Greatest Rappers/Album of all time

i'm not a rap fan but, i am an avid music fan and you have to accept it's here to stay. anyhow- i would have to say:

1) sugar hill gang

2) Run DMC

3) public enemy

4) NWA

without them and a couple others rap wouldn't be here...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still listen occansionally to Sugar Hill Gang best song, "Rappers Delight". Full Version is awesome. "My Adidas" by Run DMC is a great song. Also is song with Aerosmith, "Walk This Way" was sweet. Same with "It's Tricky". NWA's "Natural born Killaz is a good song, same with "Straight out of Compton". Public Enemy's "Rebel Without a Pause" and "Welcome to the Terrordome" are obvious Hits.

Ignore people who hear a few songs from G-Unit or Young Jeezy and think that that is rap. They're ignorant and will always exist cause they'll never actualy check out what they're talking about so ignore 'em.

Some great albums

2Pac - 2Pacalypse Now, All Eyez On Me, R U Still Down?

A Tribe Called Quest - EVERY album, The Love Movement, The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, People's Instinctive Travels...

Aesop Rock - Labor Days (abstract but some great lyrical talent)

Afrika Bambaataa - Looking For The Perfect Beat

Big L - The Big Picture

Big Pun - Capital Punishment

Buckshot & 9th Wonder - Chemistry

Canibus - Hip Hop For $ale

Common - ALL, Like Water For Chocolate, Be, Can I Borrow A Dollar?, One Day It'll All Make Sense, Ressurection

Dr. Dre - The Chronic and any old production stuff

* After D I havn't downloaded much yet other than the albums I own

Gnarls Barkley - St. Elswhere

Ice Cube - Most everything

Jay-Z - Most anything

Kanye West - The College Dropout (which I think will be classic someday), Late Registration

Murs - Murray's Revenge

Nas - Illmatic, Street Disciple, any of the old stuff

OutKast - Speakerboxx, ATLiens

Rick Ross - Port Of Miami (not even out yet)

Royce Da 5'9" - Rock City & Death Is Certain

Scarface - The Untouchable

In my life I've owned 5 rap albums

Bone Thugs N Harmony - E. 1999

Coolio - The one with Gangsta's Paradise on it

Master P - Ghetto Dope

Notorious BIG - Life After Death

Weerd Science - Friends and Nervous Breakdowns

So I guess you can add any of them to anyone's list as "the greatest" if you want to.

I dont really listen to CD's seeing as most of the time CD's are crap ( I download online) but my fav CD's are Notorious B.I.G. Ready To Die , Nas illmatic, Canibus 2000 B.C., Big L The Big Picture.

Below is a list of rappers who I think are the G.O.A.T. (MY Opinion) to the right are some tracks i recommend from the artist

1.Notorious B.I.G (Ready To Die)

2.Rakim (Lyrics of Fury)

3.Big L (Devils Son)

4.Kool G Rap (ill Street Blues)

5.Canibus (2000 B.C.)

6.Chino XL (Lyrical Jesus)

7.Eminem (Dont Give A F*ck)

8.Nas (NY State of Mind)

9.Ras Kass (Nature of The Threat)

10.Immortal Technique (The Prophecy)

And for those ignorent people who where bashing on rap, dont you have anything better to do? IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CURRENT SUBJECT THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, YOUR OPINION MEANS NOTHING !

I dont really listen to CD's seeing as most of the time CD's are crap ( I download online) but my fav CD's are Notorious B.I.G. Ready To Die , Nas illmatic, Canibus 2000 B.C., Big L The Big Picture.

Below is a list of rappers who I think are the G.O.A.T. (MY Opinion) to the right are some tracks i recommend from the artist

1.Notorious B.I.G (Ready To Die)

2.Rakim (Lyrics of Fury)

3.Big L (Devils Son)

4.Kool G Rap (ill Street Blues)

5.Canibus (2000 B.C.)

6.Chino XL (Lyrical Jesus)

7.Eminem (Dont Give A F*ck)

8.Nas (NY State of Mind)

9.Ras Kass (Nature of The Threat)

10.Immortal Technique (The Prophecy)

And for those ignorent people who where bashing on rap, dont you have anything better to do? IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CURRENT SUBJECT THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, YOUR OPINION MEANS NOTHING !

****, I forgot to mention 2000 BC

THE BEST RAPPPERS OF ALL TIME ARE FROM SWISHAHOUSE/SWISHABLAST ALSO SPM SOUTH PARK MEXICAN

REPPIN THA 210

I wouldn't say he's the best of all time, or the best at any point for that matter. He's decent.

Wasn't he jailed last year for being a paedophile or something?

Eminem is a great rapper period. It has nothing to do with him being white.

That is very true, I was just saying he IS the gretest White Rapper, like a lot better than vanilla ice. Everyone should listen to his song with Dr. Dre called... The Showdown. It is very awesome.

Heres my favorite Albums of all time in order...

1. 2Pac-All Eyez On Me

2. Dr. Dre-The Chronic

3. Nas-Illmatic

4. N.W.A-Straight Outta Compton

5. Ice Cube-AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

6. Eric B. & Rakim- Paid in Full

7. Jay-Z-Reasonable Doubt

8. Eminem-The Marshall Mathers LP

9. 2Pac-Me Against The World

10. The Notorious B.I.G.-Ready to Die

11. Run D.M.C.-Raising Hell

12. Kanye West-The College Dropout

Favorite Mixtape-The Game- You Know What It Is Vol. 3

I know how old you are with this list.

That is very true, I was just saying he IS the gretest White Rapper, like a lot better than vanilla ice. Everyone should listen to his song with Dr. Dre called... The Showdown. It is very awesome.

If you go by albums sold he is the greatest. White rappers with more talent than Eminem, off the top of my head right now..

Aesop Rock

7L & Esoteric

There are alot of rappers that have more talent if you take it to an acapella, but Eminem is the most popular because of good advertising techniques so he can get on tracks with more skilled producers. Aesop Rock has a much better flow but doesn't get on alot of great producers cause of a small label. 3rd Bass might even be better than Eminem. Be honest, part of why you like Eminem is because of the sound effects after every line. He's like the white Young Jeezy. He has a few good tracks but most of the reason he is popular is because the **** is so wierd.

Archived