A sign God does not exist or he has a wicked sense of humor!

DJEagles

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Maddux he was referring to me. I just check out baseball.com, and there is a thread about the same news article postd. I actually read it off of giraffecycle.com. I think I offended Tidal with the "title" of the thread.

i was talking to you, djeagles. But when I said I was shocked about the title of the thread, I was talking about on baseball.com. I find the article actually funny and ironic. My bad, next time I'll clarify

I 100% beleive in God, but God doesn't work like that. At least thats what I think.

God doesn't have to prove anything. This guys sounded like he needed a miracle for him to believe in God. God isnt about seeing, its about believing.

That's what faith is all about.

That is very well put, NYM. Very well put. I'll save your quote.

Yeah is comforting to believe in a person that lives in the sky who possesses magical abilities looking over us.

He must had been taking a dump when this guy went nuts

Dude, don't knock someone's faith. That's pretty damn pathetic.

I 100% beleive in God, but God doesn't work like that. At least thats what I think.

God doesn't have to prove anything. This guys sounded like he needed a miracle for him to believe in God. God isnt about seeing, its about believing.

That's what faith is all about.

couldnt be more true, good post

It seems to me that this person was testing G-D for his own selfish purposes. G-D does not take kindly to this. I would have actually been surprised if he had survived without injury.

Actually G-D commanded Israel in the Scriptures (I believe it is in Deut.) saying... "do not test G-D".

Very interesting thread. I love to read all the differing opinions on this subject. I too believe in God, but I personally don't believe that you need to accomplish goals or tasks while you live this life. My personal belief is that you can only come to God the Father, through the Son, who also is God. I also believe that if it is possible to achieve heaven through deeds that we as man do ourselves, why is God needed? If we can earn our way to heaven/utopia, then why would Jesus die for our sins? I believe the the Bible is clear, in that it states that the way to heaven is a narrow path, and many will not choose that path. That path is through Christ Jesus. This is what I believe. I am not putting down anyone else's beliefs. I think everyone has a valid opinion and I respect that. Don't flame me for being a believer in Christ...I was merely adding to the thoughts about if you believe in God and why.

Very interesting thread. I love to read all the differing opinions on this subject. I too believe in God, but I personally don't believe that you need to accomplish goals or tasks while you live this life. My personal belief is that you can only come to God the Father, through the Son, who also is God. I also believe that if it is possible to achieve heaven through deeds that we as man do ourselves, why is God needed? If we can earn our way to heaven/utopia, then why would Jesus die for our sins? I believe the the Bible is clear, in that it states that the way to heaven is a narrow path, and many will not choose that path. That path is through Christ Jesus. This is what I believe. I am not putting down anyone else's beliefs. I think everyone has a valid opinion and I respect that. Don't flame me for being a believer in Christ...I was merely adding to the thoughts about if you believe in God and why.

well said. i believe that people go to heaven by predestination, not because of how you act here in the earth. of course, if you're one of those whose name is not in the book of life, then if you cross the line you will not be in heaven.

I'm agreeing with NYM. Maybe if the guy shouted "God will save me!" insead of adding "...if he exists", he would have been saved. It sounded like he didn't believe that God existed, hence, he was killed.

About a year ago, when my dad quit his company and moved to another for more freedom (own website, free advertising, etc.), it took almost eight months for him to get back on track. It was very frustrating - for him, and for the rest of the family - but he stuck with it. There was a time when he had to pay to go to work - just to keep the building space and supplies. He didn't recieve a paycheck for five months, even after all his hard work.

But he didn't give up. He would always pray that things would work out right. He never doubted God for what was happening. Instead, he had faith that eveything would work out fine. He believes that everything happens for a reason. Including my 6-year straight sucky baseball team. We just gotta stick with it. There sure is a lesson to be learned there.

Good post bud.

-dan

I agree Dan. Although I do not attend church every week, I believe in a higher power. I pray, and I try to instill good christian beliefs in my son. People have ups and downs in their lives, but your religious beliefs are the one thing that remains constant.

There has to be something else out there. I don't judge God based on all the hate in the world today. "Hate" and "terror" and "War" are not made by God, the are made by man. We can't blame God for all the killing in the world, he didn't do it, we did.

My philosophy is as follows: Live your life, make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and strive daily to be a better person to yourself and to others. Do those things and your life has meaning, and will continue to have meaning long after your gone from this Earth. That's all God wants.

Sorry guy's, I just find it very hard to believe in an all knowing, all seeing, all powerful omnipotent super being, that sits by and does nothing while children are starving to death, being born with AID's, addicted to crack,or being abused in so many differents ways. NO child deserves to suffer in any way!

My opinion always has been, if you have the power to stop something bad from happening, and you refuse to use it, for any reason, then you're just as guilty as if you caused it yourself.

Sorry guy's, I just find it very hard to believe in an all knowing, all seeing, all powerful omnipotent super being, that sits by and does nothing while children are starving to death, being born with AID's, addicted to crack,or being abused in so many differents ways. NO child deserves to suffer in any way!

My opinion always has been, if you have the power to stop something bad from happening, and you refuse to use it, for any reason, then you're just as guilty as if you caused it yourself.

you see, this is where people are wrong, imo. what does God have to do with wat people bring upon themselves. i understand your point about kids dying and starving, but their parents brought that upon them and God is not obliged to change that. he cares for those who care about him, and unfortunately most people nowadays dont give a crap about him.

I thought he was supposed to be all forgiving.

He sounds pretty vengeful, if he acts like that.

"You dont believe in me so screw you."

Personally my view is that religion is great at setting down morals, but people can live equally good lives without believeing in god. It is also good to help people through tiomes of struggle like Dan said, but equally many athiests get through the bad times equally well. I am strongly against any rules that are out dated, like circumcision or not eating pork - I know these are Jewish/muslim rules but the point stands. They were sensible in the desert thousands of years ago, but are now irrelevent.

Personally I dont need a higher being to help me live teh right way, or get me through the bad times, although I aknowledge that if i had faith, it might be easier.

But they do say there were no athiests on th eTitanic, which I think sums it all up pretty well.

you see, this is where people are wrong, imo. what does God have to do with wat people bring upon themselves. i understand your point about kids dying and starving, but their parents brought that upon them and God is not obliged to change that. he cares for those who care about him, and unfortunately most people nowadays dont give a crap about him.

Not all parents brought these things upon there children. Some (if not most) did, or do, the best they can with what they have. Yet these children still suffer. As far Him caring for those who care about Him. Alot of these children are far to young to have decided what there beliefs are going to be.

I thought he was supposed to be all forgiving.

He forgives those who have accepted Jesus Christ as ther savior, and are truly sorry for there sins.

I live in house full of Christians, so I've had these debates many times.

He forgives those who have accepted Jesus Christ as ther savior, and are truly sorry for there sins.

I live in a house full of Christians, so I've had these debates many times.

Sorry about this post. I clicked "quote" instead of "edit", and couldn't figure out how to delete it.

Dont know if anyone posted this, but this is like the story of the man who drounded in a flood. Here's the story:

There was once a man who's town was being overrun by water, and prayed that the Lord would save him. When the water was only a few inches high, a neighbor drove up to his shouse, and asked if he wanted a ride out of town, and the man replied that he was fine, that God would save him. Then whan the water was about ten feet high, someone with a boat offered him a ride to safety, and the man replied that he was fine, but that his God would save him. Then the waters got so high that he had to seek refuge on his roof, and once there, a helichopter flew over him, and a man came down the winch and offered to help him to reach higher ground, and yet the man insisted that he was fine, and that God would save him.

The man eventually drowned, and when he stood before God, he asked, "Why didn't you rescue me Lord?" and the Lord replied:

"I tried, I sent three people out to rescue you, and yet, you didn't want to be saved."

The moral of this story is that God did protect the man who was attacked by the Lions, he (God) gave us the intelegence to build fences and cages to keep us and others safe, all we have to do is to not climb them.

FYI: I am born again if anyone's curious, and I'd be glad to try to tackle any questions you may have.

medric, i totally agree with your post. imo, God gave us the free will to do wat we see is best for us, in other words to create opportunites and take advantage of the ones that are given to us. sometimes we forget that God is wanting to help is in the person of a child, a elderly, or anybody else. we as humans are always waiting for big miracles to happen, when sometimes the biggest of them come in the littlest forms.

-jon-

Archived