I don't believe what I just saw...A 1988 Classic Mod.

tebjr

Hey everyone,

I've been racking my brain for something to add to the site other than at the message boards, and I've finally decided to attempt my favorite season of all time, 1988.

What I'm wanting to do is try to get accurate rosters, unis, stadiums, portraits, cyberfaces, and possibly some cts screens from that season. I've already started on the rosters, and I hope to have a preview of the Orioles this weekend.

My question is are there any modders out there who would like to help? As far as unis, stadiums, and cyberfaces, I am as lost as they come. Anything you can offer would be appreciated. I hope this is a mod that everyone would enjoy. Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JoeyMc,

Any help would be appreciated. I'm having trouble finding some good pics for uniforms. There are some of the unis already in the game, but if you could find some good pics of the A's and Giants from that season, that would be a big help.

He probably got those pictures in the same place I have them. They are in a book called "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century" by Marc Okkonen. It should hopefully be available at B. Daltons, Waldenbooks, Borders or any of the other chains that has a sports book section. If not there then perhaps you could find it online at Amazon or eBay if it's not out of print.

I used Chris Creamer's logos for my classic unis. I thought they were just fine. Large, hi-res...just have to use the magic wand tool to get rid of background color and you're set. If you don't know what site it is, it's:

www.sportslogos.net

Id be interested in helping to do jerseys, ive just started making jerseys, so i would be glad to help in any way shape or form.

...but, why 1988 lol, the astros had stopped using the rainbow jerseys!!

joke lol

Thanks tom-nyy-26. We could use the help. I've sent you a pm. I've also sent you one JoeyMc. I've got a way you can help with the rosters, if your interested.

Well, I'm still in the middle of some minor league unis, but I'm willing to do some unis for this as well. Check out my downloads if you haven't seen my work yet.

That would be great. Like I said, I know nothing about making unis. Just let me know when your ready. Thanks.

Archived