MVP 06 FINAL...answers here

Kccitystar

I've been keeping an eye on this thread from when I went to bed last night and up until now when I just got on and played catch up from some stuff I missed earlier today. I thought I was going to have to come in and set straight another newbie who still can't grasp why he doesn't have this mod. But you guys beat me to it with that guy Jenocide. My hat is off to you. Good work. People like that won't listen.

Let me just say thank you to Kraw and Totte and every single person who has worked on this mod. I know that mostly you have been reading posts from people that just do not know any better and probably never will. But there's a large group of us that are not posting these inane questions and we are just waiting for this great work because we know that the people who are working on this are the best. When it comes out, I'll be there. Until then, I wait and read progress reports. Nothing else I need.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people don't realize how hard something is when they aren't doing it themselves. Things take time. Great things come to those who wait and didn't someone once say that Patience is a Virtue? Congratulations to KC, Hory, and everyone else involved with this project as well as every other project on MVPmods. It takes a lot of hard work, skill and especially time. Props to everyone involved. Keep up the great work. :D

Someone should have a list of what will be in the mod that hasn't been included yet and what's available to download.

Hey now. That's a good idea. Off the top of my head, the steps to update it, starting with the beta as a base:

1. Beta '06 MOD

2. "Update" (Phase 1 or something) that put uniforms at 1x to elimiate stuttering

3. Datafile.txt that fixes camera issues

4. Pirate's new Busch Stadium

5. Most updated roster (I'm actually still unclear which version of UR or SS's rosters to use with the '06 mod - meaning the plus versions or not)

6. ...what else?

Hey now. That's a good idea. Off the top of my head, the steps to update it, starting with the beta as a base:

1. Beta '06 MOD

2. "Update" (Phase 1 or something) that put uniforms at 1x to elimiate stuttering

5. Most updated roster (I'm actually still unclear which version of UR or SS's rosters to use with the '06 mod - meaning the plus versions or not)

6. ...what else?

Stadiums I have gotten since the beta:

Citizen's Bank

Coors Field

Petco Park

PNC Park

Dolphin Stadium

Oriole Park

Chase Field

Busch Stadium

Dodger Stadium

don't forget Total Audio as well.

Stadiums I have gotten since the beta:

Citizen's Bank

Coors Field

Petco Park

PNC Park

Dolphin Stadium

Oriole Park

Chase Field

Busch Stadium

Dodger Stadium

don't forget Total Audio as well.

I was actually being slightly sarcastic, since the first post in this topic is basically a list of what you need to add to the beta to update it close to the final version... but I just thought of a reasonable question...

...installing KC's latest uniforms... they are 2x, are they not? Is it just me, or was it decided that 2x uniforms were the cause of the rampant stuttering problems that many people encountered? So... really... why would you install the new uniforms when you'd just have to uninstall them to remove the stuttering... unless you're lucky (or rich) enough to have a fairly top-of-the-line machine. Which many aren't....

...installing KC's latest uniforms... they are 2x, are they not? Is it just me, or was it decided that 2x uniforms were the cause of the rampant stuttering problems that many people encountered? So... really... why would you install the new uniforms when you'd just have to uninstall them to remove the stuttering... unless you're lucky (or rich) enough to have a fairly top-of-the-line machine. Which many aren't....

it is a drivers issue, my son's old PC with a TNT2 video card has no problems with the full 06 MOD.

I have a top of the line video card and had problems when I installed the newest ATI drivers and had to uninstall them.

it is a drivers issue, my son's old PC with a TNT2 video card has no problems with the full 06 MOD.

I have a top of the line video card and had problems when I installed the newest ATI drivers and had to uninstall them.

Ooh crud. I thought I was keeping very up-to-date with all this '06 info without asking a bunch of we-tar-dead questions.... but this one is new to me. That's a bit worrisome. I know way-back-when, there was a plan to make there be an option in the installer for the final '06 mod as to whether or not you wanted 2x or 1x uni's... is that still the idea? Or are people like me gonna have to struggle to find appropriate drivers? I suppose that's not a big deal... it'd be nice to have 2x uni's I'm sure... but I'm worried that my not-so-slightly aging machine might end up having troubles anyway.

I have a 1.15 GHz Athalon (1800+) w/ 1GB of RAM. nVidia GeForce 6200 gfx card with 256mb of RAM. (AGP 4x). Is this a bit underpowered for this type of work... or should I really be okay if I find the right combo of drivers? At the moment I am completely up-to-date... but I remember you saying that "upgrading" to the newest ones once actually hosed you over...?

Was that a real question? If so, go to the download section and view

all the files made by our generous and gifted "modders" They enhance

and update the game, so that it is the way it should have been. Those

improvements are generally referred to as mods, or modifications.

Those that create "mods" are referred to as modders.

Welcome to the site and enjoy! You will have a blast with all of the

great files that are available. Just make sure to SEARCH out your

questions the best you can before creating new threads. Again,

welcome.!

1. Beta '06 MOD

6. ...what else?

I would add 2 things to this. I would recommend patching the game (patch #3 or 5) BEFORE the 1st step and make #2 optional since not all have stutter problems with the mod.

Why is it talk of the 06 project brings out all of the <10 posters?

Well, they're typically the ones that have done nothing but download (and download and download) with no interaction with, or contribution to the community. Until of course, there's something they want and can't have, then it's "gimme gimme gimme".

:)

Well, they're typically the ones that have done nothing but download (and download and download) with no interaction with, or contribution to the community. Until of course, there's something they want and can't have, then it's "gimme gimme gimme".

:)

LOL! TRUE! SO TRUE!

Archived