An exhibitionists dynasty

MarkB

I just finished an absolute monster of a game. I've still to sort it out, get the boxscore correct and do all the rest of the normal routine, but I won't be doing it tonight - the Thunder game is starting, and I'm going out at 5am, so look for it tomorrow night. But I'll say this - I started this game at 10:05pm and finished it at 23:40pm. The longest, both inninnings and time, game that I've ever played - and a massive contrast to the Clippers game earlier.

Unbelievable, honestly. :coffee:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished an absolute monster of a game. I've still to sort it out, get the boxscore correct and do all the rest of the normal routine, but I won't be doing it tonight - the Thunder game is starting, and I'm going out at 5am, so look for it tomorrow night. But I'll say this - I started this game at 10:05pm and finished it at 23:40pm. The longest, both inninnings and time, game that I've ever played - and a massive contrast to the Clippers game earlier.

Unbelievable, honestly. :coffee:

heh...i read about this in another thread. i had it happen to me once before as well - started it believing i had plenty of time and sure enough it ran well over the time i alloted for it (was waiting for the Giants game to start) :D think mine was a 20 inning contest - not 100% though...way to stick with it!

Kevin Reese sneaks into first base before his arm is crushed...and he completes the game.

snap0064xg.png

oh my god I don't even know why but I just completely burst out laughing when I read this caption. I've thought the same thing many times watching replays of that kind of situation. LOL!

excellent stuff Mark. Thought I'd drop by and say hi. Funny enough I still have messages in my inbox from a certain MarkB dating back over a year discussing stadium modding and my my, not surprisingly, you did a splendid job on waterfront. Outstanding, ties-in quite nicely with this whole "non-dynasty" idea, so nicely I might have to try this myself soon.

sfgiantsflgators: You have no idea how close I was to quitting the game, taking a pile of screenshots, and calling it a rain delay, then resume the game using the scenario editor. I told myself that if no-one had scored at the end of the 18th, I would do it, but I still had a few minutes before the show started and tried to get the 19th inning in. Ended up alt-tabbing out to start the recording.

RaptorQuiz - Glad you like the captions. I'm trying to use ones that are serious and give a good account of the play, but are also humourous. :)

Hey kamasutra, good to see you around - I can still remember your Waterfront Park for 2004; Trenton logo and YES Network logos in the outfield included! Thanks for the comment on Waterfront - chances are that I wouldn't have done the stadium without your 2004 mod. That was a main reason I became interested in the minors.I'm going to try and get some more done in the next few days, but it won't be tonight - I've already been awake for over 30 hours, and I'm just about starting to lose some of my faculties. :D

Thanks for the comments as always, guys. :)

lol get some shut-eye will you. ..and the feeling is mutual, nice to hear from you again and see that you're enjoying the game & doing good.

(honestly though your waterfront put mine to shame by a mile :wink: )

Edit: and oh, did i mention how much i like the title of your thread (lol). Attention grabbing & a nice play on words.

Sleep = good. :D

If you liked Waterfront Park before, wait until the 2006 version is released. ;) Using the removable.o file really increases the possibilities tenfold with no phantom advertisements.

Ironically enough, I didn't think of "exhibitionist" in that way until after I had made the thread. Made me wonder if someone would have checked out the thread hoping for nude players, umpires and crowds in the game screenshots. :lol:

Ironically enough, I didn't think of "exhibitionist" in that way until after I had made the thread. Made me wonder if someone would have checked out the thread hoping for nude players, umpires and crowds in the game screenshots. :lol:

that would be moi.

Hey, what's going on, are your players on strike? Rain delays? Don't make me regret bookmarking the thread (lol)

There's no phantom ads in 05? wow, that's a big step up 04.

Yeah, removable.o really makes a huge difference.

More games to come, I've just been busy working on the park and keeping strange sleeping hours. Been playing an inning here or there to test the stadium more than playing full games. I'll see if I can fit a game in later on tonight. :)

Altoona Curve @ Trenton Thunder (Click link for boxscore.)

In a frustrating game for Trenton, Altoona starter Nerio Rodriguez held Trenton down until it was too late as the Curve took a 4-1 victory over Trenton at Waterfront Park after a big 7th inning against former big-leaguer Jesus Colome.

As Altoona visited Waterfront Park for the second time in 8 days, they hoped for a better result than they got last time as Trenton held onto a 3-2 win in the late innings on the 17th of June. They got the better result they hoped for.

It all started off very quietly for Thunder starter Danny Borrell and Curve starter Nerio Rodriguez as both scattered harmless hits through the first 5 innings. Altoona took a 1-0 lead in the top of the 6th as Borrell tired when Rajai Davis walked with 1 out, then was chased home on a single from Ray Sadler and a double from Adam Boeve before Borrell regained his composure and induced a ground out from Paul Chiaffredo and a fly out from Vic Buttler to end the inning and Borrell's night, as his final line showed 6 solid innings and just 1 run on 4 hits with 5 strikeouts.

Trenton immediately looked to tie the game as Randy Ruiz and Justin Christian singled with 1 out around an Eric Duncan strike out, then advanced to 2nd and 3rd on a pickoff error by Nerio Rodriguez before Felix Escalona flew out to end the inning.

Former Tampa Bay Devil Ray Jesus Colome started the 7th, relieving Borrell, after being picked up as a free agent by the Yankees. His Thunder debut didn't go well, as he allowed a home run to right field on his first pitch thrown, then 2 doubles from Craig Stansberry and Rajai Davis. He pitched just the one inning, allowing 2 runs on 3 hits and increasing the Altoona lead to 3-0.

Trenton then tried to get a hold on the game before it slipped away and clawed a run back as singles from Kevin Howard, Brett Gardner (who went 3 for 5 with 3 bunt singles) and Bronson Sardinha singled to negate the Yurendell DeCaster home run in the previous half-inning. The Howard and Gardner singles, as well as Gardner's 2 stolen bases in the inning and Gabe Lopez's walk, were charged to Nerio Rodriguez before Landon Jacobson allowed the single to Sardinha.

The Curve extended their lead again, this time to 4-1, as Charlie Manning relieved Jesus Colome and was met by 2 hard hit balls from Adam Boeve and Paul Chiaffredo for a double and a single. He closed the inning on a double play from Vic Buttler and a ground out from DeCaster, but the Curve already had all the runs they'd need to seal the win.

The Thunder attempted to apply some of their magic again in the 9th inning, but couldn't get enough momentum against submariner Brady Borner. Vince Faison pinch-hit for Omir Santos and flew out for the first out before Brett Gardner got on base again with another bunt single, then stole his 3rd base of the day, cementing his rating as the fastest runner in the Yankees minor league system. Lopez then flew out and Bronson Sardinha was caught looking at a questionable third strike to end the game.

Notes:

Good game, but annoying. I was seeing Rodriguez very well and was controlling the tempo of my at-bats well, but just couldn't pull the trigger on the occasions when I needed the runs. As a matter of fact, I saw all of the pitchers well, even the 2 submariners, Jacobson and Borner. 129 pitches thrown through 9 innings, and I got 1 run. Yuk.

I could get used to having Brett Gardner on the team. 3 bunt singles, 3 stolen bases. The game actually scored him 2 for 4 and left one of the AB's as a non-completion ("Did not complete plate appearance"), but I corrected the box score.

Justin Christian lines a single to right field in the bottom of the 2nd.

snap0013kb.png

Bronson Sardinha's first at-bat of the game.

snap0026fk.png

Randry Ruiz's first at-bat of the game. (Both are noted because of the 17 pitches I made Rodriguez throw, 13 of them were on Bronson and Randy's at-bats.)

snap0039hi.png

Eric Duncan's first at-bat of the game. (I just liked this at-bat.)

snap0041ut.png

Brett Gardner lays down his first bunt single of the day in the 5th inning.

snap0051ia.png

Nerio Rodriguez's pickoff throw in the 6th goes into center field.

snap0108rx.png

Brett Gardner wishes he had brought his cape to the ballpark as he slides into third base with his second steal.

snap0150up.png

Curve third-baseman Yurendell DeCaster eats the ball as Gardner gets his 3rd bunt hit of the night.

snap0261ms.png

Kevin Howard, Felix Escalona and Justin Christian wonder how this one got away from them.

snap0294hf.png

you made him throw 17 pitches in 2 at bats? (jaw drops) man you're patient lol

Colome: hate him, everytime I pick him up he does crapola for the team (this is since 04) lol

129 pitches thrown through 9 innings: again, whoaaa... that's minor league for you (and your patience).

Great recap, sorry it didn't go so well. Definitly, you need to pull the trigger more lol.

Real interested in knowing the exact settings you use, specifically fouls, balls by cpu etc.. and datafile if any.

Even though it was a hard loss, gotta admit you battled and it must of felt like a great game.

Altoona: Hate em even more than Colome (lol). They were my nemesis when I was playing with Harrisburgh. They've got a great team in r/l, good farm system for pits.

edit: gotta say i love the caps you take. That Yurendell DeCaster pic is pretty sweet and also the captions lol => Brett Gardner wishes he had brought his cape to the ballpark

Well, 17 total in the first inning, 13 were on the Sardinha and Ruiz AB's.

Yeah, I hate Colome too. Last time I played against him was with the Yankees and he killed me with 2 innings of hitless relief, struck out 4 guys, IIRC. Yet his control is so bad and his velocity so good that it results in homers like that DeCaster at-bat. First pitch fastball, gone.

I';ll post my sliders later on. I use a custom datafile, but only the camera angle has changed from the EA stock. No gameplay changes.

It was a good game and I did enjoy it, despite taking the L. I don't mind losing, as long as it's a good game and I was patient, which can be a problem sometimes.

Altoona do have a pretty good team. I think Nerio Rodriguez was with their AAA team for a while in April or May, I'm sure he pitched against the Clippers.

Glad you like the caps. :D Maybe I should draw a cape on Gardner. With the speed he has and his bunt hit ability, he'll be stealing and bunting a whole hell of a lot for me. He's doing pretty well with Trenton for real as well. With him, Christian and Lopez on the team, it will be very interesting to see how the Thunder's season pans out. Lopez has great discipline at the plate (I think he's 3rd in the Eastern League in walks) and Christian and Gardner are 2 of the fastest guys in the Yankees farm system.

Might do some more work on the park now. :lol:

He's doing pretty well with Trenton for real as well. With him, Christian and Lopez on the team, it will be very interesting to see how the Thunder's season pans out. Lopez has great discipline at the plate (I think he's 3rd in the Eastern League in walks) and Christian and Gardner are 2 of the fastest guys in the Yankees farm system.

Might do some more work on the park now. :lol:

do you get to see many Trenton games? How's the atmosphere there?

Maybe soon, you'll see Randy Johnson there the way he's pitching :p

Yeah, going back to work on park is a good idea, just curious, do you work from pics you took?

as for long games, longest i went was 21 innings, back in 04. And I can't believe my old expos dynasty is still up lol

Well, I live somewhere around 3000 miles away from the park, so I don't get out there often. :lol: Randy's an enigma. Pitches very well one day, pitches like an elephant with a glove the next.

I work from various sources. I started off using pictures from the fan photo gallery on the Thunder website just to get an idea of what the ads were and to read the text, then I'd do some searching and creation via PSP8. Recently, the Thunder photographer who does the fan shots has started using high-resolution images, which means much better quality, and I can start to use actual clips from the photos rather than create images manually. The recent addition of the White Eagle Printing sign was proving to be a pain because I couldn't replicate it, but a photo was posted a week or so ago with a good shot of it, so I ran perspective correction in PSP, cropped it, resized it and stuck it into the stadium. Looks absolutely excellent, in my opinion. :D

Harrisburg Senators @ Trenton Thunder (Click link for boxscore.)

In a game filled with errors - umpiring, baserunning and fielding - action and animosity, Trenton battled Harrisburg for 5 innings before a big home run from Justin Christian put the Thunder ahead for good as they won 7-4 at Waterfront Park.

Matt DeSalvo took the start for Trenton and left the game with a very mixed bag of results. After retiring the Senators on just 5 pitches in the first inning, he sweated in the second and had to work his way out of a jam as he allowed 2 singles and an error by third-baseman Kevin Howard loaded the bases, but he induced a ground out from Scott Hodges to prevent any rules from scoring.

Trenton then went looking for some payback in the bottom of the second as they threatened Senators starter Kyle Denney with 2 singles from Randy Ruiz and Felix Escalona. Justin Christian reached base as well as Randy Ruiz was forced out at third base. Kevin Howard batted with Christian on third base after a steal and Escalona on first base, but could only chop a weak grounder to shortstop Josh Labandeira to force Escalona out at second base on a close play. Bill Masse emerged from the dugout to question the second base umpire about the call, but the umpire was having none of it.

However, the game was opened up in the third as the Senators plated a run on John Wilson's double and Brendan Harris' single. The benches were warned when Dee Haynes was hit on the helmet by a Matt DeSalvo pitch after the 3rd pitch of the at-bat was way up and in, forcing Haynes to back off of the plate before the 4th pitch hit him. Harris' single came in the next at-bat, and the Senators took a 1-0 lead going into the bottom of the 3rd.

Again, Trenton tried to get some revenge in the bottom of the inning, but fell short once more. Brett Gardner got his first bunt hit of the day before stealing second base with 1 out, but Gabe Lopez grounded out and Bronson Sardinha skied a hard fly ball to center fielder Kenny Kelly which was grabbed on the warning track.

DeSalvo dispensed with the Senators quickly in the top of the 4th on just seven pitches before Trenton went on the attack in the bottom of the 4th.

After Randy Ruiz flied out to open the frame, Eric Duncan took a walk before Justin Christian struck out to leave Duncan on first base with 2 outs. The Thunder rallied, as is their 2006 custom, and got hits from Felix Escalona and Brett Gardner (both singles) as well as Kevin Howard and Omir Santos (both doubles) to plate 4 runs on 3 hits as Denney's pitch count took a rapid turn for the worse and Trenton took a 4-1 lead.

Not to be outdone, the Senators had an answer for the Thunder in the top of the 5th as they tied the game up quickly. Matt DeSalvo struggled to end the inning and fatigued straight after Kenny Kelly's fly out to open the inning as he walked John Wilson and Christian Guerrero back-to-back to get himself into trouble - although he didn't get much help from the home plate umpire, as both batters started off with 2-0 counts as DeSalvo worked the strike zone well but didn't get the calls. Dee Haynes then doubled before Brendan Harris cleared the bases with a much-disputed triple as Harrisburg scored 3 runs in the half-inning. As Harris shot the ball to right-center field off of the Lukoil sign, Brett Gardner grabbed it and made a good throw to cut-off man Gabe Lopez. Lopez then fired the ball to third baseman Kevin Howard, who appeared to tag Harris on the right forearm as he slid into third base, but wasn't given the call and Harris was called safe. Bill Masse emerged from the dugout again, this time raging at the ineptitude of today's umpiring crew, and was ejected by the third base umpire. Masse made sure he got his money's worth though, as he remained in the face of the umpire for quite a while after being tossed. DeSalvo escaped further trouble as he then got 2 quick outs from DeMent and Ortiz to end the inning.

As if the game didn't already have enough intensity, Trenton provided more in the bottom of the 5th. Bronson Sardinha started the inning with a walk and ended up with a steal of second base as Randy Ruiz couldn't make contact on a hit and run, but catcher John Wilson's throw was off-line anyway and Sardinha cruised into second base. Eric Duncan then singled to put men on the corners for Justin Christian. Christian, not known as a power hitter by any stretch of the imagination, started the at-bat looking for a ball to drive to the outfield to score Sardinha from third base, but ended up handling a fastball right down the middle from Denney and drove it 425ft away to right-center field off of the Roma Bank sign for a 3-run shot to give Trenton a 7-4 lead.

Jeff Kennard opened the top of the 6th inning in relief of Matt DeSalvo, who was charged for 4 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings of work, but took the win, despite registering aa 7.20 ERA in the game.

Kennard allowed a leadoff double to Josh Labandeira before striking out Scott Hodges, then allowing a single to Kelly, but then decided to stick with his much-improved fastball and ended the inning, with some help from Kevin Howard on a sharp liner to third base, by retiring Wilson and Guerrero.

Trenton went down quietly in the 6th, despite 2 hits. Jeff Kennard continued his outing in the top of the 7th, and quickly made his name known as he made sure that Dee Haynes knew that he had a 95mph fastball that he could locate well, as he buzzed Haynes off of the plate in the first at-bat of the 7th. It worked, though, as Haynes didn't look comfortable at all in the batters box, taking 2 bad swings before grounding out. Harris and Ortiz then singled around a Dan DeMent fly out before Labandeira grounded out to end the inning on a nice play by Felix Escalona to prevent a run scoring.

The Thunder threatened yet again in the bottom of the 7th, as an error by first baseman Brendan Harris and a double from Justin Christian woke up Kevin Gryboski, but he limited Felix Escalona to a short flyout to left field and a groundout from Kevin Howard closed the inning.

Affiliated baseball rookie Scott Patterson relieved Jeff Kennard and allowed 2 singles in the top of the 8th, but wasn't in serious trouble and didn't allow a run. Trenton's final assault came in the bottom of the 8th, but a bad inning prevented them from extending the lead. Omir Santos walked to open the inning and was pinch-run for by Vince Faison by intirim manager/veteran hitting coach Ralph Dickenson after Masse's ejection. Brett Gardner then slapped down another bunt single to move Faison to second base. Gabe Lopez then struck out as he tried to punch a ball to the right side, but failed. Gryboski then seemed to get incredibly nervous of Faison at second base and made 5 consecutive pickoff throws to second base. After 1 pitch to Sardinha, Gryboski then went to second base again and Vince Faison was called out on yet another blown call by the second base umpire. Gryboski then turned his attention to Gardner at first base who stole second base on a pitchout to Sardinha. The throw from catcher Wison went to center field, but Gardner, who had slid into second base, attempted to stretch his luck by going for third base and was tagged out by 10 feet by third baseman Scott Hodges in a rare correct call by a base umpire.

Closer Justin Pope entered the 9th, and earned the save by striking out Harris on 4 pitches, then getting ground outs from DeMent and Ortiz to finish the game.

Notes:

Good game, very varied, but some of those calls really bugged me. The annoying part is that I have blown calls turned off, yet they still can't make a correct call. Grr....

Had to edit the HTML again to give Brett Gardner his correct H/AB numbers. For some reason, the game doesn't like bunt base hits. Maybe I should ask Brett to recode the game. At least he'll do it correctly. ;)

I was incredibly shocked by that homer from Justin. I was looking for a curveball to drive as that's what Denney had been throwing in the big spots, but he must have thought he could get a fastball past Christian and he turned on it. Excellent! :D

I wasn't happy either with Dee Haynes crowding the plate, as is evident. Ironically enough, I was trying to brush him back in that third inning on the previous pitch, but with the count at 1-2, I wanted to put him away on the next pitch with a slider on the outside corner. Well, that didn't happen, I missed the location and it just flopped up and caught him on the head. Oops. ;)

Yes, I forgot to remove Faison as the catcher in the 9th. :p

Bill Masse's eventful day begins with a brief conversation with the second base umpire on the Escalona force out in the 2nd.

snap0058jx.png

Eric Duncan likes the support from his manager.

snap0061yw.png

Kevin Howard smacks a liner in the 4th.

snap0119kd.png

Eric Duncan crosses the plate on Howard's double.

snap0127ll.png

Dee Haynes probably should have been hit with this pitch as well...the ball passed straight through his left elbow, quite miraculously.

snap0139le.png

Gabe Lopez looks on as Kevin Howard knows he got the out at third base.

snap0145bz.png

Jason Brown catches a warming-up Jeff Kennard in the background as Bill Masse shows why he's one of the more charismatic managers in the Eastern League.

snap0153fg.png

And shows it again...

snap0167lw.png

And once more for good measure.

snap0172ko.png

The Thunder dugout aren't happy with the call, or Masse's ejection, either. (Why Charlie Manning is in the dugout baffles me. He should be in the bullpen! Thank God I didn't choose to have him relieve Matt DeSalvo.)

snap0187lf.png

Sardinha is hung out to dry by Randy Ruiz, but still manages to steal second base.

snap0191bp.png

Justin Christian rounds the bases after his 3-run homer.

snap0211fl.png

Denney looks on as Christian prepares to dispatch the ball 425ft away.

snap0235ns.png

Senators manager John Stearns knows that the game has just been lost.

snap0251mm.png

Kevin Howard snags a liner from John Wilson to keep Jeff Kennard's outing scoreless.

snap0315es.png

Brett Gardner lays down another bunt hit.

snap0339ls.png

Pitch list of Dee Haynes' at bat in the third inning.

snap0371zu.png

Jeff Kennard makes sure he hasn't forgotten that third inning.

snap0386jc.png

Felix Escalona makes a diving stop on a Josh Labandeira ground ball in the 7th.

snap0402go.png

Pitch list from Justin Christian's pivotal home run before he doubles in the 7th.

snap0433sa.png

Felix Escalona isn't happy with Gabe Lopez's strike out in the 8th.

snap0491fl.png

But it all ends well as Escalona, Christian and Sardinha head to the clubhouse after Justin Pope's 1-2-3 9th inning.

snap0558sq.png

Trenton Thunder @ Portland Sea Dogs (Click link for boxscore.)

In a classic pitcher's duel in the middle of gusting winds at Hadlock Field in Portland, Maine, Trenton kept the Sea Dogs at bay in the form of a 3-hit shutout.

Danny Borrell started the game for Trenton and after taking the loss to the Altoona Curve on the 25th of June, he looked to bounce back. He did that very well, starting the first inning as he meant to continue - with 2 fly outs and a ground out.

Trenton threatened Sea Dogs starter Luis Mendoza early and often as an Eric Duncan single and a Justin Christian double to right field placed runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs for Kevin Howard, but he couldn't come through with a hit as he grounded out softly to shortstop Keoni DeRenne.

They then took charge in the bottom of the 3rd, scoring the only run of the game as a bunt single from Brett Gardner started the run-scoring rally after a ground out from Omir Santos. Gardner then stole second base on the weak arm of catcher Alberto Concepcion and scored as he took off for third base before Gabe Lopez slapped a single to score Gardner easily, who was at third base by the time the ball had left the infield. Bronson Sardinha then killed the thought of more runs with Lopez on base with 1 out, as he scorched a liner to first baseman Luiz A. Jimenez for the second out, then Jimenez tagged out Lopez, who had no chance to retreat to first base, for the third out, and an inning-ending double-play.

Portland's first real chance came in the bottom of the 5th, as Chad Spann led off the inning with a double to right-center field. Luis A. Jimenez then singled to put runners at first and third with no outs, but Danny Borrell escaped as he was helped massively by a shoe-string catch from Justin Christian in left field for the first out, then he got a soft double-play ball from Keoni DeRenne to first baseman Eric Duncan. Duncan, however, tossed a beachball to shortstop Escalona to delay the throw to first base, which allowed DeRenne to barely hit first base before Gabe Lopez caught the return throw from Escalona. Borrell then pitched quickly to David Bacani and got an easy fly ball to Christian, who made his second put-out of the inning and helped Borrell escape trouble.

After the 5th inning, there was only 1 hit, which came from Thunder second baseman Gabe Lopez. Francisco Butto appeared in the bottom of the 7th to replace Borrell. Butto, who recently arrived back in Trenton after his demotion from Columbus, despite pitching well, and Jesus Colome's promotion to Columbus, pitched a solid inning and two-thirds before James Brent Cox pitched to David Bacani, taking just 2 pitches to induce a fly ball for the final out of the inning. Justin Pope earned another save as he pitched an uneventful ninth inning to lead Trenton to a 1-0 win over their Eastern League Northern Division rivals.

Notes:

Very fun game. Not much offense, but pitcher's duels of this nature are usually very good to play, especially with only a 1-run deficit.

Gabe Lopez went 3 for 4 with the RBI to score Gardner, and Gardner had just the single bunt single. I was trying to avoid using it this time around to see how good a hitter he actually was if his bunting ability is taken out. Despite his 2-strikeout and 1-ground out day, I think I'll try it for the next few games to get a solid answer.

Justin Christian slaps a double in the 2nd.

snap0046jh.png

David Bacani strikes out looking at Borrell's best pitch of the night - a wicked backdoor slurve which crept across the outside of the strike zone for Bacani's third strike.

snap0096lg.png

Randy Ruiz's single in the 4th just stayed fair.

snap0106vb.png

Felix Escalona decided to play copycat as he slipped a liner past Chad Spann after Ruiz was forced out at second base by Eric Duncan.

snap0137br.png

Luis A. Jimenez's pitch list from the bottom of the 2nd inning. He swung and missed at a high fastball from Borrell.

snap0170wn.png

Justin Christian saves a run in the 5th with Spann on third base and Jimenez on first base.

snap0188nu.png

Gabe Lopez makes a diving stop and an accurate throw to first base to retire Jeremy West, and the Sea Dogs, in the bottom of the 6th.

snap0226kr.png

Todd Claus and his players look on as Alberto Concepcion strikes out in the bottom of the 8th.

snap0278of.png

Chris Durbin curses the baseball Gods as Justin Pope catches him looking in the 9th.

snap0319cw.png

Jeremy West prepares to make contact on Justin Pope's last pitch of the game, which he grounded to Gabe Lopez for the final out.

snap0322ni.png

Todd Claus is upset he didn't use his beloved suicide squeeze more. Well, when you're 3-hit, you don't get many chances to do that, do you Todd? (Yes, I have a serious dislike for Todd Claus. Sue me.)

snap0344it.png

Archived