Arrrrr! A Pirates Dynasty

storcka9

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucs Rally Comes Up Short; Burnitz Comes Off Slump

game136mk.png

Games Summary:

The bats were on tonight. The scoring happened early and often. It started off in the first when Aramis Ramirez nailed a 2-run shot. The scoring went back and forth until the sixth when the Cubs broke out to an 11-2 lead. The Pirates did not back down as the came out with their own six run seventh where Casey, Bay, and Burnitz went back-to-back-to-back, cutting the lead to 12-9. After a 3-run bomb by Burnitz in the eighth the lead was 14-13 but the Bucs got sent down 1,2,3 by Dempster in the ninth. Everyone in the starting lineup had a hit except the two pitchers.

Scoring:

Ramirez 2-run homerun in 1st

Gerut RBI sacfly in 2nd

Walker solo homerun in 3rd

Gerut RBI single in 4th

Miller RBI sacfly in 5th

Pierre solo homerun in 5th

Murton RBI single in 6th

Cedeno RBI single in 6th

Pierre RBI single in 6th

Walker RBI double in 6th

Lee 2-run single in 6th

Bay solo homerun in 6th

Murton RBI single in 7th

J. Wilson RBI single in 7th

Casey 2-run homerun in 7th

Bay solo homerun in 7th

Burnitz solo homerun in 7th (back-to-back-to-back)

Doumit RBI single in 7th

Walker RBI double in 8th

Ramirez RBI sacfly in 8th

J. Wilson RBI single in 8th

Burnitz 3-run homerun in 8th

Players of the Game:

Cubs:

Juan Pierre 4-5 2B, HR, 2RBI

Pirates:

Jason Bay 5-5 2B, 2HR, 2RBI, 2SB

Next Game: Carlos Zambrano (1-0) vs. Victor Santos (0-1)

ramirez18lh.png

jwilson25ey.png

bay31hc.png

Bay was very impressive today, goin 5-5 is very rare. Very high scoring game. 27 total runs is a ton. It looks like Pierre was the anwser to Bay for Chigago. Going 4-5 with a HR. Tough game, better luck next time. Zambrano will be a handful to hit off of.

Bucs Bats Blown Away 2; Cubs Get the Sweep with a Complete Game Shutout

game148vt.png

Game Summary:

The Pirates were shutout again. This was the second Cubs pitcher to go all nine and shutout the Bucs in the series. The Cubs started off wuickly again today scoring three runs in the first three innings. Then Victor Santos held them scoreless his last four innings he pitched. The big strike came in the eighth when Pokey Reese got caught in a pickle and got tagged out to complete the double play. "I guess we just used all our offense in the game yesterday," said Coach Tracy. The Cubs added on the fourth run in the ninth on a sacfly by Lee.

Scoring:

Lee RBI single in 1st

Walker solo homerun in 3rd

Jones RBI single in 3rd

Lee RBI sacfly in 9th

Players of the Game:

Cubs:

Carlos Zambrano 9IP, 0R, 0BB, 3K

Pirates:

Jeremy Burnitz 2-3 2B

Next Game: 3 Game Series vs. Cardinals

Game 1: Jason Marquis (1-1) vs. Ian Snell (1-0)

casey35rb.png

happycubs7sx.png

Burnitz's Bomb Bites the Cards; Snell Continues to Pitch Well

game157ib.png

Game Summary:

Things started off quietly for both teams until the 4th inning came along. It started off wildly as Albert Pujols got an RBI single and then later ended the inning on a play at the plate. Then Jack Wilson led off the bottom half with a single, followed by two singles from Casey and Bay. Then came up the recently hot Jeremy Burnitz, who nailed a grand slam. "I just got my pitch and, KA-POWI!" said Burnitz after the game. The Pirates tacked on three more runs in the ninth and walked away with the win. Ian Snell pitched extremely well going 8.2IP before handing the ball to Mike Gonzalez for the last out of the game. The only people in teh game without hit were the centerfielders and the pitchers.

Scoring:

Pujols RBI single in 4th

Burnitz grand slam in 4th

Bay 2-run double in 7th

Burnitz RBI sacfly in 7th

Taguchi RBI single in 9th

Players of the Game:

Cardinals:

Albert Pujols 2-4 2B, RBI

Pirates:

Jeremy Burnitz 2-3 HR, 5RBI

Next Game: Jeff Suppan (1-0) vs. Oliver Perez (1-0)

bay47ol.png

burnitz23xp.png

pujols17zw.png

Perez Pitches Well Again; Bucs Look to Sweep the Cards

game166hh.png

Game Summary:

Yet another pitcher's duel in which Oliver Perez comes out the victor. There was no scoring until the eighth inning when Jose Castillo started things off with a two out single. He then stole his league leading eighth base. After the stolen base Jeff Suppan decided to intentionally walk Ryan Doumit. This left a tough decision on Coach Tracy to stick with his dominant pitcher or bring in a pinch hitter. Well his decison to bring up Craig Wilson paid off as he hit a single and Castillo scored. Said Coach Tarcy after the game,"I asked Oliver (Perez) before the inning started what to do if he was to get up and he said to pinch hit so I did." Things got tricky in the ninth though as the game ended on a play at the plate, but Mike Gonzalez did pick up the save. Perez dropped his ERA from 0.39 to 0.29 second to only Brad Radke of the Minnesota Twins who has a 0.00 ERA.

Scoring:

C. Wilson RBI single in 8th

Players of the Game:

Cardinals:

Jeff Suppan 8IP, 1R, 1BB, 4K

Pirates:

Oliver Perez 8IP, 0R, 0BB, 5K

Next Game: Sidney Ponson (0-0) vs. Kip Wells (0-1)

molina10hx.png

castillo33py.png

pujols29bi.png

Ya, I recall you were thinking of benching Burnitz. Good thing you didnt. Aaronuconn you are definitely right. Perez has been sensational. I was paying more attention to the 14-13 slugfest several games ago when I commented on Burnitz. And as for Perez, it seems like the fans of Pittsburgh will get to see a hometown starter for the NL in the All-Star game if he keeps it up. Keep up the good work storcka!

Ya, I recall you were thinking of benching Burnitz. Good thing you didnt. Aaronuconn you are definitely right. Perez has been sensational. I was paying more attention to the 14-13 slugfest several games ago when I commented on Burnitz. And as for Perez, it seems like the fans of Pittsburgh will get to see a hometown starter for the NL in the All-Star game if he keeps it up. Keep up the good work storcka!

It would be nice to pitch with a pitcher I am familiar with in the all-star game but it is going to be fun to see who win in the AL. As of right now bothe Radke and Halladay are 3-0 with a 0.00 ERA for Radke and a 0.32 ERA for Halladay.

Late Inning Heroics Win Game for Bucs; Bucs Complete the Sweep

game173lx.png

Game Summary:

It took eleven innings but the Pirates came out on top. Things were not looking good for the Pirates in the the late innings though. Going into the ninth inning the Pirates were down by one with the dominant Jason Isringhausen in to close the game. Sean Casey led off the inning with a single and was pushed to second on a sacbunt by Jason Bay. Casey was then moved to third on a single by Jeremy Burnitz. Then Jose Hernandez came up and hit a screaming pop fly that landed feet off ending the game but was deep enough for Casey to score the tying run. Casey then came up in the eleventh with one thing on his mind, a homerun, which he got after a hanging fastball from Branden Looper. "It's nice that I get to be the hero this game, and hopefully I can be the hero for many games to come," said Casey after the game. The Bucs bullpen also looked outstanding pitching four innings of scoreless relief (Hernandez 1IP, Torres 2IP, Marte 1IP).

Scoring:

Encarnacion RBI double in 3rd

Wells RBI single in 5th

Encarnacion RBI sacfly in 7th

Hernandez RBI sacfly in 9th

Casey walk-off solo homerun in 11th

Players of the Game:

Cardinals:

Sidney Ponson 7IP, 1R, 0BB, 4K, 3-3

Pirates:

Sean Casey: 2-5 HR, RBI

Transactions:

To give more speed on the bench the Bucs call up CF Chris Duffy and send down RF Jody Gerut

Next Game: 3 Game Series at Houston Astros

Game 1: Zach Duke (1-2) vs. Andy Pettite (0-1)

ponson19zm.png

hernandez22ka.png

casey43yl.png

Archived