg

Albert Pujols watches a home run fall 450 feet in the left center field stands, breaking a scoreless tie against the Blue Jays’ Brandon McCarthy.

okylefarnsworth8hz.jpg

Kyle Farnsworth comes in through the clutch, fanning Scott Hairston with the bases loaded and one out. No damage was done in the inning, miraculously.

osaulcrawford34aq.jpg

Saul Crawford launches his second career home run (and of the season) off of Sean Burnett in the ninth inning.

omarianorivera1nl.jpg

Mariano Rivera, The Sandman, fans Hanley Ramirez with a 95 mph cutter on the corner.

Scoring Drive

Top 4: Pujols solo HR, S. Crawford single (no RBI), Wilson RBI single NYY 3-0

Bot 6: Hairston RBI single NYY 3-1

Top 9: S. Crawford solo HR NYY 4-1

oscoreapril19th0dh.jpg

INJURY UPDATE

Bubba Crosby strained his left ribcage while moving from first to third on a single by Carl Crawford. He will be placed on the 15-Day DL and Melky Cabrera will come up from AAA Colombus to take the roster spot.

IN THE DOGHOUSE

Preston Wilson has not impressed the Yankees' front office. After tonight's game vs. the Jays, he has a .212 average. He also looks very unhappy being with the team. In fact, GM's from teams around the Majors have leaked reports of the Yankees proposing trades. Taking it up with GM Brian Cashman, he said, "I will let you know when something is up."

One thing I notice about the pictures is how they're always cut off...for instance in 2nd to last image you can't see Hanley's head. The final score image is also cut off.

I was hoping clicking the image would show the "full" image but it just leads me to imageshack's site. Just a minor problem...otherwise everything seems to be going good for that franchise , I don't think you've lost a game yet!

Archived