65 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • USA
    • Argentina
    • Netherlands

Trinidad and Tobago played amazingly...

Are you kidding me? Did we watch the same game?

T&T were lucky and nothing else. Usually, nothing good comes out of moving the defense down into the lap of your own goalie. This game, they caight a break and came away with 1 point. I'm not saying that my precious Sweden played a good game but they should have put the game away in the first half.

Sweden would have won if they'd started Kim Källstrom instead of Anders Svensson. His ballhandling skills are amazing and his left foot would have given us a goal on one of the free kicks :wink:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totte,

I'm sorry, but you have to admit that Sweden played very badly. 11 against 10 players for 45 minutes against Trinidad y tobago!!!

One point that i agree with you: kim kallstrom should have started.

I've watched the game with my sweds friends and they all agree with me.

Totte the world cup is not over!

HEJA SVERIGE!

ALLEZ LA FRANCE! :D

Not really good games today. England vs. Paraguay was really bad, Tobago against Sweden was okay and Argentina has a good game with Cote D`Ivoire.

I'll agree with you on the first two, but Argentina - Ivory Coast was awesome. If on the elephants had a good finisher that would have been a real high scoring, end to end game.

England were shocking but I can't work out who it says more about. The fans who believe they'll win it, or the bookies who had them second favourite behind brazil.

Game 1 for the US vs. Czech Republic will start soon...

The line-ups:

USA

8 G Keller

23 D Pope

22 D Onyewu

7 D Lewis

6 D Cherundolo

21 M Donovan

10 M Reyna

17 M Beasley

15 M Convey

4 M Mastroeni

20 F McBride

Czech-Republic

1 T Cech

6 D Jankulovski

21 D Ujfalusi

22 D Rozehnal

2 D Grygera

10 M Rosický

8 M Poborský

20 M Plasil

11 M Nedved

4 M Galásek

9 F Koller

Only one real forward for each team...let's see how the game goes on...

EDIT:

After 20 Minutes: 0-1

Koller scored on a header in the 5th minute; well deserved lead for the czechs so far!

Halftime: 0-2

Rosicky scored on a nice shot from about 25 meters...Czech Striker Jan Koller left the game because of a pulled muscle.Lokvenc comes into the game to take his position.

Bah...USA down 3-0. I don't want to jump the gun , but this game is over.

Great game with Japan and Australia a few hours ago. Japan was up 1-0 and then Australia goes crazy in 10 minutes to score 3 times. Wow...

They need to broadcast these games on radio because I have absolutely no idea what is going on unless I'm in a Battlefield 1942 server asking what the score is to a bunch of Europeans :D

i cant believe i watched the US vs. Czech Rep. What a joke of a game for the U.S.

Now it gets me to thinking how FLAWED the game of soccer really is. One team scores first, and the other team has NO CHANCE of winning.

On the other hand, it also shows you how overrated the U.S. team is.

i cant believe i watched the US vs. Czech Rep. What a joke of a game for the U.S.

Now it gets me to thinking how FLAWED the game of soccer really is. One team scores first, and the other team has NO CHANCE of winning.

On the other hand, it also shows you how overrated the U.S. team is.

You mean like how australia won today after being down 1-0 all game yet still won 3-1, lol.

1-nil is too easy of a deficit to overcome...now 2-nil , that's something! In World Cup play , teams down 2-0 in the game are 0-74. :roll:

Soccer is too low scoring for me , I'd rather watch ice soccer where they cut the number of players down to 5 for one team on the ice , have padded up goalies who make incredible saves , and fights , power plays , and other exciting stuff. But of course , since this is the time of year when the World Cup rolls around I am obligated to slightly follow the games :)

I'm so glad all these analysts worked up the US to be this terrific team. What a pitiful performance. Czechs were clearly the better team all the way through. I'm definitely looking forward to watching Brasil tomorrow. :)

I love it how you spelled Brasil (not Brazil) the way it's supposed to be spelled. As for USA, don't give up on them just yet. Believe me, they'll make it to at LEAST the second round. But the Czechs are definitely a tough team.

As for USA, don't give up on them just yet. Believe me, they'll make it to at LEAST the second round. But the Czechs are definitely a tough team.

So what you're saying is that Italy won't advance from the group?

Italy played great yesterday...they have surely on of the best defenses in the World-Cup; their goalkepper G-L Buffon is also great! They will advance with the Czechs: I can't see anything for Team USA: Sorry guys...

Togo vs. South Korea is under way in a couple of minutes...

Have you read the news about Togo and their german coach Otto Pfister ?

Just crazy things happening there...all about the money...that's soccer in africa!

I love it how you spelled Brasil (not Brazil) the way it's supposed to be spelled. As for USA, don't give up on them just yet. Believe me, they'll make it to at LEAST the second round. But the Czechs are definitely a tough team.

The USA is NOT going to make it to the second round. You have their coach already bashing individual players.

Landon Donovan is OVERRATED, and he just doesnt match up to the world class players in Europe.

Believe, me i would love for the U.S. to win. But it aint gonna happen because this is not our sport. Americans shouldnt be arrogant in saying we can win the World Cup, because the fact is, we're just not good enough.

Thanks! It took them quite a while to get it in there but they finally managed! You should have heard my scream when they scored :)

LOL! Like a little girl Totte? Back to topic, USA is done. They clearly didn't take it seriously and they are going to pay for it.

Archived