American Universities

fred13

Hey everyone,

After next year, I will be finished high school and am planning on attending university in the states (I am in Canada right now). I don't have the marks for Ivy league schools but still get straight A's. My first choice would be University of Texas at Austin because I love their programs and campus (and their baseball team :D ) but I was wonderwing what other good schools there are for communications and/or public relations. Any help would be nice, thanks.

For Communications, my alma mater of Northwestern is about as good as you can get. With all-a's it might be possible, but it's practically an ivy.

Look into it, northwestern.edu, it's a tremendous school.

Well I guess my opinion is pretty biased lol, but Im going to go ahead and rep my University.

University of Nebraska.

You said you liked texas, and although we arent the national powerhouse that texas is in baseball YET, we are actually doing pretty decent as of the past 8 years or so. 3 outta the last 5 years we've made the CWS, which also takes place only about 50 minutes away from the campus in Lincoln. I've been lucky enough to go to every game of the CWS since I've been 7, all sports in general in Nebraska are highly followed and praised- LOTS OF DIE-HARD sports fans.

Anyways, the classes are pretty good. The sports are one-of-a-kind. Deffinetly check it out.

My first choice would be University of Texas at Austin because I love their programs and campus (and their baseball team :D )

Do you mean you want to have a baseball team to root for or play for?

That would be two completely different scenarios.

You should consider going to CS-Fullerton as it is an excellent baseball program if you plan on playing but you'd probably want to go elsewhere for academics. You get the weather, the girls and you get the heritage (of saying your school has a bunch of championships and a rich baseball history). People in California love canadians for some strange reason, eh?

You can't go wrong with UT at Austin either but I couldn't bear it whenver if gets hot hot hot. I dig the Texas food and women. But then again, Texas doesn't have what the so called "Mediterranean" weather like in California. If you do a little research on this rare kind of weather in the world, you'd want to stay here too. Then again, the Longhorns are the defending champs. Texas is great or good at just about every sport, too though

Then again, the best thing to do is always seriously factor in what is truly important to you. Going to college is an important decision. I might offering an alternative view where you should probably look outside of baseball when picking your school. If baseball is that important to you, then it shouldn't be a problem. What if your school hits a draught after you enroll?

Archived