Next Year is Here; A Chicago Cubs Dynasty

krazeekatcher7

No, I hadn't thought of that. But its sounds like a great way to make this dynasty more realistic. Would I have to go to "Edit player" to do that?

Yes. Edit them, and I say make them lower than 50. Possibly even move the pitcher injury slider a couple notches.

Cards Win Wild One in 11 at Wrigley

Fundamental Mistakes, Baserunning Blunders Cost Cubs

game4final0og.png

How they Scored:

Cardinals 2nd: Edmonds Solo HR

Cubs 5th: Blanco Solo HR

Cardinals 6th: Eckstein 2-run HR

Cubs 7th: Ramirez 2-run HR

Cardinals 11th: Rodriguez 3-run Double

Cubs 11th: Nevin Solo HR

Cubs 11th: Ramirez RBI Single

Player of the Game: John Rodriguez 2-5, Game Winning 3-run Double in 11th

Recap:

It was a wild afternoon at Wrigley Field in a game that featured HRs by unlikely canidates and clutch hitting late in the game. Unfortunately the St. Louis Cardinals came out on top 6-5.

Jim Edmonds kicked off the scoring with a 2nd inning opposite field HR off Cubs starter Greg Maddux. Cubs backup catcher Henry Blanco, getting the start to give Michael Barrett a day off and a chance to work with his familiar battery mate of Maddux, evened the game up with a solo shot in the 5th. In the 6th, Sidney Ponson led off with a double and was followed by David Eckstein, who hammered a pitch down the left field line into the bleachers to give the Cards a 3-1 lead. In the bottom of the inning, Derrek Lee led off with a double to set up Aramis Ramirez. Ramirez launched the first pitch he saw onto Waveland Avenue to tie the game at 3-3. Both starters pitched great, as Ponson pitched 7 IP allowing 3 Runs, while Maddux pitched 6 IP allowing 3 Runs. Both teams had chances in the late innings, but neither team capitalized, and the game went to extras and the stage was set for the 11th.

David Eckstein led off the 11th with a single to center off Will Ohman. Ohman was replaced by Scott Williamson, who got Juan Encarnacion to fly out. Albert Pujols singled and Jim Edmonds flied out to left to bring up Hector Luna with runners on first and second and 2 outs. Luna hit a routine ground ball to the right of shortstop Ronny Cedeno, who had a play at third but bobbled the ball for an error, allowing everyone to be safe. John Rodriguez followed with a towering fly ball off the ivy in left field that cleared the bases and gave the Cardinals a 6-3 lead. Phil Nevin led off the bottom of the inning with a pinch-hit homerun to cut the deficit to 6-4. Juan Pierre singled and stole second to bring up the tying run in Todd Walker. Walker struck out and the next hitter Derrek Lee drew a walk. Pierre and Lee then pulled a gutsy double steal to put runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out and Ramirez at the plate. Ramirez singled to center, scoring Pierre, but Lee was gunned down by Edmonds at the plate. Ramirez was also thrown out at second base by Yadier Molina when he tried to advance.

Notes: Jacque Jones fouled a pitch off his ankle in the 2nd and left the game. He is out for 2 days with a bruised ankle. Scott Rolen left the game on a diving play he made in the 6th. He is out 9 days with a pulled groin.

Next Game: The Series Finale as Wade Miller (0-0) faces Chris Carpenter (0-1)

jedhr3bh.pngblancohr8up.png

ecksteinhr2rm.pngramirezgametyinghr6mp.png

lunasafe1fm.pngnevinphhr3ov.png

Your Suggestions are welcome and thank you for all your support :D

Why would you sit Murton against lefties? He hits them better than righties. It's especially weird to sit him in favor of Mabry who struggles against lefties.

Here's a look at their attributes in the game. I think you will be as surprised as I was:

murtonmabrycomparison8xb.png

I know it doesn't really make sense but Mabry is better in the game. Playing him allows me to get his bat into the game and to give Murton a day of rest.

Cubs power past Cards 5-4

Ramirez does it all in Win

game5final3jz.png

How they Scored:

Cubs 1st: Lee Solo HR

Cubs 1st: Ramirez Solo HR

Cubs 3rd: Ramirez RBI Double

Cubs 5th: Ramirez Solo HR

Cubs 6th: Murton Solo HR

Cardinals 8th: Eckstein 2-Run HR

Cardinals 9th: Luna 2-Run Triple

Player of the Game: Aramis Ramirez (3-4, 2 R, 3 RBI, 2B, 2 HR)

Recap:

The Cubs used a quartet of homers tonight to power past the Cardinals 5-4. Aramis Ramirez was the hero tonight, doing it with both his bat and his glove. His first home run was the tail end of back-to-back homers from Lee and Ramirez. He added an RBI double in the 3rd and another solo shot in the 5th. Matt Murton also hit his first home run of the season. Wade Miller was dominant throughout the ballgame, giving up only a 2-out, 2-run homer to David Eckstein in the 8th. Miller finished with 8 IP and allowed only 2 R. The Cards threatened in the 9th with Hector Luna ripping a 2-out 2-run triple that scored Albert Pujols and Jim Edmonds. Yet Ryan Dempster recovered and induced Yadier Molina into a groundout to first to end the game and earning him the save.

Notes: Tony Womack suffered a pulled hamstring and was placed on the 15-day DL. Freddie Bynum was called up from Triple A Iowa to take his roster spot.

Next Game: Cincinnati comes to town as Carlos Zambrano (1-0) faces Bronson Arroyo (0-1)

lee1stinninghr5dj.png

ramirezlaysout2ho.pngeckhr6ff.png

Remember: I am completely open to any suggestions and ideas about this dynasty or my game by game summaries. Please let your thoughts be known. Thank you to all the people following this dynasty. I really appreciate it. :D

Cubs edge past Reds 3-2

Great Outing From Zambrano; Great Day by Lee Contribute to Win

game6final9tw.png

Reds: 2 Runs 8 Hits 0 Errors

Cubs: 3 Runs 8 Hits 0 Errors

How they Scored:

Cubs 3rd: Pierre RBI Double

Cubs 4th: Lee Solo HR

Reds 8th: LaRue RBI Single

Cubs: 8th: Lee RBI Double

Reds 9th: Kearns RBI Single

Players of the Game: Derrek Lee (3-4, 2B, HR, R, 2 RBI, SB)

Carlos Zambrano: (8 IP, 2 R, 5 H)

Recap:

Carlos Zambrano and Bronson Arroyo engaged in a pitcher's duel, with Zambrano going 8 strong innings and Arroyo 7. Juan Pierre picked up the 1st RBI of the day for the Cubs when his 3rd inning hit rolled into the center field ivy for a ground-rule double. Derrek Lee was the offensive star for the Cubs, going 3-4 and falling a triple shy of the cycle. Once again, alot of damage was done in the late innings by the opposing team. The Reds picked up a run in the 8th on several hits and threatened in the 9th. They added another run in the 9th on 4 hits and had the bases loaded with 2 outs when Matt Kata came to the plate. He lined out to Aramis Ramirez to end the game.

Next Game: Mark Prior (1-0) vs. Eric Milton (0-0)

pierrerbi2b7ew.pnglee4thsolosho2vf.png

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thank you to all the followers of this dynasty.

i wouldn't lower prior durability that much. Most of his injuries come off of freak accidents, like being hit by a line drive and running into Marcus Giles

edit: i would also raise wood's like 10, otherwise he'll get injured every start. That would be no fun.

Cubs edge Reds in Twelve 5-4

Three Game-Tying Homers, Neifi’s Game-Winner win it for the Northsiders

game7final3mu.png

Game Totals:

Reds: 4 Runs 13 Hits 0 Errors

Cubs: 5 Runs 12 Hits 1 Error

How they Scored:

Reds 2nd: LaRue RBI Double

Reds 3rd: Dunn RBI Single

Cubs 3rd: Pierre RBI Sac Fly

Cubs 5th: Cedeno Solo HR

Reds 6th: LaRue RBI Triple

Cubs 6th: Lee Solo HR

Reds 11th: Phillips RBI Single

Cubs 11th: Mabry Solo HR

Cubs 12th: Perez RBI Double

Player of the Game: Juan Pierre (2-5, RBI, 3B, Game-winning Run in 12th)

Recap:

The Cubs used three game-tying home runs and a walk-off double by Neifi Perez to beat the Reds 5-4. Jason LaRue had a big day for Cincy with an RBI double and an RBI triple. Adam Dunn added an RBI single in the third. The Cubs trailed 2-1 in the 5th until Ronny Cedeno launched his first homer of the season to even up the score. When the Reds took the advantage again in the 6th, Derrek Lee came up in the bottom half and hit his 3rd HR to tie the game at 3-3. The Reds nearly took the lead in the 9th inning, but pinch-runner Quinton McCracken was gunned down at the plate by Juan Pierre trying to score from second on Felipe Lopez's 2-out single. Reds manager Jerry Narron was ejected arguing the call. The Cubs left two men on base in each of the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings. The Reds took the lead in the 11th when pinch-hitter Brandon Phillips laced an RBI single to right. The Cubs answered in the bottom half when John Mabry hit his first home run of the season to tie the game up at 4-4. Scott Williamson tossed a perfect twelfth for the Cubbies. In the home half, Juan Pierre smoked a 1-out triple into the right-field corner to bring up Neifi Perez. With the infield drawn in and the outfield shallow, Neifi hit a deep fly ball that Austin Kearns could not catch up to and Pierre trotted in from 3rd for the winning run.

Next Game: The Cubs go for the sweep as they send Kerry Wood (0-0) against lefty Dave Williams (1-0)

cedeno9bk.pngleetyinghr0sc.png

mccrackenoutathome1lk.pngnarrontossed8nb.png

mabry4gw.png

tidalwav90 brought up again the issue of prior and wood's injury sliders. I think I will keep Wood's at 30, because after all, he has had some kind of conflict after each one of his starts this year. Next game will be my first start with Wood after changing his sliders so we'll see what happens. Tidalwav, you have a point about Prior, but he's had 2 freak injuries (giles collision and hawpe liner) but hes also had several mysterious shoulder and elbow problems that occured in spring training. What do you guys think I should do with Prior's durability ratings?

Cubs Sweep away Reds 9-2

Offensive Explosion in 8th helps put away Cincy

game8final6cx.png

Totals:

Reds: 2 Runs 9 Hits 0 Errors

Cubs: 9 Runs 16 Hits 0 Errors

How they Scored:

Cubs 2nd: Ramirez RBI Single

Cubs 3rd: Lee Solo HR

Reds 4th: Lopez 2-Run HR

Cubs 5th: Walker RBI Single

Cubs 5th: Nevin RBI Single

Cubs 8th: Walker RBI Sac Fly

Cubs 8th: Lee RBI Double

Cubs 8th: Ramirez RBI Single

Cubs 8th: Murton 2-Run Single

Player of the Game: Derrek Lee (3-4, 3 R, 2 RBI, BB, 2 2B, HR)

Recap:

The Cubs completed the sweep against the Reds by taking the final game against Cincinnati 9-2. Kerry Wood picked up the win, pitching 6 innings and allowed only 2 runs, both on a homer by Felipe Lopez. The Reds nearly scored in the first inning, but Felipe Lopez was thrown out by Matt Murton trying to score from second on Ken Griffey Jr’s single. Derrek Lee, Aramis Ramirez, Todd Walker, and Matt Murton each drove in 2 runs. The Cubs led 4-2 until a 5-run eight inning off Cincy reliever Travis Chick. Freddie Bynum led off with a single and a stolen base and moved to third on Pierre’s bunt single. Pierre stole second, then moved to third on Walker’s sac fly that scored Bynum. Lee followed with an RBI Double, Ramirez with an RBI single, Jacque Jones doubled to left moving Ramirez to third, and Murton singled to bring them both in. Homer Bailey then took over and induced a 4-6-3 double play from Ronny Cedeno, who was the only starter besides Wood who did not pick up a base hit. The Cubs improved to 5-0 against Cincinnati on the season.

Next Game: The Cubs begin a 3-game series against the 3-8 Pirates in Pittsburgh. Game 1 features Greg Maddux (0-0) vs. Oliver Perez (0-2).

lopezoutathome7vc.pngs4thhomeroftheyearinthe3rd6ww.png

dunngreatgrab8sn.pngnevinrbisingle7vt.png

Thank you to all the followers of this dynasty. All Suggestions are Welcome. Im still thinking about what I should do with Mark Prior's durability ratings. Should I keep it at 40 or should I turn it up a little?

Pirates take opener 3-1

Great Pitching from Perez, Costly Errors sink Cubs

g9final5ua.png

Game Totals:

Cubs: 2 Runs 4 Hits 2 Errors

Pirates: 3 Runs 7 Hits 0 Errors

How they Scored:

Pirates 8th: Bautista, C. Wilson scored on Walker's 2-run Error

Pirates 8th: Burnitz RBI Single

Cubs 9th: Lee Solo HR

Player of the Game: Oliver Perez (8 IP, 3 H, 5 K, Winning Pitcher)

Recap:

Oliver Perez dominated the Cubs lineup tonight as the Pirates beat the Cubs 3-1. Both Perez and Cubs starter Greg Maddux posted zeroes until the bottom of the 8th inning. Joe Randa began the inning by reaching on Ronny Cedeno’s error. Jose Bautista came in to run for Randa. He moved to second on Humberto Cota’s groundout. The Cubs intentionally walked pinch-hitter Craig Wilson to set up a double play. Scott Williamson took over for the Cubs and Jack Wilson then singled off him to load the bases. Sean Casey then hit a weak groundball to Cubs shortstop Ronny Cedeno. Cedeno threw to 2nd baseman Todd Walker to begin a potential double play, but Walker’s throw to Derrek Lee sailed over his 6’5’’ frame, allowing Bautista and Craig Wilson to score and Casey to go to second. Jason Bay singled, advancing Casey to third. Will Ohman came in the game with the mission of retiring Jeromy Burnitz. Burnitz had other ideas, however, and he blooped one into left field to score Casey. In the 9th inning, Roberto Hernandez allowed a long 2-out home run to Derrek Lee. Unfortunately for the Cubs, there were 2 outs and the bases were empty. Hernandez retired Aramis Ramirez to end the game and earn the save.

Brief Note: Derrek Lee has homered in each of the last 5 games.

Next Game: The Cubs look to get even as they send Wade Miller (1-0) against Kip Wells (1-0).

jb65tx.pngleesolohrin9th2outs2aa.png

So what does everyone think so far? I haven’t received any feedback or suggestions in a while. I am also still debating what to do with Prior's injury sliders.

Cubs play longball to win 6-1

4 Homers and Solid Pitching lead to defeat of Bucs

game10final9nt.png

Game Totals

Cubs: 6 Runs 8 Hits 0 Errors

Pirates: 1 Run 8 Hits 0 Errors

How they Scored:

Cubs 3rd: Pierre Solo HR

Cubs 4th: Ramirez RBI Single

Cubs 4th: Barrett 2-Run Homer

Pirates 4th: Gerut RBI Double

Cubs 6th: Ramirez Solo HR

Cubs 7th: Perez Solo HR

Player of the Game: Aramis Ramirez (2-4, 2 RBI, 2 R, HR)

Recap:

The Cubs evened up their series against the Pirates with a 6-1 win thanks to great pitching and 4 home runs. Juan Pierre stunned the crowd at PNC Park by hitting his first home run of the season in the 3rd inning. In the 4th, the Cubs offense struck again. Derrek Lee hit a leadoff triple and scored on Aramis Ramirez's single. The next batter, Michael Barrett, hit a 2-run homer to score Ramirez and give the Cubs a 4-0 lead. The Pirates only run came in the bottom of the 4th on Jody Gerut's 2-out RBI double off Wade Miller that scored Jason Bay. The Cubs added some more runs in the 6th, as Aramis Ramirez hit a towering fly ball out for his 4th home run of the season. More surprise thunder came in the 7th, as pinch-hitter Neifi Perez ripped a pitch over the 21-foot right field wall to give the Cubs a 6-1 lead. Wade Miller pitched a terrific game for the Cubs, going 6 innings and allowing 1 run on 6 hits. Sean Marshall pitched 3 scoreless innings in relief, striking out 3 and earning his first big-league save.

Note: Juan Pierre currently leads the majors in stolen bases with 7; following him are two familiar faces: Corey Patterson of Baltimore and Scott Podsednik of the White Sox both have 6.

Next Game: Carlos Zambrano (2-0) vs. Ryan Vogelsong (0-0) in the rubber game of the series.

shr3re.pngbarretthr4eg.png

baysafeondouble0os.pngaramskyward9vo.png

Thanks to all the followers of this dynasty. Your suggestions and comments are welcome.

Due to my upcoming limited access to my computer, my lack of significant free time, and the unknown interest level of this dynasty (I havent recieved any comments in a long time, but the views seem to be there), I have decided to temporarily discontinue posting this dynasty. If enough support generates for the return of game recaps and scores, I will start it up again. Until then, goodbye for now, and thanks to all the people who followed this dynasty.

Archived