• Brazil
    • Germany
    • USA
    • Argentina
    • Netherlands

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the funniest thing I have ever seen!! (Italy Vs USA)

I have to say that the American coach is very camp!! All he needed was a pink outfit!!! And as for the referee!! Well what can I say I think he was on drugs!! LMAO

Who says soccer is boring!! LOL

I personally think this years competition is wide open with so many country having such good teams. I really couldn't choose a team that deserves to win. Obviously I would like England to win as I'm British but as I say its wide open. May the best team win!!

I hope I dont offend anyone but the American coach made myself and my family laugh so much!! LOL.

Peace :wink:

Even though I'm British I was so pleased for USA. If I were American I'd be very proud of that game!! I actually tipped Italy to win the whole thing at one point!

The American coach reminds me of Big Gay AL from Southpark!!! LOL

To say that game agaist Italy was ugly is an understatement.

The red card against De Rossi for that elbow on McBride - that was a no brainer. I mean the man had blood pouring down his face for Gos's sake!

The red card on Mastroeni - total BS. That was a make-up call if I ever saw one.

Then there was the red card against Pope!

Are you freeaking kidding me?!?!?

Jorge Larrionda needs to be expelled from officiating any further World Cup matches. If FIFA is serious about keeping an eye on the refs and making sure that they call the games fairly, then they need to start with this guy because he ruined the game for everybody. The ref should not be the story, the players should be the story. If the ref has become the story, then he/she didn't do a good job.

And Larrionda did a terrible job today.

The referee was aweful!! I live in England and I've seen some terrible refereeing but tonight was a joke!! I just hope FIFA do something about this guy.

I was so looking forward to this game too!! It was a shame! Good to see all the Americans over in Europe though. :)

Jorge Larrionda needs to be expelled from officiating any further World Cup matches. If FIFA is serious about keeping an eye on the refs and making sure that they call the games fairly, then they need to start with this guy because he ruined the game for everybody. The ref should not be the story, the players should be the story. If the ref has become the story, then he/she didn't do a good job.

And Larrionda did a terrible job today.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll give the side ref credit for the good offsides call on the USA 2nd goal, though. Other than that, an absolute pitiful performance by the refs.

Worst Referee ever.

Good game though, pity the better team (USA) didn't win.

And that crowd was hot, never thought I'd see a pro-USA crowd vs. a European team in Europe.

The 3 red cards were given right; please read the rule-book man!!!

The passive offside, were Beasley colud have scored the game-winner was also correct-it was a pity: I guess the US-Boys want that first game vs. the czechs back like they play Italy...now everything is possible. Ghana is their last opponent in round robin play.

The crowd was just great...

Red-card for De Rossi [a tough defender in Italy, who always plays like this...]was surely pretty ugly.

Red-card for Mostroeni was okay, because that kind he attacked the opponent:The referees are tought, to give in such situations the red card

2nd yellow for Eddie Pope was also okay...If you have a yellow card, you can not attack your oppenent like that-looked for me like a greenhorn playing for the US-wasn't Pope`s first game-really stupid attacking.

BTW: I am from germany...if you wanna know something about the game or the rules, please ask me!!!

The 3 red cards were given right; please read the rule-book man!!!

The passive offside, were Beasley colud have scored the game-winner was also correct-it was a pity: I guess the US-Boys want that first game vs. the czechs back like they play Italy...now everything is possible. Ghana is their last opponent in round robin play.

The crowd was just great...

I'm well aware of the rules of football, given that Mostroeni actually made contact with the ball in the tackle, it was not a offense worthy of a red card, as opposed to elbowing someone in the face and making them bleed.

The referee was not the one who correctly ruled out the Beasley goal, it was the linesman's call. Which was a pity.

ok so with the tie vs Italy, what needs to happen for us to make round 2, is it still possible?

USA has to beat Ghana and Italy has to beat Czech Republic, then Italy and USA advance.

If USA wins and Italy ties, than Italy and Czech Republic Advance.

If USA loses and Italy wins or ties, Italy and Ghana advance

Not sure what happens if Italy loses.

I'm well aware of the rules of football, given that Mostroeni actually made contact with the ball in the tackle, it was not a offense worthy of a red card, as opposed to elbowing someone in the face and making them bleed.

The referee was not the one who correctly ruled out the Beasley goal, it was the linesman's call. Which was a pity.

You are right but: The referees are being tought to wistle very strictly; Mostroeni's Foul looked bad in the replay. You can not attack your opponent by fouling him with both soles of the shoes right to the opponent; if the sole of the shoes had been not directed to the Italian, the referee maybe gave him only a yellow card; but that are the rules...

The ellbow-attack by the Italian was a roud bad foul...that was his last game for Italy at the World-Cup: Fifa will hopefully suspend him for al long time.

BTW: Have you seen how innocent the Italian watched just after the foul? Brian McBride's face full of blood and he looked innocent...

BTW: In every big tournament the referees are instructed how they should wistle; a lot of ref's wistled very striktly and others styles was not very strict.

hello.

Here's hoping my sweden knock germany out 2day!.

Were going 2 b up against it,but if KING MELLBERG can take out klose in the first 10 mins(with a 2footed slide to his knee!),largerback bench Zlatan(there must be a brick wall around goal.lately he could'nt hit the target if he had the atlantic ocean to aim at),Start ELMANDER!.

Anyhoo,the best of the world cup starts now.

P.S:Nice 2 see australia hanging around.

Peace

Iam very sure germany will be the winner , because with this atmosphere around here and the motivation that is given from the crowd to our boys every time they play will get us to the final and there we'll beat brazil 2:1

"Finale ohohohoo Finale ohohohoo"

agreed but some of us hoped the USA would play better than they did , after all they did reach the round of 16 last time. Of course , we all know what happened : the USA ended up 0-2-1 , winless in world cup competition , only scoring 1 goal in 3 games...this from what was ranked the "5th best team" in the tournament according to FIFA. I am very disappointed in the United States' play.

On to more current talk. Both England and Brazil lost today in shocking upsets , neither of which I expected. Brazil was upset by a better French team. Out of the remaining teams , I now root for France to win it all. It would be nice for the home country to win it though.

While watching the Brazil game on ESPN360 , I remembered why I ignored soccer except for the Cup in the first place. As Jogar said several pages back , it's not easy to score in soccer and teams that are up 1-0 usually win...and teams that are up 2-nil have never lost in world cup play. It's a shame that once the opponent scores twice on you , the game is essentially over. Sports like baseball and hockey have 2-0 scores too , but it isn't as difficult for a team to rally and score the tying runs.

Brasilien:

ihr könnt nach hause fahrn, ihr könnt nach hause fahrn, ihr könnt, ihr könnt nach hause fahrn!

goodbye brazil, i hope you had a nice stay, but know leave the field for the deserving teams ;)

i wouldn't have expect it, but i think germany's chances have grown up :)

the closer we are to the finals the better and more interesting the world cup is.

auf gehts deutschalnd kämpfen und siegen! ;)

Archived